STD Tuning Engine Bigger elements

Bigger elements

Bigger elements

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

vesopa
Naturally-aspirated

07-10-2013, 01:07 PM #1
Hello,

I need 7 or 7.5mm pump elements (plungers) for Bosch M pump.
From what i've red it seems that m75 is discussed alot, but i cannot contact Tomnik who obviously sales them.
So please addvice what shall i do.

Thank you in addvance.

Venko
vesopa
07-10-2013, 01:07 PM #1

Hello,

I need 7 or 7.5mm pump elements (plungers) for Bosch M pump.
From what i've red it seems that m75 is discussed alot, but i cannot contact Tomnik who obviously sales them.
So please addvice what shall i do.

Thank you in addvance.

Venko

yankneck696
Build it so strong & blow it up good !!!

07-11-2013, 06:59 AM #2
Contact Dieselmechen. He seems to do great work.

Ed
yankneck696
07-11-2013, 06:59 AM #2

Contact Dieselmechen. He seems to do great work.

Ed

vesopa
Naturally-aspirated

07-11-2013, 11:30 AM #3
(07-11-2013, 06:59 AM)yankneck696 Contact Dieselmechen. He seems to do great work.

Ed

I need the elements only, i don't think he sales them separately.
vesopa
07-11-2013, 11:30 AM #3

(07-11-2013, 06:59 AM)yankneck696 Contact Dieselmechen. He seems to do great work.

Ed

I need the elements only, i don't think he sales them separately.

Mark_M
GT2559V

07-11-2013, 05:47 PM #4
Tomnik stopped selling them separately as well and would only supply them to a Diesel shop (PPD on here I think?). To many problems with people thinking it was a DIY install and getting the obvious bad results.
Mark_M
07-11-2013, 05:47 PM #4

Tomnik stopped selling them separately as well and would only supply them to a Diesel shop (PPD on here I think?). To many problems with people thinking it was a DIY install and getting the obvious bad results.

vesopa
Naturally-aspirated

07-11-2013, 10:21 PM #5
(07-11-2013, 05:47 PM)Mark_M Tomnik stopped selling them separately as well and would only supply them to a Diesel shop (PPD on here I think?). To many problems with people thinking it was a DIY install and getting the obvious bad results.

Isn't that what Mercedes entusiast is all about, to get to the point of breaking your own car eventualy, did you guys succeded from the first shot every time ... without getting bad results ?
If somebody sends me elements (that are not Transit ones or China made Smile))
I promise i will not have negative feedback... if this is not enough for convincing, than it's not about saveing peoples pumps but it's about bussiness and rip offs Smile))

Thank you guys anyway i will do it with or without ... i thougt it might be easy this way Smile))

Take care
vesopa
07-11-2013, 10:21 PM #5

(07-11-2013, 05:47 PM)Mark_M Tomnik stopped selling them separately as well and would only supply them to a Diesel shop (PPD on here I think?). To many problems with people thinking it was a DIY install and getting the obvious bad results.

Isn't that what Mercedes entusiast is all about, to get to the point of breaking your own car eventualy, did you guys succeded from the first shot every time ... without getting bad results ?
If somebody sends me elements (that are not Transit ones or China made Smile))
I promise i will not have negative feedback... if this is not enough for convincing, than it's not about saveing peoples pumps but it's about bussiness and rip offs Smile))

Thank you guys anyway i will do it with or without ... i thougt it might be easy this way Smile))

Take care

barrote
Superturbo

07-12-2013, 05:16 AM #6
i support that idea , the porpose should be "do by yourself".

FD,
Powered by tractor fuel
barrote
07-12-2013, 05:16 AM #6

i support that idea , the porpose should be "do by yourself".

FD,
Powered by tractor fuel

yankneck696

07-12-2013, 06:59 AM #7
To get correct results, you need a test bench setup. It would cost more to build one of them than having Dieselmechen go through your whole pump. Too many people tried & failed,. Too many complaints. It got to the point that Tomnick ended up leaving the site partly due to the badmouthing from people trying to install their own elements. I also think he would have been lucky to break even, but most likely lost money in the long run.

Just send it to Goran (Dieselmechen) & get a pump that is fully capable of snapping your crankshaft a few times, or have him tune it for your specific needs.

Just trying to give the best agvise possible,
Ed
yankneck696
07-12-2013, 06:59 AM #7

To get correct results, you need a test bench setup. It would cost more to build one of them than having Dieselmechen go through your whole pump. Too many people tried & failed,. Too many complaints. It got to the point that Tomnick ended up leaving the site partly due to the badmouthing from people trying to install their own elements. I also think he would have been lucky to break even, but most likely lost money in the long run.

