STD Tuning Engine Elements "Jammed" in Mpump

Elements "Jammed" in Mpump

Elements "Jammed" in Mpump

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

lpumb3
617 300sd

02-15-2013, 02:38 PM #1
so i picked up an m pump , little ways back , and curiosity got to me , so i started pulling off all the covers as i cleaned it up .
I noticed that the rack would not move with throttle or emergency stop.
i was able to slowly turn the pump when i picked it up . putting my drill on it i could see only one element moving , the other 4 would not move and wer stuck in the compressed position. i loosened the rack/element? retainers .
eventually the rack/rod?is now moving freely and will sweep only the one element freely .
there is no apparent debris or cracking , and the lifters move freely on all 5 .
i do not have the socket to take off the delivery valves so i cannot investigate further .
will i just be looking at new elements and a rebuild , or should i look forward to more extensive repairs(cost)?
lpumb3
02-15-2013, 02:38 PM #1

so i picked up an m pump , little ways back , and curiosity got to me , so i started pulling off all the covers as i cleaned it up .
I noticed that the rack would not move with throttle or emergency stop.
i was able to slowly turn the pump when i picked it up . putting my drill on it i could see only one element moving , the other 4 would not move and wer stuck in the compressed position. i loosened the rack/element? retainers .
eventually the rack/rod?is now moving freely and will sweep only the one element freely .
there is no apparent debris or cracking , and the lifters move freely on all 5 .
i do not have the socket to take off the delivery valves so i cannot investigate further .
will i just be looking at new elements and a rebuild , or should i look forward to more extensive repairs(cost)?

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average