STD Tuning Engine BOLT PATTERN / CRANK LOCATION

BOLT PATTERN / CRANK LOCATION

BOLT PATTERN / CRANK LOCATION

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Simpler=Better
PORTED HEAD

11-16-2012, 02:52 PM #1
I've been looking online and I can't find this info to save my life. The 617 is wayyyy to big to bring into the lab at school for probing. The aluminum spacer is small enough, however.

SOMEBODY has to have this dimension. I want to know the crank's centerline as it relates to the holes in the aluminum spacer.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=1505]

I have found SBC bolt locations online, ...all that's left for me to know is the crank's relative position to the rear bolts. With that info I can easily whip up a pattern to adapt from 617->SBC, and have it cost less than $1,000.

Newbie-read this: Cheap Tricks
617.952-220k-Getting built up
larsalan I guess I need to look at this stupid ass drip shit. What you have to like mess with those elements on the pump? What a fucking hassle. then use some wire to hold the throttle open or some shit?
Simpler=Better
11-16-2012, 02:52 PM #1

I've been looking online and I can't find this info to save my life. The 617 is wayyyy to big to bring into the lab at school for probing. The aluminum spacer is small enough, however.

SOMEBODY has to have this dimension. I want to know the crank's centerline as it relates to the holes in the aluminum spacer.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=1505]

I have found SBC bolt locations online, ...all that's left for me to know is the crank's relative position to the rear bolts. With that info I can easily whip up a pattern to adapt from 617->SBC, and have it cost less than $1,000.

larsalan I guess I need to look at this stupid ass drip shit. What you have to like mess with those elements on the pump? What a fucking hassle. then use some wire to hold the throttle open or some shit?

OM616
10mm MW

11-16-2012, 05:50 PM #2
The crank is in the center of the first ID step in the adaptor.

The adaptor plate has to be dialed in when it is installed. The process is in the MB Factory service manual. The first ID of the adapter is machined and that is where the indicator pointer is placed, the base is on the crank, the crank and indicator are turned and the is plate bumped around until it is true to the crank center.
OM616
11-16-2012, 05:50 PM #2

The crank is in the center of the first ID step in the adaptor.

The adaptor plate has to be dialed in when it is installed. The process is in the MB Factory service manual. The first ID of the adapter is machined and that is where the indicator pointer is placed, the base is on the crank, the crank and indicator are turned and the is plate bumped around until it is true to the crank center.

Simpler=Better
PORTED HEAD

11-17-2012, 11:53 PM #3
Thank you, that's exactly the info I needed. I'll post back when I've got everything blueprinted

Simpler=Better
11-17-2012, 11:53 PM #3

Thank you, that's exactly the info I needed. I'll post back when I've got everything blueprinted

Simpler=Better
PORTED HEAD

07-03-2013, 12:58 PM #4
No warranty expressed or implied, I still need to double check it against my spare transmission spacer

[Image: gI6Th5q.jpg]

Simpler=Better
07-03-2013, 12:58 PM #4

No warranty expressed or implied, I still need to double check it against my spare transmission spacer

[Image: gI6Th5q.jpg]

CRD4x4
CompoundSuperTurboDiesel4x4!

07-04-2013, 07:57 AM #5
^^ YES! SM465, here we come! ^^

'05 Jeep Liberty CRD - 160k
'06.5 VW Jetta TDI - 230k
'82 MB 300TD - 116k (motor going to raysorenson)
'81 MB 300TD - 195k (parting out)
'71 Jeep DJ5 - diesel conversion project
CRD4x4
07-04-2013, 07:57 AM #5

^^ YES! SM465, here we come! ^^

'05 Jeep Liberty CRD - 160k
'06.5 VW Jetta TDI - 230k
'82 MB 300TD - 116k (motor going to raysorenson)
'81 MB 300TD - 195k (parting out)
'71 Jeep DJ5 - diesel conversion project

yankneck696
Build it so strong & blow it up good !!!

07-04-2013, 08:28 AM #6
Way superwickednizzacool !!!!
It's a Masshole thing, you wouldn't understand....
yankneck696
07-04-2013, 08:28 AM #6

Way superwickednizzacool !!!!
It's a Masshole thing, you wouldn't understand....

Simpler=Better
PORTED HEAD

07-04-2013, 11:44 AM #7
Seriously though, gotta double check the dims before we go all hog wild. I've got a merc plate, SBC bell, SBC flywheel, and Merc crank spacer ring to measure. Spacing shouldn't be much of a problemo

Simpler=Better
07-04-2013, 11:44 AM #7

Seriously though, gotta double check the dims before we go all hog wild. I've got a merc plate, SBC bell, SBC flywheel, and Merc crank spacer ring to measure. Spacing shouldn't be much of a problemo

Simpler=Better
PORTED HEAD

07-09-2013, 03:52 PM #8
So after plotting and printing 1:1, the top two merc holes appear to be off, the rest seem pretty close (I'm going to blame the printer for some of the drift).

Still need to 100% confirm things before anyone gets their panties in a bunch.

Red is the (g wagen?) 617 aluminum plate I'm referencing. The small circles are all Merc holes.

Blue is the Chebby v8 bell (the smaller car bell-it's cheaper and easier to work with than the big truck ones that everyone wants) the 1/2" circles are Chebby bolt locations. I'll put up dimensions once I 100% confirm it, I've seen conflicting bolt patterns online.

[Image: 9YEUai0.jpg]
[Image: USDdS2X.jpg]

Simpler=Better
07-09-2013, 03:52 PM #8

So after plotting and printing 1:1, the top two merc holes appear to be off, the rest seem pretty close (I'm going to blame the printer for some of the drift).

Still need to 100% confirm things before anyone gets their panties in a bunch.

Red is the (g wagen?) 617 aluminum plate I'm referencing. The small circles are all Merc holes.

Blue is the Chebby v8 bell (the smaller car bell-it's cheaper and easier to work with than the big truck ones that everyone wants) the 1/2" circles are Chebby bolt locations. I'll put up dimensions once I 100% confirm it, I've seen conflicting bolt patterns online.

[Image: 9YEUai0.jpg]
[Image: USDdS2X.jpg]

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average