Just send it to Goran (Dieselmechen) & get a pump that is fully capable of snapping your crankshaft a few times, or have him tune it for your specific needs.

Ed

maxypriest
Holset

07-12-2013, 08:56 AM #8
(07-12-2013, 06:59 AM)yankneck696 To get correct results, you need a test bench setup. It would cost more to build one of them than having Dieselmechen go through your whole pump. Too many people tried & failed,. Too many complaints. It got to the point that Tomnick ended up leaving the site partly due to the badmouthing from people trying to install their own elements. I also think he would have been lucky to break even, but most likely lost money in the long run.

Ed

I totally agree, some things are worth subbing out - i would spend your time solving the other problems high output diesels offer, like snapped drive shafts, slipping clutches, excessive tyre wear etc.

W124 om606 HX40 finished and it's a beauty 450bhp/456ft-lbs
maxypriest
07-12-2013, 08:56 AM #8

(07-12-2013, 06:59 AM)yankneck696 To get correct results, you need a test bench setup. It would cost more to build one of them than having Dieselmechen go through your whole pump. Too many people tried & failed,. Too many complaints. It got to the point that Tomnick ended up leaving the site partly due to the badmouthing from people trying to install their own elements. I also think he would have been lucky to break even, but most likely lost money in the long run.

Ed

I totally agree, some things are worth subbing out - i would spend your time solving the other problems high output diesels offer, like snapped drive shafts, slipping clutches, excessive tyre wear etc.

W124 om606 HX40 finished and it's a beauty 450bhp/456ft-lbs

vesopa
Naturally-aspirated

07-12-2013, 04:25 PM #9
As i said, thaks alot for your help, and i will do it other way, hope i will not live to eat my words Smile
But Dieselmaken and Tomnik warent born with big plungers in theyr hands right (if you know what i mean Smile)... they devolped that whole life of theyrs by trial and error.
Just because the world if full of haters that don't know what they're doing and think the know it all .. and end up with broken engines that doesn't mean i am one of them, doesn mean i will play that game eather.
It only means that the whole concept of the Mercedes diesel engines is form the 60's and i don't understand what the big secret is all about.
My pump is electric .... i don't need all the rings and bells, all i need is retarded edge, not even look for horsepower, i have 240 on the crank with 5.5 right now, and nothing on the car can handle it ... right now.
All i need is to get sooth running engine with bug torque range so i can fool myself that i have CDI. So i figured out i can buy elements, but if i can ... screw it, i will just get BMW 535d or something, because you know what, they made all that we're talking about here right form the factory. If you need more, just put better injectors and better turbos (you can buy them by the way) and you have more, no need to beg anybody.

And for the end Smile

I would like to be part of that forum, and to talk with people and share expirience and so and so ...
but if you just take a look of the topics you'll see that most of them are rotating in circles, such as : My goal is 400hp what shall i do, and from there it goes ...

Important is RANGE ... NOT HP,
Thats why i admireing all the technitians here such as Tomnik Dieselmaken Jeemu etc ... but there is no way in hell i would pay close to 1000Euro for 5 little pices of steel, especialy when i have all the technitians, verry good Mapper and all handy right here in BG.

Thank you for your time and good night Smile)))
vesopa
07-12-2013, 04:25 PM #9

As i said, thaks alot for your help, and i will do it other way, hope i will not live to eat my words Smile
But Dieselmaken and Tomnik warent born with big plungers in theyr hands right (if you know what i mean Smile)... they devolped that whole life of theyrs by trial and error.
Just because the world if full of haters that don't know what they're doing and think the know it all .. and end up with broken engines that doesn't mean i am one of them, doesn mean i will play that game eather.
It only means that the whole concept of the Mercedes diesel engines is form the 60's and i don't understand what the big secret is all about.
My pump is electric .... i don't need all the rings and bells, all i need is retarded edge, not even look for horsepower, i have 240 on the crank with 5.5 right now, and nothing on the car can handle it ... right now.
All i need is to get sooth running engine with bug torque range so i can fool myself that i have CDI. So i figured out i can buy elements, but if i can ... screw it, i will just get BMW 535d or something, because you know what, they made all that we're talking about here right form the factory. If you need more, just put better injectors and better turbos (you can buy them by the way) and you have more, no need to beg anybody.

