STD Other Projects E300TD daily drive

E300TD daily drive

E300TD daily drive

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pinchers
Naturally-aspirated

04-09-2013, 03:54 PM #1
I picked up a cheap E300TD with the 606.9622 and 5 speed auto. The interior and engine is very clean. The paint work has chips which have rusted all over and the rear wheel arches are bubbled and flaking. Im going to have a go at treating the rust and painting to see how it turns out. The underside is clean with no visible rust.

Im thinking about a satin black paint job with powder coated wheels.

Only problem on the interior is the steering wheel leather has flaked and the steering wheel has gone soft. any ideas or cheap swaps I can do?

For the engine I want more power. im going to put in a bigger turbo and swap the elements in the electronic pump with 7mm, I saw that mantahead got some decent results from a diy job which I would be very happy with. what problems could I pick up from the turbo and element swap?, is it a plug and play or am I going to be chasing other problems after the change.

Also is there any links to diy element changes. and what happens with the waste gate control when I change the turbo for a larger one

I will get some pics up this weekend when I start going over the car.
Pinchers
04-09-2013, 03:54 PM #1

I picked up a cheap E300TD with the 606.9622 and 5 speed auto. The interior and engine is very clean. The paint work has chips which have rusted all over and the rear wheel arches are bubbled and flaking. Im going to have a go at treating the rust and painting to see how it turns out. The underside is clean with no visible rust.

Im thinking about a satin black paint job with powder coated wheels.

Only problem on the interior is the steering wheel leather has flaked and the steering wheel has gone soft. any ideas or cheap swaps I can do?

For the engine I want more power. im going to put in a bigger turbo and swap the elements in the electronic pump with 7mm, I saw that mantahead got some decent results from a diy job which I would be very happy with. what problems could I pick up from the turbo and element swap?, is it a plug and play or am I going to be chasing other problems after the change.

Also is there any links to diy element changes. and what happens with the waste gate control when I change the turbo for a larger one

I will get some pics up this weekend when I start going over the car.

Druk
Holset

04-09-2013, 04:33 PM #2
Have you checked closely the front spring perches? Common for them to rust and part company from the body and then the front end collapses.
Druk
04-09-2013, 04:33 PM #2

Have you checked closely the front spring perches? Common for them to rust and part company from the body and then the front end collapses.

Pinchers
Naturally-aspirated

04-13-2013, 06:56 PM #3
Ok well had a look over the car, apart from shot tie rod ends, rattling cat and rusty arches all seems ok for now. spring perches seem solid, one looks like its had a weld repair. I just need some bigger elements to start playing with the pump, how do I get hold of Tomnik to get some ordered up.
Pinchers
04-13-2013, 06:56 PM #3

Ok well had a look over the car, apart from shot tie rod ends, rattling cat and rusty arches all seems ok for now. spring perches seem solid, one looks like its had a weld repair. I just need some bigger elements to start playing with the pump, how do I get hold of Tomnik to get some ordered up.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average