STD Other FS / WTB / Buying guides WTB: 16x8 Penta type rims

WTB: 16x8 Penta type rims

WTB: 16x8 Penta type rims

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

haromaster87
1984 300D Turbo

12-20-2012, 05:28 PM #1
Hey guys,

So I just recently sold a set of 15x7 et23 Ronal R9's. These rims were similar to Pentas, but had a few differences. I quite like the way the Penta spokes angle inward, and I like them better in a 16 in rim size.

I want to put them on my W123. I'm looking for the Gen 1 style Pentas in 16x8 et 11. I am not picky on the brand. I know there were some other brands that made them as well. As long as they have the angled inward spokes and thick lip like these:

http://www.mbca.org/sites/default/files/...zpenta.jpg

I'm good. I'm also contemplating a set of mesh wheels, but I figured I'd see what I was able to find in terms of the Pentas. I know I won't get them in perfect shape, but I'd like them to be in good enough shape to be able to put them on and go. I'd prefer to keep the price at the upper end of 3 digits, maybe lower 4 digits for a nice set.

Don't know how realistic my expectations are here, but it can't hurt to check.

Btw, I'm in Florida.

Thanks!

-Tony
haromaster87
12-20-2012, 05:28 PM #1

Hey guys,

So I just recently sold a set of 15x7 et23 Ronal R9's. These rims were similar to Pentas, but had a few differences. I quite like the way the Penta spokes angle inward, and I like them better in a 16 in rim size.

I want to put them on my W123. I'm looking for the Gen 1 style Pentas in 16x8 et 11. I am not picky on the brand. I know there were some other brands that made them as well. As long as they have the angled inward spokes and thick lip like these:

http://www.mbca.org/sites/default/files/...zpenta.jpg

I'm good. I'm also contemplating a set of mesh wheels, but I figured I'd see what I was able to find in terms of the Pentas. I know I won't get them in perfect shape, but I'd like them to be in good enough shape to be able to put them on and go. I'd prefer to keep the price at the upper end of 3 digits, maybe lower 4 digits for a nice set.

Don't know how realistic my expectations are here, but it can't hurt to check.

Btw, I'm in Florida.

Thanks!

-Tony

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average