And for the end Smile

I would like to be part of that forum, and to talk with people and share expirience and so and so ...
but if you just take a look of the topics you'll see that most of them are rotating in circles, such as : My goal is 400hp what shall i do, and from there it goes ...

Important is RANGE ... NOT HP,
Thats why i admireing all the technitians here such as Tomnik Dieselmaken Jeemu etc ... but there is no way in hell i would pay close to 1000Euro for 5 little pices of steel, especialy when i have all the technitians, verry good Mapper and all handy right here in BG.

Thank you for your time and good night Smile)))

erling66
SuperDieselVan

07-13-2013, 09:24 AM #10
Tomnik and dieselmeken needed elements and what did they do? They did not complain about the Finns that did not want to sell them elements, they designed new elements and got someone to produce them.
So why don't you do the same? stop complaining and start making elements yourself? Then YOU can be the nice guy that sell cheap top quality elements to everyone that want to try to build pumps. As you said: you have all the technicians right there in BG.

HuhCoolTongue
erling66
07-13-2013, 09:24 AM #10

Tomnik and dieselmeken needed elements and what did they do? They did not complain about the Finns that did not want to sell them elements, they designed new elements and got someone to produce them.
So why don't you do the same? stop complaining and start making elements yourself? Then YOU can be the nice guy that sell cheap top quality elements to everyone that want to try to build pumps. As you said: you have all the technicians right there in BG.

HuhCoolTongue

barrote
Superturbo

07-13-2013, 10:55 AM #11
hy fine people,
well let´s put some gas on the fire, once i read in this fórum and written by dieselmeken, something like , " i share my knowledge, there is no point on take it to the grave" and far as i´m concerned understood that he was happy to share is ideas and his endeavours, that´s why a PM him to sell me some 6 elements for my M pump, was astonished with the answear" I ONLY SELL TO DIESEL SHOPS" what a good answear it was.
Does he thinks that diesel shops in my coutry dont have 7.5 elements to fit on this pumps? does he thinks that in my country we dont have CNC machines, have u ever stop to think that people in country are or is at this time overhauling diesel pumps.
what a mistery is bollshit of a diesel pump compared with a turbine engine governor??? we do those overhaulings in Portugal!!!!
Along with a lot of tech, for instance have u ever thought that we have at least 20 engeniers and factories working for ESA "european spage agency" and some of them were in the school with us and still live in the same street.

what i mean is that i dont have enough Money to overhaul a diesel pump, or i dont want to spend 1000€ doing it, i just want the elements , ok if u are not willing to sell them , stop posting about that , go do your business to some place else. any overhauling facility in europe can fix a pump for 7.5 7 6.5 , elements , is just the cost of overhauling it.

and by the way, who wants a OM612, or a OM647, or a OM613, 642 , and other alike for less tha a 1000€ ,
do we really need pumps and elements, not sure , what we want is to get the hands dirty and doing by ourselfes, anything besides that for me is Business, for business there a all lot places to go in my street.

the best regards for those who agree with me , for the others the same.

FD,
Powered by tractor fuel
barrote
07-13-2013, 10:55 AM #11

hy fine people,
well let´s put some gas on the fire, once i read in this fórum and written by dieselmeken, something like , " i share my knowledge, there is no point on take it to the grave" and far as i´m concerned understood that he was happy to share is ideas and his endeavours, that´s why a PM him to sell me some 6 elements for my M pump, was astonished with the answear" I ONLY SELL TO DIESEL SHOPS" what a good answear it was.
Does he thinks that diesel shops in my coutry dont have 7.5 elements to fit on this pumps? does he thinks that in my country we dont have CNC machines, have u ever stop to think that people in country are or is at this time overhauling diesel pumps.
what a mistery is bollshit of a diesel pump compared with a turbine engine governor??? we do those overhaulings in Portugal!!!!
Along with a lot of tech, for instance have u ever thought that we have at least 20 engeniers and factories working for ESA "european spage agency" and some of them were in the school with us and still live in the same street.

what i mean is that i dont have enough Money to overhaul a diesel pump, or i dont want to spend 1000€ doing it, i just want the elements , ok if u are not willing to sell them , stop posting about that , go do your business to some place else. any overhauling facility in europe can fix a pump for 7.5 7 6.5 , elements , is just the cost of overhauling it.

and by the way, who wants a OM612, or a OM647, or a OM613, 642 , and other alike for less tha a 1000€ ,
do we really need pumps and elements, not sure , what we want is to get the hands dirty and doing by ourselfes, anything besides that for me is Business, for business there a all lot places to go in my street.

the best regards for those who agree with me , for the others the same.

