STD Tuning Engine OM606 engine info

OM606 engine info

OM606 engine info

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pinchers
Naturally-aspirated

07-21-2012, 01:59 PM #1
Im planning on making my old mk4 ford transit into a sleeper super diesel recovery truck. I will be using it to take of my offroad toys about the place.

Ive done alot of reading on the site about the various engines and im planning on installing a OM606 with the 603 pump.

Ive been offered a engine but i cant seen to find detail on the engine code anywhere. Can anyone help.

The engine is a R606.011 15 01 can anyone give me details on the engine spec from the code.

Thanks
Pinchers
07-21-2012, 01:59 PM #1

Im planning on making my old mk4 ford transit into a sleeper super diesel recovery truck. I will be using it to take of my offroad toys about the place.

Ive done alot of reading on the site about the various engines and im planning on installing a OM606 with the 603 pump.

Ive been offered a engine but i cant seen to find detail on the engine code anywhere. Can anyone help.

The engine is a R606.011 15 01 can anyone give me details on the engine spec from the code.

Thanks

aaa
GT2256V

07-21-2012, 02:10 PM #2
That sounds like the part number of something attached to the engine. Maybe the block part number. There's reverse part number lookup somewhere in the EPC.
aaa
07-21-2012, 02:10 PM #2

That sounds like the part number of something attached to the engine. Maybe the block part number. There's reverse part number lookup somewhere in the EPC.

axel606
K26-2

07-22-2012, 03:16 PM #3
(07-21-2012, 02:10 PM)aaa That sounds like the part number of something attached to the engine. Maybe the block part number. There's reverse part number lookup somewhere in the EPC.
there is a piece of machined flat steel just in front of the end of the injector pump ,the engine number is stamped on there, the first six numbers are the engine type ie.606.962 .......
the area where the number is stamped is difficult to see and can be corroded so you may need to clean it up so you can read it .
you will need to take the inlet manifold off to get to it as you cannot see alot with it on ,good choice on the engine it will push your truck along really well it might work best with the standard turbo with 6mm elements out of the electronic pump built into the 603 pump with it turned up to max but -10%. with pressure operated wastegate actuator (12psi) this works really well for a towing vehicle, i tow a large ifor williams horsebox with two really big horses in and it pulls well with a nice STRONG pull off so important for getting a big weight moving .
400+ bhp super turbos rock my world but just hang back a bit and think about your truck and how you want it to pull weight ,you need easy to get at torque and lots of it ,thats why artic tractors rev so low ,even a totally standard 606.962 will make your transit fly and it will sound so good ..... a friend of mine followed my g wagen and said it sounded like a bmw 3.0 csl batmobile from the '70's (which was nice)
axel606
07-22-2012, 03:16 PM #3

(07-21-2012, 02:10 PM)aaa That sounds like the part number of something attached to the engine. Maybe the block part number. There's reverse part number lookup somewhere in the EPC.
there is a piece of machined flat steel just in front of the end of the injector pump ,the engine number is stamped on there, the first six numbers are the engine type ie.606.962 .......
the area where the number is stamped is difficult to see and can be corroded so you may need to clean it up so you can read it .
you will need to take the inlet manifold off to get to it as you cannot see alot with it on ,good choice on the engine it will push your truck along really well it might work best with the standard turbo with 6mm elements out of the electronic pump built into the 603 pump with it turned up to max but -10%. with pressure operated wastegate actuator (12psi) this works really well for a towing vehicle, i tow a large ifor williams horsebox with two really big horses in and it pulls well with a nice STRONG pull off so important for getting a big weight moving .
400+ bhp super turbos rock my world but just hang back a bit and think about your truck and how you want it to pull weight ,you need easy to get at torque and lots of it ,thats why artic tractors rev so low ,even a totally standard 606.962 will make your transit fly and it will sound so good ..... a friend of mine followed my g wagen and said it sounded like a bmw 3.0 csl batmobile from the '70's (which was nice)

Pinchers
Naturally-aspirated

07-22-2012, 03:33 PM #4
Hey axel606 thanks for the info, i just need to figure out how to get the engine to fit and if i can use the MT75 gearbox out the trasnsit with it. im planning on a exhaust stack just behind the cab so the engine should sound sweet Cool
Pinchers
07-22-2012, 03:33 PM #4

Hey axel606 thanks for the info, i just need to figure out how to get the engine to fit and if i can use the MT75 gearbox out the trasnsit with it. im planning on a exhaust stack just behind the cab so the engine should sound sweet Cool

Mark_M
GT2559V

07-22-2012, 06:01 PM #5
I am pretty new to the MB engines but learning fast. I do know the MT75 box though and this will be your week point. These big diesels put out a lot of torque and the MT isn't the strongest box around. They also have the added complication of not having a removable bellhousing. This isn't insurmountable as you can adapt or cut and shut, you can even get the box rebuilt to be stronger but its an expensive way to go about it. Might be easier more reliable and cheaper to hunt down another box from the start.
Mark_M
07-22-2012, 06:01 PM #5

I am pretty new to the MB engines but learning fast. I do know the MT75 box though and this will be your week point. These big diesels put out a lot of torque and the MT isn't the strongest box around. They also have the added complication of not having a removable bellhousing. This isn't insurmountable as you can adapt or cut and shut, you can even get the box rebuilt to be stronger but its an expensive way to go about it. Might be easier more reliable and cheaper to hunt down another box from the start.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average