STD Tuning Engine W 124 CE to turbodiesel

W 124 CE to turbodiesel

W 124 CE to turbodiesel

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

barrote
Superturbo

06-28-2013, 09:20 AM #1
hello fine people,
I´m the lucky owner of a w124 coupe , 220CE , with the craziest idea of droping a 605.962/1 inside, friend of mine will help me to maintain the electronics and swap the ECU for the diesel version.

The engine inside now is a M111, and my question for u people is : does the manual gearbox attached to this M111 suit the 605 engine?

thanks in advance , it will help me a lot know it in advance instead of dicover it by miself.

FD.

FD,
Powered by tractor fuel
barrote
06-28-2013, 09:20 AM #1

hello fine people,
I´m the lucky owner of a w124 coupe , 220CE , with the craziest idea of droping a 605.962/1 inside, friend of mine will help me to maintain the electronics and swap the ECU for the diesel version.

The engine inside now is a M111, and my question for u people is : does the manual gearbox attached to this M111 suit the 605 engine?

thanks in advance , it will help me a lot know it in advance instead of dicover it by miself.

FD.

FD,
Powered by tractor fuel

erling66
SuperDieselVan

06-28-2013, 11:00 AM #2
The gearbox will bolt on to the 605. The difficult thing will be to use the electronic pump. That is why most(maybe everyone?) use a mechanical fuel pump from a 602. You have room enough for a 606.962 if you want even more powerBig Grin

HuhCoolTongue
erling66
06-28-2013, 11:00 AM #2

The gearbox will bolt on to the 605. The difficult thing will be to use the electronic pump. That is why most(maybe everyone?) use a mechanical fuel pump from a 602. You have room enough for a 606.962 if you want even more powerBig Grin

HuhCoolTongue

barrote
Superturbo

06-29-2013, 04:54 AM #3
hy , there
well this 606 coulb be a pretty fine idea, by the way i know someone wich can sell me one complete by 700€Smile complete engine.
the problema is that i still have to legalize the car after the swap. so i guess a 5 cyl around 200hp should be fine.
a friend of mine can remap this ECU pretty fine as long as they are siemens. and he always say that we can maintain the electronics, and run the pump and all systems in the car.
by the way u have any idea about 606 fuel consuption? this days that mattersSmile

FD,
Powered by tractor fuel
barrote
06-29-2013, 04:54 AM #3

hy , there
well this 606 coulb be a pretty fine idea, by the way i know someone wich can sell me one complete by 700€Smile complete engine.
the problema is that i still have to legalize the car after the swap. so i guess a 5 cyl around 200hp should be fine.
a friend of mine can remap this ECU pretty fine as long as they are siemens. and he always say that we can maintain the electronics, and run the pump and all systems in the car.
by the way u have any idea about 606 fuel consuption? this days that mattersSmile

FD,
Powered by tractor fuel

Alastair E
Moderator?--Nah...

06-30-2013, 01:15 PM #4
I know of no-one who has transferred a Electronic 605 or 606 Engine into any vehicle--And retained the Electronic Pump and original ECU.

The Engine ECU will not run without ALL the other electronic systems that the Donor car has connected and functioning. These include ABS, Transmission, Body electronics (SRS, ARB etc), Dashboard etc etc.

--This is why ALL the usual conversions use MECHANICAL pumps from earlier engines.

BTW--The ECU's running OM.605/6 from W210 are BOSCH, Not Siemens.

[Image: 300TDnoplate.jpg]
Alastair E
06-30-2013, 01:15 PM #4

I know of no-one who has transferred a Electronic 605 or 606 Engine into any vehicle--And retained the Electronic Pump and original ECU.

The Engine ECU will not run without ALL the other electronic systems that the Donor car has connected and functioning. These include ABS, Transmission, Body electronics (SRS, ARB etc), Dashboard etc etc.

--This is why ALL the usual conversions use MECHANICAL pumps from earlier engines.

[Image: 300TDnoplate.jpg]

bruno_pinho
GT2256V

06-30-2013, 01:45 PM #5
Boas

Forca com isso,eu consegui bem mais que 200cv no meu om605 com bomba eletrica...
This post was last modified: 06-30-2013, 05:25 PM by bruno_pinho.
bruno_pinho
06-30-2013, 01:45 PM #5

Boas

Forca com isso,eu consegui bem mais que 200cv no meu om605 com bomba eletrica...

mantahead
Holset

06-30-2013, 04:54 PM #6
(06-30-2013, 01:15 PM)Alastair E I know of no-one who has transferred a Electronic 605 or 606 Engine into any vehicle--And retained the Electronic Pump and original ECU.

hi,
i run the c250 om605 on electronic 7.5mm pump with abs ecu disconnected and airbag ecu disconnected.
its more to do with key and immobilser.
as long as key and transponder where used it could be done.
mantahead
06-30-2013, 04:54 PM #6

(06-30-2013, 01:15 PM)Alastair E I know of no-one who has transferred a Electronic 605 or 606 Engine into any vehicle--And retained the Electronic Pump and original ECU.

hi,
i run the c250 om605 on electronic 7.5mm pump with abs ecu disconnected and airbag ecu disconnected.
its more to do with key and immobilser.
as long as key and transponder where used it could be done.

barrote
Superturbo

07-01-2013, 05:01 AM #7
well, i´m not sure how i´m i gona plug it. ECU siemens or bosch does matter litle, except that "we" can fool the siemens one.
this veicle the 220CE , got all the wiring , ECU, ABS computer all thats needed to go for the ECU diesel. of course maybe i got to fix some wiring for mass flow probe and if we want, intercooler pressure etc. or maybe i just go for the mechanical pump. wich seems a better doing to me.
i will have u people imformed about the progres.

camarada bruno pinho pm , gostava de partilhar umas ideas consigo.

Mantahead , where can i find some 7.5/ 8 elements , reliable of course.

thanks to all
F D

FD,