FD,
Powered by tractor fuel

sorin_cel
5fingers on a hand, 5cylinders block

07-13-2013, 04:46 PM #12
i'm agree with you people(vesopa&barrote).other nations knows to tune m pumps as well, not the just the scandinavians.i like them, they are smart and they are doing nice jobs, but yes, 1000 euros for a pump , is too much.see you on the forum.
sorin_cel
07-13-2013, 04:46 PM #12

i'm agree with you people(vesopa&barrote).other nations knows to tune m pumps as well, not the just the scandinavians.i like them, they are smart and they are doing nice jobs, but yes, 1000 euros for a pump , is too much.see you on the forum.

Eric78
GT2559V

07-13-2013, 07:47 PM #13
(07-13-2013, 04:46 PM)sorin_cel i'm agree with you people(vesopa&barrote).other nations knows to tune m pumps as well, not the just the scandinavians.i like them, they are smart and they are doing nice jobs, but yes, 1000 euros for a pump , is too much.see you on the forum.
Around here I'd be paying the equivelent to more than 1000 euros for a standard pump rebuilt so 1000-1200 euro for a super pump is not too bad.
Eric78
07-13-2013, 07:47 PM #13

(07-13-2013, 04:46 PM)sorin_cel i'm agree with you people(vesopa&barrote).other nations knows to tune m pumps as well, not the just the scandinavians.i like them, they are smart and they are doing nice jobs, but yes, 1000 euros for a pump , is too much.see you on the forum.
Around here I'd be paying the equivelent to more than 1000 euros for a standard pump rebuilt so 1000-1200 euro for a super pump is not too bad.

hansendk
TA 0301

07-13-2013, 10:01 PM #14
Well prices are different around the world so 1000 euro is not the same for every one, try buy a car in Denmark you have to pay for 3 to get 1 or buy a cucumber I Norway that's how it is when you live in Scandinavia.
we are use to pay and have high salary's but in the end there is not so much left.
but why do you think Tomnik left STD and Dieselmeken says like he do?????
because if they sell to everybody, they get tons off problems with people who thinks that changing elements is like changing glow plugs.
After more than 27 years engine remanufacturing I think I could manages to changes element and get them to work but I don't bother trying I just send it to Dieselmeken I even send the injectors with the pump because then I know everything is 100% ok.

remember its a free world everybody can do what they like so stop complaining.

Hansendk
hansendk
07-13-2013, 10:01 PM #14

Well prices are different around the world so 1000 euro is not the same for every one, try buy a car in Denmark you have to pay for 3 to get 1 or buy a cucumber I Norway that's how it is when you live in Scandinavia.
we are use to pay and have high salary's but in the end there is not so much left.
but why do you think Tomnik left STD and Dieselmeken says like he do?????
because if they sell to everybody, they get tons off problems with people who thinks that changing elements is like changing glow plugs.
After more than 27 years engine remanufacturing I think I could manages to changes element and get them to work but I don't bother trying I just send it to Dieselmeken I even send the injectors with the pump because then I know everything is 100% ok.

remember its a free world everybody can do what they like so stop complaining.

Hansendk

dieselmeken
Holset

07-13-2013, 10:23 PM #15
I Have spendt around 40.000:- USD in developing, testing and producing my elements, still there is not one element that fit 100%, not work 100%, I have to take pumps apart 2-3 times to change elements to get it to work 100%, THATs why I dont like to sell these parts to regular people that think that they can do it yourself. In 100% I need to change rollers because the phasing is of limit, elements that dont keep tight and deliver fuel, elements that are wrong just by 1/2 degree in helix angle, elements that stick when deliveryvalve is tighten with correct tourqe, elements that are wrom in diameter outside so that regulating sleeve stick.

I have sold elements to workshops, phone & mail, why does it not work? Well you dont have the knowhow in these parts, sorry.
Is it my obligation then to tell everybody how I do?
I understand now why Tom left the board, I will do the same thing soon.
I am a business man, dont forget that, This is part of my living, if you have any problems with that I make money on my investment, you have big problems.
Go ahead and make your own element, I can only sat Good Luck.
dieselmeken
07-13-2013, 10:23 PM #15

I Have spendt around 40.000:- USD in developing, testing and producing my elements, still there is not one element that fit 100%, not work 100%, I have to take pumps apart 2-3 times to change elements to get it to work 100%, THATs why I dont like to sell these parts to regular people that think that they can do it yourself. In 100% I need to change rollers because the phasing is of limit, elements that dont keep tight and deliver fuel, elements that are wrong just by 1/2 degree in helix angle, elements that stick when deliveryvalve is tighten with correct tourqe, elements that are wrom in diameter outside so that regulating sleeve stick.

