STD Tuning Engine Alda 606 Conversion Kit

Alda 606 Conversion Kit

Alda 606 Conversion Kit

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

zeeman
Holset

06-25-2013, 05:21 PM #1
How does one buy one of Dieselmekens Alda conversions for the 606 pump in the states?
zeeman
06-25-2013, 05:21 PM #1

How does one buy one of Dieselmekens Alda conversions for the 606 pump in the states?

Druk
Holset

06-25-2013, 05:36 PM #2
PM Dieselmeken on here. He posts out and they're quite easy to fit your self. You then need the pump set up by a shop.
This post was last modified: 06-25-2013, 05:37 PM by Druk.
Druk
06-25-2013, 05:36 PM #2

PM Dieselmeken on here. He posts out and they're quite easy to fit your self. You then need the pump set up by a shop.

tjts1
GT2256V

06-25-2013, 10:07 PM #3
What does the alda conversion do?

[Image: 208104.png]
tjts1
06-25-2013, 10:07 PM #3

What does the alda conversion do?

[Image: 208104.png]

zeeman
Holset

06-25-2013, 11:05 PM #4
(06-25-2013, 10:07 PM)tjts1 What does the alda conversion do?

From what I understand when installing the 6.0 elements from the 606 electronic pump into the 603 mechanical pump, the Alda upgrade is required for proper fueling. Correct me if I am wrong.
zeeman
06-25-2013, 11:05 PM #4

(06-25-2013, 10:07 PM)tjts1 What does the alda conversion do?

From what I understand when installing the 6.0 elements from the 606 electronic pump into the 603 mechanical pump, the Alda upgrade is required for proper fueling. Correct me if I am wrong.

willbhere4u
Six in a row make her go!

06-26-2013, 10:39 AM #5
It limits smoke at idle

1987 300SDL 6spd manual om606.962 swap project
1985 300td euro 5spd wagon running
willbhere4u
06-26-2013, 10:39 AM #5

It limits smoke at idle

1987 300SDL 6spd manual om606.962 swap project
1985 300td euro 5spd wagon running

Mark_M
GT2559V

06-26-2013, 11:01 AM #6
You only need it if your pump doesn't already have one I.E it isn't a turbo pump.

It limits smoke/fuel off boost whether you're on the throttle or not.
Mark_M
06-26-2013, 11:01 AM #6

You only need it if your pump doesn't already have one I.E it isn't a turbo pump.

zeeman
Holset

06-26-2013, 05:34 PM #7
(06-26-2013, 11:01 AM)Mark_M You only need it if your pump doesn't already have one I.E it isn't a turbo pump.

I was under the understanding that Alda conversion was required on the 603 pump when installed with the 6mm. elements for proper fueling. Maybe Dieselmeken can comment on this.
zeeman
06-26-2013, 05:34 PM #7

(06-26-2013, 11:01 AM)Mark_M You only need it if your pump doesn't already have one I.E it isn't a turbo pump.

I was under the understanding that Alda conversion was required on the 603 pump when installed with the 6mm. elements for proper fueling. Maybe Dieselmeken can comment on this.

Mark_M
GT2559V

06-26-2013, 05:57 PM #8
Turbo pumps already have an ALDA on them NA pumps don't so having the kit gives you options, you can use either pump and can adapt it accordingly. Dieselmekens kit is probably more/easier adjusted as well. It doesn't matter if you have 5.5mm 6mm or 8mm elements its purpose is to hold back fuel until boost is present.
Mark_M
06-26-2013, 05:57 PM #8

Turbo pumps already have an ALDA on them NA pumps don't so having the kit gives you options, you can use either pump and can adapt it accordingly. Dieselmekens kit is probably more/easier adjusted as well. It doesn't matter if you have 5.5mm 6mm or 8mm elements its purpose is to hold back fuel until boost is present.

zeeman
Holset

06-26-2013, 06:46 PM #9
(06-26-2013, 05:57 PM)Mark_M Turbo pumps already have an ALDA on them NA pumps don't so having the kit gives you options, you can use either pump and can adapt it accordingly. Dieselmekens kit is probably more/easier adjusted as well. It doesn't matter if you have 5.5mm 6mm or 8mm elements its purpose is to hold back fuel until boost is present.

