STD Tuning Engine Amsoil Dual Filter Unit?

Amsoil Dual Filter Unit?

Amsoil Dual Filter Unit?

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

wolverine
TA 0301

03-02-2013, 11:49 PM #1
I was thinking of coming up with a better oil filter system for my 240d 123. I found this https://www.amsoil.com/shop/by-product/f...pass-unit/

I'm thinking of a remote sytem with the filter head on the framerail somewhere, a permacool thermostat for the cooler and a plate on the motor that just has an in and out and blocks the original bypass drain into the block. And i'll have an output for the turbo feed and oil press gauge.

3 reasons for this,
-Motor going in the car is out of a 300sd. I understand the filter housings are a little different and might not fit? Huh
-Would be easier to get to the back of the inj pump for adjustments Big Grin
-I think the amsoil bypass filter would be better than the stock type that are apparently filled with twigs and berries and shit.

I'd just buy the filter head and filters, make up my own lines ect.. Thoughts on this? Or am I pissing in the wind and trying to reinvent the wheel?
wolverine
03-02-2013, 11:49 PM #1

I was thinking of coming up with a better oil filter system for my 240d 123. I found this https://www.amsoil.com/shop/by-product/f...pass-unit/

I'm thinking of a remote sytem with the filter head on the framerail somewhere, a permacool thermostat for the cooler and a plate on the motor that just has an in and out and blocks the original bypass drain into the block. And i'll have an output for the turbo feed and oil press gauge.

3 reasons for this,
-Motor going in the car is out of a 300sd. I understand the filter housings are a little different and might not fit? Huh
-Would be easier to get to the back of the inj pump for adjustments Big Grin
-I think the amsoil bypass filter would be better than the stock type that are apparently filled with twigs and berries and shit.

I'd just buy the filter head and filters, make up my own lines ect.. Thoughts on this? Or am I pissing in the wind and trying to reinvent the wheel?

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average