STD Tuning Engine Injection pump timing problem

Injection pump timing problem

Injection pump timing problem

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

HaavardPYA
GT2559V

03-08-2013, 01:20 PM #1
Tried to mount my pump today. But when the dot on the inlet camgear is visible from the oilcap hole, TDC is about 7-8 o´clock seen from the front of the engine. Shouldn`t the dot be visible when the engine is at TDC?
I`ve got the locking tool in the pump so the engine should be set at 14degrees ATDC, right?

I mounted the cylinderhead as described in the manuals. Crank at TDC, dots on camgears towards each other(9 o`clock and 3 o`clock), 6,5mm bolt in camgear etc.

I have a mock-up pump in the engine now, so the engine is turnable.

Planning on starting the engine on Sunday, so i would be very happy for answers!Smile
Any suggestions on what i`ve done wrong?Huh

Best Regards
Håvard
HaavardPYA
03-08-2013, 01:20 PM #1

Tried to mount my pump today. But when the dot on the inlet camgear is visible from the oilcap hole, TDC is about 7-8 o´clock seen from the front of the engine. Shouldn`t the dot be visible when the engine is at TDC?
I`ve got the locking tool in the pump so the engine should be set at 14degrees ATDC, right?

I mounted the cylinderhead as described in the manuals. Crank at TDC, dots on camgears towards each other(9 o`clock and 3 o`clock), 6,5mm bolt in camgear etc.

Planning on starting the engine on Sunday, so i would be very happy for answers!Smile

Best Regards
Håvard

axel606
K26-2

03-08-2013, 04:41 PM #2
(03-08-2013, 01:20 PM)HaavardPYA Tried to mount my pump today. But when the dot on the inlet camgear is visible from the oilcap hole, TDC is about 7-8 o´clock seen from the front of the engine. Shouldn`t the dot be visible when the engine is at TDC?

Best Regards
Håvard
please what engine are you doing this with? is it a 606? if so the spot on the inlet cam sprocket should be seen going past and out of sight this means nr.1 is coming up to tdc (o/t) turn engine watching the scale on the cramk until 14 deg after o/t then fit the pump /make sure you mount the pump with the adjuster set a bit retarded as the pump always jumps that way /this allows you plenty of adjustment to advance it to optimise.
axel606
03-08-2013, 04:41 PM #2

(03-08-2013, 01:20 PM)HaavardPYA Tried to mount my pump today. But when the dot on the inlet camgear is visible from the oilcap hole, TDC is about 7-8 o´clock seen from the front of the engine. Shouldn`t the dot be visible when the engine is at TDC?

Best Regards
Håvard
please what engine are you doing this with? is it a 606? if so the spot on the inlet cam sprocket should be seen going past and out of sight this means nr.1 is coming up to tdc (o/t) turn engine watching the scale on the cramk until 14 deg after o/t then fit the pump /make sure you mount the pump with the adjuster set a bit retarded as the pump always jumps that way /this allows you plenty of adjustment to advance it to optimise.

HaavardPYA
GT2559V

03-08-2013, 04:45 PM #3
Sorry, its an 606 yes!
Aha.. I see. I thought you should see the mark.
But thank you very much!!Smile
HaavardPYA
03-08-2013, 04:45 PM #3

Sorry, its an 606 yes!
Aha.. I see. I thought you should see the mark.
But thank you very much!!Smile

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average