STD Tuning Engine Nozzle identification

Nozzle identification

Nozzle identification

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

OM616
10mm MW

08-06-2012, 07:56 PM #1
I am looking at nozzles for VW rabbits and such that used the VE pump.

The reason is, I am looking for a nozzle that is better suited as is for the injection rate that a 10mm element will produce, and the VE pump uses a 10 or 11mm element.

I saw one number that I recognized; DNOSD265, I believe these are used in 60X engines as well.

Other part numbers advertised as being Bosch are;
(editWink I found a China list and matched up the numbers to DN#s

0 434 250 103 = DNOSD293

0 434 250 063 = DNOSD193

068 130 211B = cant find this number

Is there anyone that can identify the physical differences, pintel dia, etc, for these nozzles?

You would think that a 293 would be bigger than a 193, but I think those numbers only mean something to Bosch. I just may have to order a few different ones to see what the differences are.
This post was last modified: 08-06-2012, 11:43 PM by OM616.
OM616
08-06-2012, 07:56 PM #1

I am looking at nozzles for VW rabbits and such that used the VE pump.

The reason is, I am looking for a nozzle that is better suited as is for the injection rate that a 10mm element will produce, and the VE pump uses a 10 or 11mm element.

I saw one number that I recognized; DNOSD265, I believe these are used in 60X engines as well.

Other part numbers advertised as being Bosch are;
(editWink I found a China list and matched up the numbers to DN#s

0 434 250 103 = DNOSD293

0 434 250 063 = DNOSD193

068 130 211B = cant find this number

Is there anyone that can identify the physical differences, pintel dia, etc, for these nozzles?

You would think that a 293 would be bigger than a 193, but I think those numbers only mean something to Bosch. I just may have to order a few different ones to see what the differences are.

tomnik
Holset

08-07-2012, 04:53 PM #2
(08-06-2012, 07:56 PM)OM616 You would think that a 293 would be bigger than a 193, but I think those numbers only mean something to Bosch. I just may have to order a few different ones to see what the differences are.

the differences of where the nozzles were produced gives more a difference than the number.
Maybe Volker can help with some more details but the last 3 digits of the Bosch type number are not related to any physical characteristics.
Next: what kind of fuel? Pop pressure? PC geometry?
Where are the goals? Smooth run? Max. power?

I personally don't like too hard engine sound and no signs of smoke.

Tom
tomnik
08-07-2012, 04:53 PM #2

(08-06-2012, 07:56 PM)OM616 You would think that a 293 would be bigger than a 193, but I think those numbers only mean something to Bosch. I just may have to order a few different ones to see what the differences are.

the differences of where the nozzles were produced gives more a difference than the number.
Maybe Volker can help with some more details but the last 3 digits of the Bosch type number are not related to any physical characteristics.

Tom

Volker407
naturally aspirated

08-08-2012, 12:35 PM #3
(08-07-2012, 04:53 PM)tomnik the differences of where the nozzles were produced gives more a difference than the number.

Tom

As Tomnik said, there are some questions to answer at first

You´ve got to have pretty good eyes to see it. ;-)
The difference resides in the area of 0,00035 - 0,01 inch. The only thing in common is the pressure stage which is always 6,0x2,5mm

The number 068 130 211B you were looking for would be a DN0SD273 nozzle for a VW 1.6 Whirlchamber Turbodiesel from the 1980s

Gruß
Volker
This post was last modified: 08-08-2012, 12:45 PM by Volker407.
Volker407
08-08-2012, 12:35 PM #3

(08-07-2012, 04:53 PM)tomnik the differences of where the nozzles were produced gives more a difference than the number.

Tom

The difference resides in the area of 0,00035 - 0,01 inch. The only thing in common is the pressure stage which is always 6,0x2,5mm

The number 068 130 211B you were looking for would be a DN0SD273 nozzle for a VW 1.6 Whirlchamber Turbodiesel from the 1980s

Gruß
Volker

OM616
10mm MW

08-08-2012, 12:53 PM #4
Edited after reading a response, please re read!!

It is very frustrating. So all the nozzles have the same size pressure section that actually causes the pintle to lift, ok that’s a start. Then it comes down to the flow capacity of the orifice.

I am looking for a bigger nozzle that will pass around 90cc/K revs, from a 10mm element, at 135/150 bar pop, with the same pintle lift as stock elements on a stock nozzle.

I know a 265 for example will flow it, but the pintle must be raising up farther to pass the fuel in the quicker time, and the more the pintle raises, the poorer the atomization of the fuel. A larger injector would allow more fuel in less time with the same pintle lift as a stock one.

I guess I will just get some 265s and have them extrude honed and get on with life, lol

On a side note, I received the sample thin element and I like it better than the thick one I used last time. After some measurements, I am looking at changing the helix to a 6 degree angle, that should allow an out put of 90cc/k about 1/2 to 2/3 of plunger rotation, depending on bleed past the plunger.

Any thoughts before I grind?

(08-08-2012, 12:35 PM)Volker407

Tom

Gruß
Volker

Thanks for posting! Given the specks I stated above do you have a recommendation for a better nozzle?

Additional Edit.: Idea

I think I just had an epiphany, OK, let me see if I am seeing this correctly now; If the pressure section of all the nozzles are the same, then in theory they will all lift the same under the same pressures. Then it is a matter of the orifice and the pintle section that is in it.

