STD Tuning Drivetrain ID, trans number/model help ?

ID, trans number/model help ?

ID, trans number/model help ?

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

lpumb3
617 300sd

03-20-2013, 10:58 AM #1
Thanks all , and i hope im not posting a stupid question .
i cant seem to find any 722 relative numbers on my transmission.
im tryind to id my trans for ordering parts , other than it came from a 1983 300td wagon/123.
the plate on the side of the trans reads TeilNR 123-270-5901
AggregatNR 188272
the casting in the body reads 126-271-1501 Alu
im sorry but i have no idea , as im reading the forums what trans is being discussed , based on the numbers . i can only assume by year and motor . i dont like to assume when it comes to ordering parts.

the trans came out of a runner but i wanna refresh it with a new/reman TQ , front pump seal , tale , basically every thing a can do without special tools. Also any recommendations would be awesome . i would love to rebuild it but it seems like ill need mad $ for tools lol .
thanks again to STD and its members
lpumb3
03-20-2013, 10:58 AM #1

Thanks all , and i hope im not posting a stupid question .
i cant seem to find any 722 relative numbers on my transmission.
im tryind to id my trans for ordering parts , other than it came from a 1983 300td wagon/123.
the plate on the side of the trans reads TeilNR 123-270-5901
AggregatNR 188272
the casting in the body reads 126-271-1501 Alu
im sorry but i have no idea , as im reading the forums what trans is being discussed , based on the numbers . i can only assume by year and motor . i dont like to assume when it comes to ordering parts.

the trans came out of a runner but i wanna refresh it with a new/reman TQ , front pump seal , tale , basically every thing a can do without special tools. Also any recommendations would be awesome . i would love to rebuild it but it seems like ill need mad $ for tools lol .
thanks again to STD and its members

Simpler=Better
PORTED HEAD

03-20-2013, 12:55 PM #2
They don't require that many special tools. User "Army" aka "Stretch" over on peachparts has a great writeup of taking one apart in his garage.

Any reason to replace the torque converter?

I'd just do the pistons and a shift kit. There are details on the shift kit over on PP as well.

Newbie-read this: Cheap Tricks
617.952-220k-Getting built up
larsalan I guess I need to look at this stupid ass drip shit. What you have to like mess with those elements on the pump? What a fucking hassle. then use some wire to hold the throttle open or some shit?
Simpler=Better
03-20-2013, 12:55 PM #2

They don't require that many special tools. User "Army" aka "Stretch" over on peachparts has a great writeup of taking one apart in his garage.

Any reason to replace the torque converter?

I'd just do the pistons and a shift kit. There are details on the shift kit over on PP as well.

Newbie-read this: Cheap Tricks
617.952-220k-Getting built up
larsalan I guess I need to look at this stupid ass drip shit. What you have to like mess with those elements on the pump? What a fucking hassle. then use some wire to hold the throttle open or some shit?

Druk
Holset

03-20-2013, 01:03 PM #3
The number might be stamped into the sump mounting flange on the right side.
Druk
03-20-2013, 01:03 PM #3

The number might be stamped into the sump mounting flange on the right side.

lpumb3
617 300sd

03-20-2013, 10:11 PM #4
Thanks guys , ill look up the thread on pp . Id like to do as much as i can budget permitted.
I wanted to do the tq because it seems theres a bit much as far as play in there. But i have zero exp with benzes. But from my days back in remove/replace trans shop. It seems sloppy compared to a fresh one. Alit of times the builder would say just needed a converter ,a pump and valve body .
I looked on the side along the sump flange , it looks lik it has been ground off. I can see a faint half impression of a letter. F#=/+ kidding me right . So im screwed there. Ill google the sets i havr and see what comes up.
This post was last modified: 03-22-2013, 08:10 AM by lpumb3.
lpumb3
03-20-2013, 10:11 PM #4

Thanks guys , ill look up the thread on pp . Id like to do as much as i can budget permitted.
I wanted to do the tq because it seems theres a bit much as far as play in there. But i have zero exp with benzes. But from my days back in remove/replace trans shop. It seems sloppy compared to a fresh one. Alit of times the builder would say just needed a converter ,a pump and valve body .
I looked on the side along the sump flange , it looks lik it has been ground off. I can see a faint half impression of a letter. F#=/+ kidding me right . So im screwed there. Ill google the sets i havr and see what comes up.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average