I have sold elements to workshops, phone & mail, why does it not work? Well you dont have the knowhow in these parts, sorry.
Is it my obligation then to tell everybody how I do?
I understand now why Tom left the board, I will do the same thing soon.
I am a business man, dont forget that, This is part of my living, if you have any problems with that I make money on my investment, you have big problems.
Go ahead and make your own element, I can only sat Good Luck.

vesopa
Naturally-aspirated

07-14-2013, 01:39 AM #16
With all due respect,
I apreciate the fact you're in bussines, however it's transparent that your price is overinflated for the average person.
Maybe if i were in TractorPulling things will be different.

They year is 2013, better move those quickly before they go out of stiyle.
vesopa
07-14-2013, 01:39 AM #16

With all due respect,
I apreciate the fact you're in bussines, however it's transparent that your price is overinflated for the average person.
Maybe if i were in TractorPulling things will be different.

They year is 2013, better move those quickly before they go out of stiyle.

Eric78
GT2559V

07-14-2013, 02:22 AM #17
You could just buy these ones http://www.dieselkontor.de/product_info....ts_id=3271, & get back to us on how that went.
Eric78
07-14-2013, 02:22 AM #17

You could just buy these ones http://www.dieselkontor.de/product_info....ts_id=3271, & get back to us on how that went.

mantahead
Holset

07-14-2013, 03:31 AM #18
hi vesopa,

i had some ideas like you one time,

do you know how many times i had the pump off the car?
have you read this??

http://www.superturbodiesel.com/std/thre...ieselmeken
mantahead
07-14-2013, 03:31 AM #18

hi vesopa,

i had some ideas like you one time,

do you know how many times i had the pump off the car?
have you read this??

yankneck696

07-14-2013, 07:21 AM #19
OK, for all the naysayers,
Wh can't we get a reputable shop in the USA to do these modifications? Because it is very time consuming. 1 person installed his purchased elements in his pump, found a way to basicly tune it & was happy.
THEN, he sent the pump to Dieselmechen, who measured the output & balance. It pretty far out of balance to the point of ANY rreputable diesel shop that put out a pump that far out would have been laughed at. Now, for a person without the right test bench & spare parts, the car owner did a fine job.
Goran took the pump, ran through it, tuned it & it was substantially better. are
Could someone post a link to the post I am referring to?

Lastly, the reason theat Tomnik left, is because of getting harassed by people like YOU. Goran does wonders with these pumps. YOU are liable to drive him & any other future TRUE pump tuners away from this forum. To me, that is CRIMINAL !!!
Why don't you just find some tractor elements & throw them in your pump? In europe, there are many other applications for M pumps that we do not have access to here in the USA.

Goran is in business. He has invested GREATLY in working on our pumps.He has ordered MANY elements & had to discard or further modify them to suit our purpose. I personally own a Cummins with a VP44 IP. If I want a true performance pump, I have to pay close to $2000 !!!! You are complaining about 1000 euros... Pffft.

If you wish to demean a very good pump man and act like this. go fins Lance (Forced Induction) & whine with him.

I am a buisness owner. Sole proprietor. Sometimes, if a person has the right tools , knowledge & abilities, I will advise them in repairs. If they don't, it is MY liability if their home burns down it is MY liability.

1. You DO NOT have the right tools
2. you MOST LIKELY do not have enough spares to balance correctly.
3. You DO NOT have the right expensive machine to measure the balance.
4. You may have no idea how to adjust the governor.

You would most likely fail miserably & blame the supplier of the elements.
THAT is why Tomnick has left us.

None of this is an attack. I am just trying to help you understand WHY Goran will not sell them.

He still hasn't found even 1 competent & willing pump shop in the USA to deal with & there are 3-4 in each major city.

Good day.

Ed
yankneck696
07-14-2013, 07:21 AM #19

OK, for all the naysayers,
Wh can't we get a reputable shop in the USA to do these modifications? Because it is very time consuming. 1 person installed his purchased elements in his pump, found a way to basicly tune it & was happy.
THEN, he sent the pump to Dieselmechen, who measured the output & balance. It pretty far out of balance to the point of ANY rreputable diesel shop that put out a pump that far out would have been laughed at. Now, for a person without the right test bench & spare parts, the car owner did a fine job.
Goran took the pump, ran through it, tuned it & it was substantially better. are
Could someone post a link to the post I am referring to?

