STD Maintenance General W210 E300TD stutter when coming back to idle

W210 E300TD stutter when coming back to idle

W210 E300TD stutter when coming back to idle

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pinchers
Naturally-aspirated

07-07-2013, 03:06 PM #1
I recently picked up another E300TD as a daily drive. It needs a few things doing before going on the road but apart for that it was in general good condition apart from flaking wheel arches.

The engine has done just over 150K miles with no smoke and plently of power, seems good for modifying.

I got into work last week and noticed when reving the engine as the engine came back down to idle at around 1000rpm the engine stutters and shakes until it is back at idle.

The engine idles perfectly smooth and revs up with no problems, its only when the engine is coming back down to idle that it has a stutter.

I notice when the engine is cold or hasn't been run for a long time it doesn't do it, its only after a long run or when its hot that it has the problem.

Does anyone have any ideas?.
Pinchers
07-07-2013, 03:06 PM #1

I recently picked up another E300TD as a daily drive. It needs a few things doing before going on the road but apart for that it was in general good condition apart from flaking wheel arches.

The engine has done just over 150K miles with no smoke and plently of power, seems good for modifying.

I got into work last week and noticed when reving the engine as the engine came back down to idle at around 1000rpm the engine stutters and shakes until it is back at idle.

The engine idles perfectly smooth and revs up with no problems, its only when the engine is coming back down to idle that it has a stutter.

I notice when the engine is cold or hasn't been run for a long time it doesn't do it, its only after a long run or when its hot that it has the problem.

Does anyone have any ideas?.

Pinchers
Naturally-aspirated

07-08-2013, 01:56 PM #2
Ive noticed today if the air con is off the problem is there when the engine is hot, if I turn the air con on the problem isn't there.

Hmmmmmm

Anyone?
Pinchers
07-08-2013, 01:56 PM #2

Ive noticed today if the air con is off the problem is there when the engine is hot, if I turn the air con on the problem isn't there.

Hmmmmmm

Anyone?

lgreeley83
Mr. Rumbles

07-09-2013, 12:00 AM #3
Is this a parked rev or when you come to a stop?

I'm clueless hope someone chimes in.

Have you checked fuel pressure? That's where my mind keeps going but I'm probably wrong.

" straighten up that star on the grill, assholes."

lgreeley83
07-09-2013, 12:00 AM #3

Is this a parked rev or when you come to a stop?

I'm clueless hope someone chimes in.

Have you checked fuel pressure? That's where my mind keeps going but I'm probably wrong.

" straighten up that star on the grill, assholes."

Pinchers
Naturally-aspirated

07-11-2013, 04:01 PM #4
it will do it when in park and when moving... got this to add now I need input ... Dodgy

Im going to take the tank strainer out at the weekend and have a look but I checked the pre-filter beside the main filter and it was clean.

when coming back from work today I noticed that the engine seemed to have the idle problem when the AC is on or off this time.

I did a bit of a search and found this article on another forum, this is exactly what mine is doing, has anyone had this problem??? seems that a ECU change is a bit much.

[Image: shake8xb_zps02d6e256.jpg]

I took a video of the film on my phone, sorry about the quality, at the end of the video you can hear the stutter a lot better...

Also the bubbles in the fuel lines, should I change these, the bubbles have been there from the beginning and running out of fuel.

Pinchers
07-11-2013, 04:01 PM #4

it will do it when in park and when moving... got this to add now I need input ... Dodgy

Im going to take the tank strainer out at the weekend and have a look but I checked the pre-filter beside the main filter and it was clean.

when coming back from work today I noticed that the engine seemed to have the idle problem when the AC is on or off this time.

I did a bit of a search and found this article on another forum, this is exactly what mine is doing, has anyone had this problem??? seems that a ECU change is a bit much.

[Image: shake8xb_zps02d6e256.jpg]

I took a video of the film on my phone, sorry about the quality, at the end of the video you can hear the stutter a lot better...

Also the bubbles in the fuel lines, should I change these, the bubbles have been there from the beginning and running out of fuel.

Druk
Holset

07-11-2013, 04:15 PM #5
Where in Scotland. I have a couple of new fuel lines for this engine I haven't used. Freebie.

Bathgate.
This post was last modified: 07-11-2013, 04:16 PM by Druk.
Druk
07-11-2013, 04:15 PM #5

Where in Scotland. I have a couple of new fuel lines for this engine I haven't used. Freebie.

Bathgate.

larsalan
Superturbo

07-11-2013, 05:37 PM #6
You cannot be having bubbles in the fuel line like that. Surely, that is a detriment to the operation of the motor. Seal up wherever the air is getting sucked into the fuel circuit.

Rusted out beat down 300d turbo 82' -- RIP
Nice body, tons of ridiculous mechanical issues - 300d turbo 82' /motor 85'
larsalan
07-11-2013, 05:37 PM #6

You cannot be having bubbles in the fuel line like that. Surely, that is a detriment to the operation of the motor. Seal up wherever the air is getting sucked into the fuel circuit.

Rusted out beat down 300d turbo 82' -- RIP
Nice body, tons of ridiculous mechanical issues - 300d turbo 82' /motor 85'

Pinchers
Naturally-aspirated

07-16-2013, 01:23 PM #7
Druk im in Glasgow, is it the complete set of clear lines you have
Pinchers
07-16-2013, 01:23 PM #7

Druk im in Glasgow, is it the complete set of clear lines you have

Druk
Holset

07-17-2013, 03:18 AM #8
No, I've got three but still in Merc bags.
Druk
07-17-2013, 03:18 AM #8

No, I've got three but still in Merc bags.

Pinchers
Naturally-aspirated

07-25-2013, 03:44 PM #9
let me know how much you want for them
Pinchers
07-25-2013, 03:44 PM #9

let me know how much you want for them

Druk
Holset

07-25-2013, 05:25 PM #10
Nothing, as i said, they're a freebie, but you'll have to wait as i'm presently in Devon for a couple of weeks hols. Did you not get my email?

Derek.
Druk
07-25-2013, 05:25 PM #10

Nothing, as i said, they're a freebie, but you'll have to wait as i'm presently in Devon for a couple of weeks hols. Did you not get my email?

Derek.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average