Is there any advantage to either pump? I have a non turbo and turbo pump I can use. Is there also a benefit to a pressure turbo actuator compaired to a vacuum, especially when using the Alda conversion kit?
Thanks for all the information.
zeeman
06-26-2013, 06:46 PM #9

(06-26-2013, 05:57 PM)Mark_M Turbo pumps already have an ALDA on them NA pumps don't so having the kit gives you options, you can use either pump and can adapt it accordingly. Dieselmekens kit is probably more/easier adjusted as well. It doesn't matter if you have 5.5mm 6mm or 8mm elements its purpose is to hold back fuel until boost is present.

Is there any advantage to either pump? I have a non turbo and turbo pump I can use. Is there also a benefit to a pressure turbo actuator compaired to a vacuum, especially when using the Alda conversion kit?
Thanks for all the information.

Mark_M
GT2559V

06-27-2013, 10:52 AM #10
No idea if there is any advantage other than you don't have to buy the ALDA conversion.

Not sure what you mean about the pressure of Vacuum actuator. Do you mean the waste gate actuator? If so you can't use the vacuum one without some sort of controller where the pressure one you just hook into the pressure side of the turbo somewhere. If that isn't what you meant can you explain a bit more what you mean?
Mark_M
06-27-2013, 10:52 AM #10

No idea if there is any advantage other than you don't have to buy the ALDA conversion.

Not sure what you mean about the pressure of Vacuum actuator. Do you mean the waste gate actuator? If so you can't use the vacuum one without some sort of controller where the pressure one you just hook into the pressure side of the turbo somewhere. If that isn't what you meant can you explain a bit more what you mean?

zeeman
Holset

06-27-2013, 03:14 PM #11
(06-27-2013, 10:52 AM)Mark_M No idea if there is any advantage other than you don't have to buy the ALDA conversion.

Yes it was the turbo actuator I was talking about. Thanks.
zeeman
06-27-2013, 03:14 PM #11

(06-27-2013, 10:52 AM)Mark_M No idea if there is any advantage other than you don't have to buy the ALDA conversion.

Yes it was the turbo actuator I was talking about. Thanks.

barrote
Superturbo

06-28-2013, 09:13 AM #12
hy there ,
use a Spring to get the waste gate closed , if u want to restrict back pressure play with springs, use 2/ 3 / 4 or find one with the force u need. in mine i dont pay attention to boost the more the better.
Smile
take care

FD,
Powered by tractor fuel
barrote
06-28-2013, 09:13 AM #12

hy there ,
use a Spring to get the waste gate closed , if u want to restrict back pressure play with springs, use 2/ 3 / 4 or find one with the force u need. in mine i dont pay attention to boost the more the better.
Smile
take care

FD,
Powered by tractor fuel

zeeman
Holset

07-05-2013, 08:25 PM #13
What I am trying to accomplish is running a stock 98-99 606 with a 603 I.P. pump with the 6mm. elements from the 606 pump to eliminate the electronics. Is it neccessary to use the Alda conversion?
I have a RS 156 non turbo pump I can use or A RS 157 turbo pump. Is there anything wrong with using the RS156 pump as long as I use the Alda conversion.
The turbo pump Alda would work with manifold pressure and the wastegate would be converted to a pressure actuator. Am on on track so far?
This post was last modified: 07-05-2013, 08:36 PM by zeeman.
zeeman
07-05-2013, 08:25 PM #13

What I am trying to accomplish is running a stock 98-99 606 with a 603 I.P. pump with the 6mm. elements from the 606 pump to eliminate the electronics. Is it neccessary to use the Alda conversion?
I have a RS 156 non turbo pump I can use or A RS 157 turbo pump. Is there anything wrong with using the RS156 pump as long as I use the Alda conversion.
The turbo pump Alda would work with manifold pressure and the wastegate would be converted to a pressure actuator. Am on on track so far?