Lastly, the reason theat Tomnik left, is because of getting harassed by people like YOU. Goran does wonders with these pumps. YOU are liable to drive him & any other future TRUE pump tuners away from this forum. To me, that is CRIMINAL !!!
Why don't you just find some tractor elements & throw them in your pump? In europe, there are many other applications for M pumps that we do not have access to here in the USA.

Goran is in business. He has invested GREATLY in working on our pumps.He has ordered MANY elements & had to discard or further modify them to suit our purpose. I personally own a Cummins with a VP44 IP. If I want a true performance pump, I have to pay close to $2000 !!!! You are complaining about 1000 euros... Pffft.

If you wish to demean a very good pump man and act like this. go fins Lance (Forced Induction) & whine with him.

I am a buisness owner. Sole proprietor. Sometimes, if a person has the right tools , knowledge & abilities, I will advise them in repairs. If they don't, it is MY liability if their home burns down it is MY liability.

1. You DO NOT have the right tools
2. you MOST LIKELY do not have enough spares to balance correctly.
3. You DO NOT have the right expensive machine to measure the balance.
4. You may have no idea how to adjust the governor.

You would most likely fail miserably & blame the supplier of the elements.
THAT is why Tomnick has left us.

None of this is an attack. I am just trying to help you understand WHY Goran will not sell them.

He still hasn't found even 1 competent & willing pump shop in the USA to deal with & there are 3-4 in each major city.

Good day.

Ed

mantahead
Holset

07-14-2013, 09:27 AM #20
hi yankneck696

link is in my last post, i agree it would make some good reading.

This post was last modified: 07-14-2013, 09:28 AM by mantahead.
mantahead
07-14-2013, 09:27 AM #20

hi yankneck696

link is in my last post, i agree it would make some good reading.

OM616
10mm MW

07-14-2013, 10:50 AM #21
(07-14-2013, 07:21 AM)yankneck696 Lastly, the reason theat Tomnik left, is because of getting harassed by people like YOU. Goran does wonders with these pumps. YOU are liable to drive him & any other future TRUE pump tuners away from this forum. To me, that is CRIMINAL !!!

Very well said!!! Tomnik and Dieselmeken are treasures that should be guarded from warren less attacks like this. For some one to pop up and drive away another member that has contributed to the forum, (and I personally think offering professional services at a profitable price is contributing, as there are not many places to consider), is just wrong, may be even a moderation issue.. .

I have been beaten up about how much I would charge to do a pump, I have even had a lawsuit brought against me, after not telling someone how to adjust their governor after they screwed it up trying it themselves!!!

This form, IMOP, is not about charity, the idea that because one member takes it upon himself to invest his time and recourses and develop a product or process that others desire, does not require him to share the results with the world for nothing... Instead of bitching, how about be inspired, and solve your problem as they did! Do not drive away those who have taken up a challenge because they want to recover their investment and compensate their time...

I do not think that anyone's ass should be kissed because of what they can do, but I do think that it is "our" duty to try and shield them from this kind of harassment as much as possible.

I sincerely appreciate what Tomnik and Dieselmeken have done, and understand why they would leave... I agree that it would be a crime against the forum...
OM616
07-14-2013, 10:50 AM #21

(07-14-2013, 07:21 AM)yankneck696 Lastly, the reason theat Tomnik left, is because of getting harassed by people like YOU. Goran does wonders with these pumps. YOU are liable to drive him & any other future TRUE pump tuners away from this forum. To me, that is CRIMINAL !!!

Very well said!!! Tomnik and Dieselmeken are treasures that should be guarded from warren less attacks like this. For some one to pop up and drive away another member that has contributed to the forum, (and I personally think offering professional services at a profitable price is contributing, as there are not many places to consider), is just wrong, may be even a moderation issue.. .

I have been beaten up about how much I would charge to do a pump, I have even had a lawsuit brought against me, after not telling someone how to adjust their governor after they screwed it up trying it themselves!!!

This form, IMOP, is not about charity, the idea that because one member takes it upon himself to invest his time and recourses and develop a product or process that others desire, does not require him to share the results with the world for nothing... Instead of bitching, how about be inspired, and solve your problem as they did! Do not drive away those who have taken up a challenge because they want to recover their investment and compensate their time...