If the pintle section that is in the orifice is strait, then regardless of pintle lift, the area that the fuel passes will remain constant, and trying to pass a greater amount of fuel in a shorter period of time will result in higher back pressure, greater pintle lift, but due to the straight pintle the orifice area will remain constant, which will result in a higher velocity injection, which would increase the quality of the atomization. But if the pintle is tapered, which would increase the distance between the pintle and the orifice as the pintle lift is increased, then a thicker fuel stream will result = bad, that is what I do not want. That is where I want a larger orifice and pintle, so the distance, or gap, that the fuel passes thought will be as tight as possible, creating a high velocity injection. Am I close to reality??

If I went with a 265 for example, will the gap that the fuel passes through increase with pintle lift, or remain constant?
This post was last modified: 08-08-2012, 01:21 PM by OM616.
OM616
08-08-2012, 12:53 PM #4

Edited after reading a response, please re read!!

It is very frustrating. So all the nozzles have the same size pressure section that actually causes the pintle to lift, ok that’s a start. Then it comes down to the flow capacity of the orifice.

I am looking for a bigger nozzle that will pass around 90cc/K revs, from a 10mm element, at 135/150 bar pop, with the same pintle lift as stock elements on a stock nozzle.

I know a 265 for example will flow it, but the pintle must be raising up farther to pass the fuel in the quicker time, and the more the pintle raises, the poorer the atomization of the fuel. A larger injector would allow more fuel in less time with the same pintle lift as a stock one.

I guess I will just get some 265s and have them extrude honed and get on with life, lol

On a side note, I received the sample thin element and I like it better than the thick one I used last time. After some measurements, I am looking at changing the helix to a 6 degree angle, that should allow an out put of 90cc/k about 1/2 to 2/3 of plunger rotation, depending on bleed past the plunger.

Any thoughts before I grind?

(08-08-2012, 12:35 PM)Volker407

Tom

Gruß
Volker

Thanks for posting! Given the specks I stated above do you have a recommendation for a better nozzle?

I think I just had an epiphany, OK, let me see if I am seeing this correctly now; If the pressure section of all the nozzles are the same, then in theory they will all lift the same under the same pressures. Then it is a matter of the orifice and the pintle section that is in it.

If the pintle section that is in the orifice is strait, then regardless of pintle lift, the area that the fuel passes will remain constant, and trying to pass a greater amount of fuel in a shorter period of time will result in higher back pressure, greater pintle lift, but due to the straight pintle the orifice area will remain constant, which will result in a higher velocity injection, which would increase the quality of the atomization. But if the pintle is tapered, which would increase the distance between the pintle and the orifice as the pintle lift is increased, then a thicker fuel stream will result = bad, that is what I do not want. That is where I want a larger orifice and pintle, so the distance, or gap, that the fuel passes thought will be as tight as possible, creating a high velocity injection. Am I close to reality??

If I went with a 265 for example, will the gap that the fuel passes through increase with pintle lift, or remain constant?

Volker407
naturally aspirated

08-08-2012, 02:21 PM #5
(08-08-2012, 12:53 PM)OM616 Thanks for posting! Given the specks I stated above do you have a recommendation for a better nozzle?

Yeah, that wasn´t bad I would say. But in addition there is influence from diesel adhesion and dynamic pressure wave characteristics.

(08-08-2012, 12:53 PM)OM616 If I went with a 265 for example, will the gap that the fuel passes through increase with pintle lift, or remain constant?
gap will increase with pintle lift

Your configuration is a 10mm M-Pump on a OM603?

Gruß
Volker
Volker407
08-08-2012, 02:21 PM #5

(08-08-2012, 12:53 PM)OM616 Thanks for posting! Given the specks I stated above do you have a recommendation for a better nozzle?

Yeah, that wasn´t bad I would say. But in addition there is influence from diesel adhesion and dynamic pressure wave characteristics.

(08-08-2012, 12:53 PM)OM616 If I went with a 265 for example, will the gap that the fuel passes through increase with pintle lift, or remain constant?

Gruß
Volker

OM616
10mm MW

08-08-2012, 04:34 PM #6
(08-08-2012, 02:21 PM)Volker407

Gruß
Volker

No I have a OM616 Turbo and OM617a.

I am glad to hear that I am getting a better understanding of the nozzles.

Do you agree that there is a window of improvement in regards to nozzles in high rate delivery applications? I don’t care what the original application was, VW, GMC, etc. My thinking is there is some room for improvement, which will lower full power EGTs, reduce smoke, and be quieter. But if one can not get a better nozzle, then that is that. Not worth trying to have one made.
OM616
08-08-2012, 04:34 PM #6

(08-08-2012, 02:21 PM)Volker407

Gruß
Volker

No I have a OM616 Turbo and OM617a.

I am glad to hear that I am getting a better understanding of the nozzles.

Do you agree that there is a window of improvement in regards to nozzles in high rate delivery applications? I don’t care what the original application was, VW, GMC, etc. My thinking is there is some room for improvement, which will lower full power EGTs, reduce smoke, and be quieter. But if one can not get a better nozzle, then that is that. Not worth trying to have one made.

Volker407
naturally aspirated

08-11-2012, 01:48 AM #7
I think improvements should be possible, but the investigation has not gone far enough yet to make a general statement.

Gruß
Volker
This post was last modified: 08-11-2012, 01:49 AM by Volker407.
Volker407
08-11-2012, 01:48 AM #7

I think improvements should be possible, but the investigation has not gone far enough yet to make a general statement.

Gruß
Volker

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average