barrote
Superturbo

07-06-2013, 05:24 AM #14
ALDA , is a rack restrictor, limits full load ( tq control) until boost is present to avoid black smoke , (black smoke means too much fuel).
some alda assembly can be fitted to the governors, that will depend on wich type of governor u got. If both pumps share same governor it should be viable to change the alda assy to the one u want.
For intance i made a conversion of a 605 N/A to Turbo and maintained the same pump, with the ARA/ada unit, works well. got no waste gate actuator. just put a Spring to get it closed and it will open when exaust pressure overcomes the Spring force.
well i dont have the max load for the moment but that is another issue.
regards
FD

FD,
Powered by tractor fuel
barrote
07-06-2013, 05:24 AM #14

ALDA , is a rack restrictor, limits full load ( tq control) until boost is present to avoid black smoke , (black smoke means too much fuel).
some alda assembly can be fitted to the governors, that will depend on wich type of governor u got. If both pumps share same governor it should be viable to change the alda assy to the one u want.
For intance i made a conversion of a 605 N/A to Turbo and maintained the same pump, with the ARA/ada unit, works well. got no waste gate actuator. just put a Spring to get it closed and it will open when exaust pressure overcomes the Spring force.
well i dont have the max load for the moment but that is another issue.
regards
FD

FD,
Powered by tractor fuel

zeeman
Holset

08-20-2013, 11:36 PM #15
Received Alda kit from Dieselmeken, I had asked if there were any instructions for setting it up. I never received an answer. Does anyone know if there is a starting point to set up the Alda kit or is it a trial and error driving the car? I have a local injection pump rebuilder that can do the bench work.
zeeman
08-20-2013, 11:36 PM #15

Received Alda kit from Dieselmeken, I had asked if there were any instructions for setting it up. I never received an answer. Does anyone know if there is a starting point to set up the Alda kit or is it a trial and error driving the car? I have a local injection pump rebuilder that can do the bench work.

Duncansport
Holset

08-21-2013, 09:25 AM #16
(08-20-2013, 11:36 PM)zeeman Received Alda kit from Dieselmeken, I had asked if there were any instructions for setting it up. I never received an answer. Does anyone know if there is a starting point to set up the Alda kit or is it a trial and error driving the car? I have a local injection pump rebuilder that can do the bench work.

Mine is set so that the lever is depressed about 9mm down. Its easy to adjust via trial and error. Adjust it so there is some smoke when revving it up in neutral.
Duncansport
08-21-2013, 09:25 AM #16

(08-20-2013, 11:36 PM)zeeman Received Alda kit from Dieselmeken, I had asked if there were any instructions for setting it up. I never received an answer. Does anyone know if there is a starting point to set up the Alda kit or is it a trial and error driving the car? I have a local injection pump rebuilder that can do the bench work.

Mine is set so that the lever is depressed about 9mm down. Its easy to adjust via trial and error. Adjust it so there is some smoke when revving it up in neutral.

dieselmeken
Holset

08-21-2013, 11:38 AM #17

I dont have any manuals, people who buy these parts usually have the knowledge and understand how it works and what the ALDA does to the pump.
There is some videos that show how it is mounted and works on my youtube channel if it helps you.
Serch for dieselmeken at youtube.
dieselmeken
08-21-2013, 11:38 AM #17

I dont have any manuals, people who buy these parts usually have the knowledge and understand how it works and what the ALDA does to the pump.
There is some videos that show how it is mounted and works on my youtube channel if it helps you.

zeeman
Holset

08-21-2013, 02:52 PM #18
(08-21-2013, 11:38 AM)dieselmeken

I understand how it works, I just though there was a starting point to adjust it to and then refine it. I see it is just trial and error, thanks for the info. Very nice quality kit.
zeeman
08-21-2013, 02:52 PM #18

(08-21-2013, 11:38 AM)dieselmeken

I understand how it works, I just though there was a starting point to adjust it to and then refine it. I see it is just trial and error, thanks for the info. Very nice quality kit.

Cadin
Naturally-aspirated

08-30-2013, 03:56 AM #19
Correct me if I am wrong, but I though the ALDA had multiple functions.