I do not think that anyone's ass should be kissed because of what they can do, but I do think that it is "our" duty to try and shield them from this kind of harassment as much as possible.

I sincerely appreciate what Tomnik and Dieselmeken have done, and understand why they would leave... I agree that it would be a crime against the forum...

Eric78
GT2559V

07-15-2013, 04:31 AM #22
(07-14-2013, 07:21 AM)yankneck696 go find Lance (Forced Induction) & whine with him.
I remember having an argument with him on what I thought was this forum(but I can't find any evidence of me having an account here back then) where he insisted that it was impossible for a tuned Merc turbo diesel to rev to much past 5000rpm, I pointed out that the N/A stock 602 revs to 5200.
Eric78
07-15-2013, 04:31 AM #22

(07-14-2013, 07:21 AM)yankneck696 go find Lance (Forced Induction) & whine with him.
I remember having an argument with him on what I thought was this forum(but I can't find any evidence of me having an account here back then) where he insisted that it was impossible for a tuned Merc turbo diesel to rev to much past 5000rpm, I pointed out that the N/A stock 602 revs to 5200.

barrote
Superturbo

07-15-2013, 05:48 AM #23
da da da, u people just missed the point of things , first time i got to this fórum i was searching for a Mercedes benz shop repair manual for engines OM60x , they just prety much the same irespective of being 4 valves 4 cylinder or 2 valves 6 cylinder , and u know something, have read a lot of posts and there is no such a book here. find it out in some personal web pages.
can tell u that this fellow wich have this page online :http://www.w124performance.com/. has a lot of pertinet info. i thank to this person or group of persons.

second thing i was searching was the Bosch IP repair manual, u know what , couldnt find it here. what i find here is people trying to solve there problems and very often nobody is answearing properly. i try to give advices regarding my experience to thi people.

thats why i say if u are here as business men , why dont u say it and do your own business at your web page, instead of saying that u share your knowledge.

I just want to get my hands dirty , if i want to mess with my governor and in the end it will end up working wrong is my problema and i will not adress conplaint to anyone, the happens if i want to change the elements of my pump. if i can´t get it working thats my problema, but if somebody advertisse that he has this and that for sale, i want to buy is simple comercial relation, if this person is seling me cat instead of rabit , well thats my problema cause i bought it. and his is problema cause probably i´m going to advertisse against him.

thats all i can say , by the way mr dieselmeken why dont u publish a bosch repair manual, and literature about the several kinds of governors that can be fited on our pumps, that is something that i would aprecciate, i and most of people that can understand how a pump works. i believe if u do that and once people understand what Phasing is all about, most of them will stop asking u to sell those elements.

by the way my 605 rev´s a lot beon 6k , and is prety much stock, and u kow someting my M pump has no lift pump on it.

the best regards to all.

FD,
Powered by tractor fuel
barrote
07-15-2013, 05:48 AM #23

da da da, u people just missed the point of things , first time i got to this fórum i was searching for a Mercedes benz shop repair manual for engines OM60x , they just prety much the same irespective of being 4 valves 4 cylinder or 2 valves 6 cylinder , and u know something, have read a lot of posts and there is no such a book here. find it out in some personal web pages.
can tell u that this fellow wich have this page online :http://www.w124performance.com/. has a lot of pertinet info. i thank to this person or group of persons.

second thing i was searching was the Bosch IP repair manual, u know what , couldnt find it here. what i find here is people trying to solve there problems and very often nobody is answearing properly. i try to give advices regarding my experience to thi people.

thats why i say if u are here as business men , why dont u say it and do your own business at your web page, instead of saying that u share your knowledge.

I just want to get my hands dirty , if i want to mess with my governor and in the end it will end up working wrong is my problema and i will not adress conplaint to anyone, the happens if i want to change the elements of my pump. if i can´t get it working thats my problema, but if somebody advertisse that he has this and that for sale, i want to buy is simple comercial relation, if this person is seling me cat instead of rabit , well thats my problema cause i bought it. and his is problema cause probably i´m going to advertisse against him.

thats all i can say , by the way mr dieselmeken why dont u publish a bosch repair manual, and literature about the several kinds of governors that can be fited on our pumps, that is something that i would aprecciate, i and most of people that can understand how a pump works. i believe if u do that and once people understand what Phasing is all about, most of them will stop asking u to sell those elements.

by the way my 605 rev´s a lot beon 6k , and is prety much stock, and u kow someting my M pump has no lift pump on it.

the best regards to all.

