STD Other Open Dash cams & traffic violations

Dash cams & traffic violations

Dash cams & traffic violations

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Simpler=Better
PORTED HEAD

03-12-2013, 01:14 PM #1
So let's say hypothetically you had nice high res video from a dash cam of people committing traffic violations. Like, cutting people off without signaling, running red lights, passing on the shoulder, etc.

If someone was to submit those blood pressure raising clips to the 5-0 would they do anything about it?

Newbie-read this: Cheap Tricks
617.952-220k-Getting built up
larsalan I guess I need to look at this stupid ass drip shit. What you have to like mess with those elements on the pump? What a fucking hassle. then use some wire to hold the throttle open or some shit?
Simpler=Better
03-12-2013, 01:14 PM #1

So let's say hypothetically you had nice high res video from a dash cam of people committing traffic violations. Like, cutting people off without signaling, running red lights, passing on the shoulder, etc.

If someone was to submit those blood pressure raising clips to the 5-0 would they do anything about it?

larsalan I guess I need to look at this stupid ass drip shit. What you have to like mess with those elements on the pump? What a fucking hassle. then use some wire to hold the throttle open or some shit?

CRD4x4
CompoundSuperTurboDiesel4x4!

03-12-2013, 01:29 PM #2
I had the same thoughts when we moved into the city and I drove down MLK twice a day during rush hour(s). I had to continue my commute south on 95 towards the capital beltway.
Your solution is to change your commute! I've had several road ragers and vagrants try to get into my car! This is why my copilot was Mr Mossberg for a while!
I don't think the 5-0 will care. You'd have to do all the leg work and then, for what?
You'd get the most attention if you add them to your youtube page and let something go viral.
Russian's have been using dashcams for years to fight insurance fraud. Theres some great videos of people staging accidents out there.
P.s. have you watched "Stop Snitchin", filmed where you call home? Be prepared for retribution. [/align]
(03-12-2013, 01:14 PM)Simpler=Better So let's say hypothetically you had nice high res video from a dash cam of people committing traffic violations. Like, cutting people off without signaling, running red lights, passing on the shoulder, etc.

'05 Jeep Liberty CRD - 160k
'06.5 VW Jetta TDI - 230k
'82 MB 300TD - 116k (motor going to raysorenson)
'81 MB 300TD - 195k (parting out)
'71 Jeep DJ5 - diesel conversion project
CRD4x4
03-12-2013, 01:29 PM #2

I had the same thoughts when we moved into the city and I drove down MLK twice a day during rush hour(s). I had to continue my commute south on 95 towards the capital beltway.
Your solution is to change your commute! I've had several road ragers and vagrants try to get into my car! This is why my copilot was Mr Mossberg for a while!
I don't think the 5-0 will care. You'd have to do all the leg work and then, for what?
You'd get the most attention if you add them to your youtube page and let something go viral.
Russian's have been using dashcams for years to fight insurance fraud. Theres some great videos of people staging accidents out there.
P.s. have you watched "Stop Snitchin", filmed where you call home? Be prepared for retribution. [/align]

(03-12-2013, 01:14 PM)Simpler=Better So let's say hypothetically you had nice high res video from a dash cam of people committing traffic violations. Like, cutting people off without signaling, running red lights, passing on the shoulder, etc.

'05 Jeep Liberty CRD - 160k
'06.5 VW Jetta TDI - 230k
'82 MB 300TD - 116k (motor going to raysorenson)
'81 MB 300TD - 195k (parting out)
'71 Jeep DJ5 - diesel conversion project

Simpler=Better
PORTED HEAD

03-12-2013, 03:08 PM #3
Ain't talkin' bout' me, someone I know Wink

Snitches get stitches btw

Simpler=Better
03-12-2013, 03:08 PM #3

Ain't talkin' bout' me, someone I know Wink

Snitches get stitches btw

sassparilla_kid
diesel > all other fuels

03-12-2013, 08:56 PM #4
I want a dash cam for proof when a cop smashes into me, they have a tendency to go joy riding here late at night and I've missed getting hit by cops running red lights (no hats/horns) by less than 12' on multiple occasions

-1982 300D Turbo, 280k miles, ALDA apparently maxxed, fram 8038, 12 lbs boost, non-egr manifolds, W/M injection, 4 brake light mod, Gen II w126 front rotors/calipers, 4-speed swap
In the works: A/W IC, adjust pump, turbo rebuild (w/60 trim comp wheel)
-1980 300SD, 110k, project car. Goal is to get it lookin' like it did on the showroom floor (body and interior wise, not necessarily under the hood )
-1974 240D, FRESH PAINT!!!!!!
sassparilla_kid
03-12-2013, 08:56 PM #4

I want a dash cam for proof when a cop smashes into me, they have a tendency to go joy riding here late at night and I've missed getting hit by cops running red lights (no hats/horns) by less than 12' on multiple occasions

-1982 300D Turbo, 280k miles, ALDA apparently maxxed, fram 8038, 12 lbs boost, non-egr manifolds, W/M injection, 4 brake light mod, Gen II w126 front rotors/calipers, 4-speed swap
In the works: A/W IC, adjust pump, turbo rebuild (w/60 trim comp wheel)
-1980 300SD, 110k, project car. Goal is to get it lookin' like it did on the showroom floor (body and interior wise, not necessarily under the hood )
-1974 240D, FRESH PAINT!!!!!!

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average