1. To limit smoke on WOT take-off for smog reasons.
2. To increase fuel delivery by using intake manifold pressure to adjust flow in proportion to boost.
3. To prevent over-fueling in an over-boost condition, switch on intake sees overboost= Vacuum solenoid closes and fuel is issued at the Non-Turbo flow rate.

With new elements the "curve" of the added fuel in response to boost would need to be increased as well, and this is where an ALDA conversion comes in, to increase it's elements in proportion to the IP elements.

(Anyone feel free to pipe in if I have totally confounded the system!)
Cadin
08-30-2013, 03:56 AM #19

Correct me if I am wrong, but I though the ALDA had multiple functions.

1. To limit smoke on WOT take-off for smog reasons.
2. To increase fuel delivery by using intake manifold pressure to adjust flow in proportion to boost.
3. To prevent over-fueling in an over-boost condition, switch on intake sees overboost= Vacuum solenoid closes and fuel is issued at the Non-Turbo flow rate.

With new elements the "curve" of the added fuel in response to boost would need to be increased as well, and this is where an ALDA conversion comes in, to increase it's elements in proportion to the IP elements.

(Anyone feel free to pipe in if I have totally confounded the system!)

Mark_M
GT2559V

08-30-2013, 06:27 AM #20
As far as I am concerned the Alda only limits fuel (rack travel) while the engine is out of boost. As boost rises the Alda starts to let more fuel get delivered. Basically its there to stop black smoke at low revs high throttle. Dieselmeken's system is slightly different in that it has a stop that could be used to limit max fuel but it isn't a function of the Alda/pressure actuator itself.
Mark_M
08-30-2013, 06:27 AM #20

As far as I am concerned the Alda only limits fuel (rack travel) while the engine is out of boost. As boost rises the Alda starts to let more fuel get delivered. Basically its there to stop black smoke at low revs high throttle. Dieselmeken's system is slightly different in that it has a stop that could be used to limit max fuel but it isn't a function of the Alda/pressure actuator itself.

Hario'
C300TD Wagon (W202)

09-29-2013, 08:35 AM #21
As above.
Consider the ALDA to give two fuel settings: off boost, and on boost.

So the throttle position actuated rack has two ranges of fuelling, one when there is no boost, (Alda actuator in rest position).
And one when there is boost in the manifold: the pressure moves the Alda actuator arm, thus pump lever into the more fuelling position.

It is not and should not be considered a fuel metering device, more an on boost and off boost fuelling range switch.

I hope that is not complete garble.. Lol
This post was last modified: 09-29-2013, 04:24 PM by Hario'.

Installed:

OM606/722.6, big IC, W220 brakes.
Planned:
DIY manifold, compound, 722.6 controller, built IP.
[i]Less rust.. 
[/i]
Hario'
09-29-2013, 08:35 AM #21

As above.
Consider the ALDA to give two fuel settings: off boost, and on boost.

So the throttle position actuated rack has two ranges of fuelling, one when there is no boost, (Alda actuator in rest position).
And one when there is boost in the manifold: the pressure moves the Alda actuator arm, thus pump lever into the more fuelling position.

It is not and should not be considered a fuel metering device, more an on boost and off boost fuelling range switch.

I hope that is not complete garble.. Lol

Installed:

OM606/722.6, big IC, W220 brakes.
Planned:
DIY manifold, compound, 722.6 controller, built IP.
[i]Less rust.. 
[/i]

barrote
Superturbo

09-29-2013, 02:30 PM #22
not all , u´r in the way , engine load fine people , alda controls engine load thats the basic funcion. electronic pumps got no alda, they have mass flow meter and boost presure, T0 and P0.
diesels got no rich or lean mixtures. diesels got to work lean, mainly due to fuel consuption. power will come with rich or very rich, well for power and fuel consuption , lets say just before black smoke, and how can we do that in all eng rev curve. will eng load control(governor). alda is just one part of it.
with no alda we got same power, sometimes black smoke other not so black.
regards
FD

FD,