STD Tuning Engine stuck inlet valves 605/606

stuck inlet valves 605/606

stuck inlet valves 605/606

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

axel606
K26-2

10-26-2012, 04:24 PM #1
has anyone had the experiences i keep getting with 605/606 engines that have been sat for a good while having lots of stuck inlet valves.
when you go to start them with the manifold off you get loads of blow back out of the inlet ports ,with loads of black goo blowing out with a very obvious misfire .
the latest one was tonight with a used engine from a merc breaker and had been stood for 2 years, it had very little compression and started eventually after some bleeding of the injectors . it ran on about 4 cylinders with lots of smoke puffing from the inlets on most of them ,i ran it until warm and then stopped the engine and checked all the levels. i fired it back up and it was still terrible shaking and missing all over the place ,so i went for a tune up 'italiene' at about 4500 rpm it was popping and banging then it all sorted itself out, the valves jumped shut and it went glass smooth and sat back at idle- perfect
i keep seeing this happen on these engines and it always seems to be the gunk left by egr causing this, i have deleted egr on this engine and steam cleaned the inlet manifold and crossover pipe .
the old engine had dropped a valve (so we thought, but it was a totally jammed inlet valve ) but there is internal damage to a rod or piston also. the car is a fully loaded little c250 td auto, it is like a baby s class
another one saved from the scrap just for the sake of a bit of work and a pick and pull engine!
axel606
10-26-2012, 04:24 PM #1

has anyone had the experiences i keep getting with 605/606 engines that have been sat for a good while having lots of stuck inlet valves.
when you go to start them with the manifold off you get loads of blow back out of the inlet ports ,with loads of black goo blowing out with a very obvious misfire .
the latest one was tonight with a used engine from a merc breaker and had been stood for 2 years, it had very little compression and started eventually after some bleeding of the injectors . it ran on about 4 cylinders with lots of smoke puffing from the inlets on most of them ,i ran it until warm and then stopped the engine and checked all the levels. i fired it back up and it was still terrible shaking and missing all over the place ,so i went for a tune up 'italiene' at about 4500 rpm it was popping and banging then it all sorted itself out, the valves jumped shut and it went glass smooth and sat back at idle- perfect
i keep seeing this happen on these engines and it always seems to be the gunk left by egr causing this, i have deleted egr on this engine and steam cleaned the inlet manifold and crossover pipe .
the old engine had dropped a valve (so we thought, but it was a totally jammed inlet valve ) but there is internal damage to a rod or piston also. the car is a fully loaded little c250 td auto, it is like a baby s class
another one saved from the scrap just for the sake of a bit of work and a pick and pull engine!

mantahead
Holset

10-26-2012, 06:21 PM #2
hi,
yea i had this on my om605, it was spitting out through the intake ports when the manifold was off. A bit of a rev after it warmed up and all came good, although compression was slightly lower on this cyclinder 3. when i had this head off it was leaking by the valve seats. After some cleaning and regrinded the seats with paste and head back on, compression was back up again.
mantahead
10-26-2012, 06:21 PM #2

hi,
yea i had this on my om605, it was spitting out through the intake ports when the manifold was off. A bit of a rev after it warmed up and all came good, although compression was slightly lower on this cyclinder 3. when i had this head off it was leaking by the valve seats. After some cleaning and regrinded the seats with paste and head back on, compression was back up again.

EDH_Performance
Holset

10-28-2012, 12:14 PM #3
It can be bad valvelifters...
EDH_Performance
10-28-2012, 12:14 PM #3

It can be bad valvelifters...

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average