STD Tuning Engine mw on a om606?

mw on a om606?

mw on a om606?

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

appie
Naturally-aspirated

12-21-2012, 03:20 AM #1
Hey hello.
We are building a OM 606 for tractorpulling, but on a tight budged.. The turbo is a holset, a he 451 ve, should be fun, and as a source of fuel we got hold of a pes 6 mw 100....
But, now for the question: is there a easy, pnp, way of mounting the pump? or is it al custom. Shy
The first problems are: the flangeof the m and mw differ.
the driveshaft is conical..
please share you thoughts Big Grin
appie
12-21-2012, 03:20 AM #1

Hey hello.
We are building a OM 606 for tractorpulling, but on a tight budged.. The turbo is a holset, a he 451 ve, should be fun, and as a source of fuel we got hold of a pes 6 mw 100....
But, now for the question: is there a easy, pnp, way of mounting the pump? or is it al custom. Shy

OM616
10mm MW

12-23-2012, 09:05 AM #2
(12-21-2012, 03:20 AM)appie Hey hello.

Not all MW pumps are the same in regards to mounting, the drive coupling, governor, and fuel supply. I have kept my eye out for a 6 cyl MW with the proper features for just such an application, and have seen a few, but they were newly rebuilt, and too expensive for what I wanted to do with it.

I forget what the engine application(s) was/were that the pump(s) were used on, but they all would have needed to have a RW governor put on instead of the one they had. It sounds like you would be better off to keep looking for one that matches the MB engine.

Then you will need to run an oil supply line to the pump to get oil to it.
OM616
12-23-2012, 09:05 AM #2

(12-21-2012, 03:20 AM)appie Hey hello.

Not all MW pumps are the same in regards to mounting, the drive coupling, governor, and fuel supply. I have kept my eye out for a 6 cyl MW with the proper features for just such an application, and have seen a few, but they were newly rebuilt, and too expensive for what I wanted to do with it.

I forget what the engine application(s) was/were that the pump(s) were used on, but they all would have needed to have a RW governor put on instead of the one they had. It sounds like you would be better off to keep looking for one that matches the MB engine.

Then you will need to run an oil supply line to the pump to get oil to it.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average