FD,
Powered by tractor fuel

yankneck696

07-15-2013, 06:41 AM #24
Barrote, you can call Bosch & surely buy a service manual. It won't be cheap.
I have been on this forum for around 10 years. If you read back for that long, you will be more confused than educated. Many haave tried internal pump upgrades & adjustments. When adjusting the pumps, I would say that 50% have had success. the rest had to usually pay someone to fix their screwups.
OM616 drafted an excellent paper on MW pump theory. Well written & informitive. Search it out & find out just how difficult an IP can be.
Read Mantahead's thread that he posted about his trials & how it all ended up.
These are people that have been at it for a decade or so.
OM616, how much do you have invested in your test bench project so far & how much more to complete it?

Ed

Also, Dieselmechen, if you dare leave this forum, I will fly to sweeden & put you in an IV drip of Akvavit until you come to your senses or fall on the floor.... Peace.

Ed
This post was last modified: 07-15-2013, 06:45 AM by yankneck696.
yankneck696
07-15-2013, 06:41 AM #24

Barrote, you can call Bosch & surely buy a service manual. It won't be cheap.
I have been on this forum for around 10 years. If you read back for that long, you will be more confused than educated. Many haave tried internal pump upgrades & adjustments. When adjusting the pumps, I would say that 50% have had success. the rest had to usually pay someone to fix their screwups.
OM616 drafted an excellent paper on MW pump theory. Well written & informitive. Search it out & find out just how difficult an IP can be.
Read Mantahead's thread that he posted about his trials & how it all ended up.
These are people that have been at it for a decade or so.
OM616, how much do you have invested in your test bench project so far & how much more to complete it?

Ed

Also, Dieselmechen, if you dare leave this forum, I will fly to sweeden & put you in an IV drip of Akvavit until you come to your senses or fall on the floor.... Peace.

Ed

Simpler=Better
PORTED HEAD

07-15-2013, 08:03 AM #25
I don't understand why everyone is bitching so much about the price.....$1000 to double your power is cheap in the car world. Yes a cummins or gas v8 can be doubled in output for less than $1000, but your buy in on the motor is going to be well over $1000.

You're paying for R&D on the elements, the special shop equipment, and on the skilled labor to install and tweak them. $200 per element installed is cheap as hell if you ask me.

It's partially a labor of love..Tomnik, Dieselmenken, OM616...they're just like us, doing it because they like it. I'm sure all 3 could go off on their own and run other work that's happy to pay for it. So stop bitching.

Newbie-read this: Cheap Tricks
617.952-220k-Getting built up
larsalan I guess I need to look at this stupid ass drip shit. What you have to like mess with those elements on the pump? What a fucking hassle. then use some wire to hold the throttle open or some shit?
Simpler=Better
07-15-2013, 08:03 AM #25

I don't understand why everyone is bitching so much about the price.....$1000 to double your power is cheap in the car world. Yes a cummins or gas v8 can be doubled in output for less than $1000, but your buy in on the motor is going to be well over $1000.

You're paying for R&D on the elements, the special shop equipment, and on the skilled labor to install and tweak them. $200 per element installed is cheap as hell if you ask me.

It's partially a labor of love..Tomnik, Dieselmenken, OM616...they're just like us, doing it because they like it. I'm sure all 3 could go off on their own and run other work that's happy to pay for it. So stop bitching.

Newbie-read this: Cheap Tricks
617.952-220k-Getting built up
larsalan I guess I need to look at this stupid ass drip shit. What you have to like mess with those elements on the pump? What a fucking hassle. then use some wire to hold the throttle open or some shit?

barrote
Superturbo

07-15-2013, 11:15 AM #26
hy , yep buying a bosch repair manual is something i´d never remembered.........daaaaa........... if one day i buy one i will put it here for everybody to read.

by the way a 1000€ is the price of a overhaul in a bosch repair center, but correct me if i´m wrong, junk yard pump 300€ , shipment to dieselmeken in sweden i think , lets say 100 each trip , the man job plus elements 1000€ considering is asking this amount, end up with a 1500 € pump plus. for a 500€ engine??? in a 300€ car, and the fact is that i dont need 180cc or what ever he is puting there, just improving the injection.

i´ll tell u something , when i finish my software to run the electrical ones, maybe i´ll go after that element swap, and u know what i will sell the pump ECU with soft uploaded, by 3000€. well i wouldnt do such a thing , belive me when its done i will publish it here.

from now on i will stay still, best regards to all.

FD,