STD Maintenance General Vacuum FUN

Vacuum FUN

Vacuum FUN

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Chuckler3
K26-2

12-16-2012, 01:57 PM #1
So I initially set forth this morning to change out my motor and trans mounts, but quickly realized that my body just wasn't up to it today. So I started utilizing my new vacuum tester. What I found was confusing and troubling. I'll try to use these pictures appropriately.

This curved piece that is comes from the top of the main hard line does not hold vacuum either in to it, or into the line coming out of it. The main line holds vacuum as tested from the screw end that attaches to the brake booster. What is this called? Can I just replace the white thing or do I have to replace the entire line if that piece is bad?
[Image: zGoFll.jpg]

This red/green line holds vacuum, but the fitting going into the main line does not. The same goes for the tan line next to it. The line leading from the rubber fitting holds vacuum, but the fitting itself (that goes into the main line) does not.
[Image: UlUnvl.jpg]

This piece I'm a bit more sure about due to the next picture. The line leading to the tranny doesn't hold vacuum. When that line is removed and my tester is inserted into the opening in the T, the T doesn't hold a vacuum either. The check valve that it's all plugged into does hold vacuum though.
[Image: Lo9jxl.jpg]

I'm supposing that line above doesn't hold a vacuum because of what it's plugged into. This is where that black line from above goes. I'm guessing the current state of this green deal is what is causing that line not to hold vacuum...
[Image: HEgLXl.jpg]

the symptons I'm currently experiencing are:

Flaring shifts into 2,3,4 (not even sure I'm getting there) The tach doesn't work but it sounds like it's revving pretty high at 60 mph.

Rock hard brake pedal. The car stops, but it takes me using some of my 215lbs to get it down to 0mph.

This is quite a bit, but I'm going to have all the time in the world to talk about it because I have to leave the car in Texas while I journey back to Northern Illinois for the holidays.

1982 300SD.. owner since 3 Nov 2012...
Chuckler3
12-16-2012, 01:57 PM #1

So I initially set forth this morning to change out my motor and trans mounts, but quickly realized that my body just wasn't up to it today. So I started utilizing my new vacuum tester. What I found was confusing and troubling. I'll try to use these pictures appropriately.

This curved piece that is comes from the top of the main hard line does not hold vacuum either in to it, or into the line coming out of it. The main line holds vacuum as tested from the screw end that attaches to the brake booster. What is this called? Can I just replace the white thing or do I have to replace the entire line if that piece is bad?
[Image: zGoFll.jpg]

This red/green line holds vacuum, but the fitting going into the main line does not. The same goes for the tan line next to it. The line leading from the rubber fitting holds vacuum, but the fitting itself (that goes into the main line) does not.
[Image: UlUnvl.jpg]

This piece I'm a bit more sure about due to the next picture. The line leading to the tranny doesn't hold vacuum. When that line is removed and my tester is inserted into the opening in the T, the T doesn't hold a vacuum either. The check valve that it's all plugged into does hold vacuum though.
[Image: Lo9jxl.jpg]

I'm supposing that line above doesn't hold a vacuum because of what it's plugged into. This is where that black line from above goes. I'm guessing the current state of this green deal is what is causing that line not to hold vacuum...
[Image: HEgLXl.jpg]

the symptons I'm currently experiencing are:

Flaring shifts into 2,3,4 (not even sure I'm getting there) The tach doesn't work but it sounds like it's revving pretty high at 60 mph.

Rock hard brake pedal. The car stops, but it takes me using some of my 215lbs to get it down to 0mph.

This is quite a bit, but I'm going to have all the time in the world to talk about it because I have to leave the car in Texas while I journey back to Northern Illinois for the holidays.

1982 300SD.. owner since 3 Nov 2012...

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average