STD Tuning Drivetrain vacuum lines and bowden cable adjustment?

vacuum lines and bowden cable adjustment?

vacuum lines and bowden cable adjustment?

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Gearbound
In need of a OM606.96x

07-22-2012, 04:03 PM #1
300td 1982 automatic transmission. my 0-60 is 20sec or more... so id like to check the bowden cable setup and is there any vacuum lines that go to the transmission?
Gearbound
07-22-2012, 04:03 PM #1

300td 1982 automatic transmission. my 0-60 is 20sec or more... so id like to check the bowden cable setup and is there any vacuum lines that go to the transmission?

aaa
GT2256V

07-22-2012, 07:08 PM #2
You should be able to feel whether it's working right. As in feel when it shifts. A 0-60 should hold each gear to 4100 rpm or so. Hell you might still be in third by 60.

I don't think vacuum would affect 0-60 on that year. Bowden cable and kickdown switch on the other hand.
aaa
07-22-2012, 07:08 PM #2

You should be able to feel whether it's working right. As in feel when it shifts. A 0-60 should hold each gear to 4100 rpm or so. Hell you might still be in third by 60.

I don't think vacuum would affect 0-60 on that year. Bowden cable and kickdown switch on the other hand.

Gearbound
In need of a OM606.96x

07-22-2012, 10:08 PM #3
where can i get a diagram of the cars vacuum diagram. the one off the car is gone so i hooked up the vacuum lines acording to a repair manual from auto parts store but there is no mention of vacuum lines to transmission but i had a loose vacuum line that was drapped over the bellhousing so i was guessing to goes somewere. and how should i set up the bowden cable? it shifts smooth but it changes earlier then 4100rpm unless in L or S for one gear.
Gearbound
07-22-2012, 10:08 PM #3

where can i get a diagram of the cars vacuum diagram. the one off the car is gone so i hooked up the vacuum lines acording to a repair manual from auto parts store but there is no mention of vacuum lines to transmission but i had a loose vacuum line that was drapped over the bellhousing so i was guessing to goes somewere. and how should i set up the bowden cable? it shifts smooth but it changes earlier then 4100rpm unless in L or S for one gear.

aaa
GT2256V

07-22-2012, 11:19 PM #4
There is a vacuum line that goes to the side of the transmission. It controls shift stiffness.

Check your kickdown switch, or make sure you floor the pedal enough to hit the switch. The switch should hold the gears as well.

The bowden would be for the not-floored situations. Pay attention to when it shifts in part throttle situations, then tighten the threaded bowden cable adjustment (on top of the valve cover?). Increasing the tension on the cable should make it shift later. It could also be broken or stretched excessively, in which case you'd need to replace it.
aaa
07-22-2012, 11:19 PM #4

There is a vacuum line that goes to the side of the transmission. It controls shift stiffness.

Check your kickdown switch, or make sure you floor the pedal enough to hit the switch. The switch should hold the gears as well.

The bowden would be for the not-floored situations. Pay attention to when it shifts in part throttle situations, then tighten the threaded bowden cable adjustment (on top of the valve cover?). Increasing the tension on the cable should make it shift later. It could also be broken or stretched excessively, in which case you'd need to replace it.

Gearbound
In need of a OM606.96x

07-22-2012, 11:56 PM #5
So the bowden is set by feel when driving and what side is the vacuum port on? And what does the line connect to?
Gearbound
07-22-2012, 11:56 PM #5

So the bowden is set by feel when driving and what side is the vacuum port on? And what does the line connect to?

lpumb3
617 300sd

10-02-2012, 12:56 PM #6
i feel i need a better understanding of how my trans shift events occur and when how the vacume is traveling around the switch valve etc . not to mention the vacuum zones, with the little resistors .i feeel like i have mine adjusted set up well but id like to be able to return it to stock and tune from there.
lpumb3
10-02-2012, 12:56 PM #6

i feel i need a better understanding of how my trans shift events occur and when how the vacume is traveling around the switch valve etc . not to mention the vacuum zones, with the little resistors .i feeel like i have mine adjusted set up well but id like to be able to return it to stock and tune from there.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average