STD Other Projects W210 OM606 Daily Driver

W210 OM606 Daily Driver

W210 OM606 Daily Driver

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Anders Ernst
Unregistered

09-17-2012, 03:26 PM #1
Hello, I'm totally new on this cool forum, so I would like to share my current project.
I was lucky getting my hands on a 98 E300td for about 1/5 of the normal price. Technicaly it is in excelent condition, but the reason for the cheap price is, that it is increddibly rusty (as most W210's...)
The car is only getting warm, as the odo says 547.000 but the original engine is still running perfekt.
Due to previous owner, the car should have been modified by Kleemann to about 210hp and 410nm, but i quite doubt that it has got that much anymore.
Currently I have no huge plans for the engine, and as I have been told, it is either the whole package (turbo, larger elements, manifold and so on) or nothing... But who knows?Wink
[Image: 575230mercedesbenzw210e.jpg]
Picture taken 5 years ago, when the car was still shining

Hopefully I can manage to have the car painted by the 15" of October. But still I have quite a lot of bodywork to do. Mechanicaly it should be ready for MOT.

Disassembly started:
[Image: imag0143s.jpg]

A great picture of just how rusty W210's can be.
[Image: imag0145g.jpg]

Ready for som new metal:
[Image: imag0147p.jpg]

Made ready for new plate:
[Image: imag0308w.jpg]

Nearly finished welding this corner:
[Image: imag0322q.jpg]

Haven't taken that much pictures, but now I have changed most of the inner fender in both sides at the front, and are ready to begin on the wheelarches in the back. I will ensure to get some more pictures taken.

When my daily driver project is finished I hope to get started on a W124 Superturbo projectSmile
Anders Ernst
09-17-2012, 03:26 PM #1

Hello, I'm totally new on this cool forum, so I would like to share my current project.
I was lucky getting my hands on a 98 E300td for about 1/5 of the normal price. Technicaly it is in excelent condition, but the reason for the cheap price is, that it is increddibly rusty (as most W210's...)
The car is only getting warm, as the odo says 547.000 but the original engine is still running perfekt.
Due to previous owner, the car should have been modified by Kleemann to about 210hp and 410nm, but i quite doubt that it has got that much anymore.
Currently I have no huge plans for the engine, and as I have been told, it is either the whole package (turbo, larger elements, manifold and so on) or nothing... But who knows?Wink
[Image: 575230mercedesbenzw210e.jpg]
Picture taken 5 years ago, when the car was still shining

Hopefully I can manage to have the car painted by the 15" of October. But still I have quite a lot of bodywork to do. Mechanicaly it should be ready for MOT.

Disassembly started:
[Image: imag0143s.jpg]

A great picture of just how rusty W210's can be.
[Image: imag0145g.jpg]

Ready for som new metal:
[Image: imag0147p.jpg]

Made ready for new plate:
[Image: imag0308w.jpg]

Nearly finished welding this corner:
[Image: imag0322q.jpg]

Haven't taken that much pictures, but now I have changed most of the inner fender in both sides at the front, and are ready to begin on the wheelarches in the back. I will ensure to get some more pictures taken.

When my daily driver project is finished I hope to get started on a W124 Superturbo projectSmile

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average