STD Other Open life change

life change

life change

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Purplecomputer
Slowness 220D

03-13-2013, 02:28 PM #1
Hey guys,

so i recently put in my two weeks at my job.

I am taking a new life path. i will be running my own small IT company. mostly managing home users with problems and I have a few small business that i take care of their POS systems and small networks such as servers and what not. I still live at home and go to school part time so the money i make from this is more then enough to meet my currents needs

I should have more free time on my hands but i probably wont have as much money.

I might get back into the Mercedes for a bit but not sure what kind of work I can do with limited funds.

I do have a car payment every month for $300 dollars so i also have that to keep in mind if I ever needed parts.

I should also have more time to develop my arduino based controllers for the Mercedes ( no promises there)
Purplecomputer
03-13-2013, 02:28 PM #1

Hey guys,

so i recently put in my two weeks at my job.

I am taking a new life path. i will be running my own small IT company. mostly managing home users with problems and I have a few small business that i take care of their POS systems and small networks such as servers and what not. I still live at home and go to school part time so the money i make from this is more then enough to meet my currents needs

I should have more free time on my hands but i probably wont have as much money.

I might get back into the Mercedes for a bit but not sure what kind of work I can do with limited funds.

I do have a car payment every month for $300 dollars so i also have that to keep in mind if I ever needed parts.

I should also have more time to develop my arduino based controllers for the Mercedes ( no promises there)

lgreeley83
Mr. Rumbles

03-13-2013, 02:41 PM #2
Eeww car payments.

ooh and congrats and good luck.
This post was last modified: 03-13-2013, 02:42 PM by lgreeley83.

" straighten up that star on the grill, assholes."

lgreeley83
03-13-2013, 02:41 PM #2

Eeww car payments.

ooh and congrats and good luck.

" straighten up that star on the grill, assholes."

Simpler=Better
PORTED HEAD

03-13-2013, 02:50 PM #3
*phew* I thought you knocked her up!

Sounds like a plan. If you can run your own service, do it. Private workers are always better than the greek squad

Newbie-read this: Cheap Tricks
617.952-220k-Getting built up
larsalan I guess I need to look at this stupid ass drip shit. What you have to like mess with those elements on the pump? What a fucking hassle. then use some wire to hold the throttle open or some shit?
Simpler=Better
03-13-2013, 02:50 PM #3

*phew* I thought you knocked her up!

Sounds like a plan. If you can run your own service, do it. Private workers are always better than the greek squad

larsalan I guess I need to look at this stupid ass drip shit. What you have to like mess with those elements on the pump? What a fucking hassle. then use some wire to hold the throttle open or some shit?

JB3
Superturbo

03-14-2013, 04:41 PM #4
even if you make less money, there is nothing quite like not working for other people. Good luck! awesome development.

The big problem though is that you get so used to working for yourself after a period of focus discipline problems (at least for me, watched all of game of thrones in about 2 days while supposedly working on quote for a big job), that you never want to work for anyone else ever again. Big Grin

1974 240D 617 turbo swap, W201 5-speed, in the works project
1983 240D 616 stock, DD
1989 Chevy Astro, 617 turbo swap, T5 5-speed, 4.56 diff, work van

JB3
03-14-2013, 04:41 PM #4

even if you make less money, there is nothing quite like not working for other people. Good luck! awesome development.

The big problem though is that you get so used to working for yourself after a period of focus discipline problems (at least for me, watched all of game of thrones in about 2 days while supposedly working on quote for a big job), that you never want to work for anyone else ever again. Big Grin

1974 240D 617 turbo swap, W201 5-speed, in the works project
1983 240D 616 stock, DD
1989 Chevy Astro, 617 turbo swap, T5 5-speed, 4.56 diff, work van

majesty78
GT2559V

03-15-2013, 04:18 AM #5
I took that step of founding my own business in march 2012 and quit my employment in june 2012.
It is always a big risk and some things won't come true the way you may expect.

I thought I would have more spare time for my own when I don't have to run my employer's work plus my own business parallel, but in the end it turned out that I work way more with just my own business than before, having almost no more spare time for my own.

At the same time I earn (pay myself) way less than before, I had about 3.000€ every month from my employment, plus a little income from my parallel business.

Now I pay myself 1.000€ every month also to aid the future development of my own company, I have no more 5 weeks fixed holidays a year, no fixed weekend free time, have to pay my insurance and retirement funds myself and so on.

Sure, all this is done in sight of developing an solid and successful company for the future, but the way until you reach that is not easy or always funny.
If I would get really ill or for some other reason I can not do my work, this has 1:1 negative effects on monthly turnover and profit.

The big benefits are for sure that you work for yourself and your own company's success, you don't have a boss who you have to report to and nobody complains when you get up half an hour later in the morning.

The best hint I can give you:

Don't start a business based on bank credits, try to avoid this or you will quickly find yourself working for the credit institute.
Only spend money which you really have cash, no matter if used for private or for your company's inventory.

This way you stay independent and will sleep better due to not having the pressure that you "have to" make a certain minimum amount of profit to make the credit institute happy.

All the best :-)

Regards

Alex
This post was last modified: 03-15-2013, 04:22 AM by majesty78.

Mercedes Benz W210 E-Class 320CDI, lowered 2.5", 18" AMG wheels, Decat, EGR removed, Tumble flaps removed, C30 AMG injectors, 400kpa MAP, Custom GT2566XTV turbo, SW tweaked to 300+hp/750NmBig Grin
majesty78
03-15-2013, 04:18 AM #5

I took that step of founding my own business in march 2012 and quit my employment in june 2012.
It is always a big risk and some things won't come true the way you may expect.

I thought I would have more spare time for my own when I don't have to run my employer's work plus my own business parallel, but in the end it turned out that I work way more with just my own business than before, having almost no more spare time for my own.

At the same time I earn (pay myself) way less than before, I had about 3.000€ every month from my employment, plus a little income from my parallel business.

Now I pay myself 1.000€ every month also to aid the future development of my own company, I have no more 5 weeks fixed holidays a year, no fixed weekend free time, have to pay my insurance and retirement funds myself and so on.

Sure, all this is done in sight of developing an solid and successful company for the future, but the way until you reach that is not easy or always funny.
If I would get really ill or for some other reason I can not do my work, this has 1:1 negative effects on monthly turnover and profit.

The big benefits are for sure that you work for yourself and your own company's success, you don't have a boss who you have to report to and nobody complains when you get up half an hour later in the morning.

The best hint I can give you:

Don't start a business based on bank credits, try to avoid this or you will quickly find yourself working for the credit institute.
Only spend money which you really have cash, no matter if used for private or for your company's inventory.

This way you stay independent and will sleep better due to not having the pressure that you "have to" make a certain minimum amount of profit to make the credit institute happy.

All the best :-)

Regards

Alex

Mercedes Benz W210 E-Class 320CDI, lowered 2.5", 18" AMG wheels, Decat, EGR removed, Tumble flaps removed, C30 AMG injectors, 400kpa MAP, Custom GT2566XTV turbo, SW tweaked to 300+hp/750NmBig Grin

Simpler=Better
PORTED HEAD

03-15-2013, 06:19 AM #6
Because of your age I'm assuming you still live at home-that's a huge helper when it comes to starting your own business. If things go rough one month, you still have a place to live. Makes getting the business up & running much easier.

Simpler=Better
03-15-2013, 06:19 AM #6

Because of your age I'm assuming you still live at home-that's a huge helper when it comes to starting your own business. If things go rough one month, you still have a place to live. Makes getting the business up & running much easier.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average