STD Other Projects 605 into Isuzu Trooper

605 into Isuzu Trooper

605 into Isuzu Trooper

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

BDTD
Unregistered

11-26-2012, 01:19 PM #1
Hi all, Newbie here from the Emerald Isle.
I have a 1998 C-250 Estate that has sadly falled to the dreaded tin worm albeit, after achieving interstellar milage, I also have 1 2004 Isuzu Trooper wich steadfastly refuses to excite me in any way.
I was wondering if some of you kind souls could educate me on the possibility of mating the 605 from my slowly dissolving merc with the transmission from the 3.0 Isuzu?
Are there any golden rules for such an engine transplant?
Many thanks.
BDTD
11-26-2012, 01:19 PM #1

Hi all, Newbie here from the Emerald Isle.
I have a 1998 C-250 Estate that has sadly falled to the dreaded tin worm albeit, after achieving interstellar milage, I also have 1 2004 Isuzu Trooper wich steadfastly refuses to excite me in any way.
I was wondering if some of you kind souls could educate me on the possibility of mating the 605 from my slowly dissolving merc with the transmission from the 3.0 Isuzu?
Are there any golden rules for such an engine transplant?
Many thanks.

Simpler=Better
PORTED HEAD

11-26-2012, 01:34 PM #2
If you can find the bolt patterns of the 605 online, and the Isuzu transmission bolt pattern you should be able ot mate it with an adapter plate, then adapt the Isuzu flywheel to the Mercedes crank.

Newbie-read this: Cheap Tricks
617.952-220k-Getting built up
larsalan I guess I need to look at this stupid ass drip shit. What you have to like mess with those elements on the pump? What a fucking hassle. then use some wire to hold the throttle open or some shit?
Simpler=Better
11-26-2012, 01:34 PM #2

If you can find the bolt patterns of the 605 online, and the Isuzu transmission bolt pattern you should be able ot mate it with an adapter plate, then adapt the Isuzu flywheel to the Mercedes crank.

Newbie-read this: Cheap Tricks
617.952-220k-Getting built up
larsalan I guess I need to look at this stupid ass drip shit. What you have to like mess with those elements on the pump? What a fucking hassle. then use some wire to hold the throttle open or some shit?

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average