STD STD Board Info List of services provided by members?

List of services provided by members?

List of services provided by members?

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

OM616
10mm MW

07-10-2012, 05:04 PM #1
I was not sure where to post this, so I guess here is as good a place as any.

I have a machine / welding shop and have done some work for some members on this forum and PP (currently have a M119 bell housing project with 4 PP members).

There are some STD members who are rebuilding Injectors, making interior parts, IP work, etc, and thought it would be great if there was a place where some one could go to find out if a member offers a service that one needed, like the tool rental list.

I know it gets tricky as this would be advertising, and I would not have a problem "donating" something reasonable to the forum to balance the exposure, but I don't want to speak for everyone.

With the economy going down the drain, we need to stick together.

Any thoughts?
OM616
07-10-2012, 05:04 PM #1

I was not sure where to post this, so I guess here is as good a place as any.

I have a machine / welding shop and have done some work for some members on this forum and PP (currently have a M119 bell housing project with 4 PP members).

There are some STD members who are rebuilding Injectors, making interior parts, IP work, etc, and thought it would be great if there was a place where some one could go to find out if a member offers a service that one needed, like the tool rental list.

I know it gets tricky as this would be advertising, and I would not have a problem "donating" something reasonable to the forum to balance the exposure, but I don't want to speak for everyone.

With the economy going down the drain, we need to stick together.

Any thoughts?

larsalan
Superturbo

07-10-2012, 05:55 PM #2
man, I thought I heard enough buzz around here about turbo converting 616s. And there was those custom billet relocation plates for the 617s but that got messed up as I recall.
How about someone to come change my oil and adjust the valves? I'm paying a 6pack Wink

Rusted out beat down 300d turbo 82' -- RIP
Nice body, tons of ridiculous mechanical issues - 300d turbo 82' /motor 85'
larsalan
07-10-2012, 05:55 PM #2

man, I thought I heard enough buzz around here about turbo converting 616s. And there was those custom billet relocation plates for the 617s but that got messed up as I recall.
How about someone to come change my oil and adjust the valves? I'm paying a 6pack Wink

Rusted out beat down 300d turbo 82' -- RIP
Nice body, tons of ridiculous mechanical issues - 300d turbo 82' /motor 85'

aaa
GT2256V

07-10-2012, 09:11 PM #3
Personally I think it's a great idea. We'd need a way to keep it up to date though, as the services drop over time.
aaa
07-10-2012, 09:11 PM #3

Personally I think it's a great idea. We'd need a way to keep it up to date though, as the services drop over time.

Simpler=Better
PORTED HEAD

07-11-2012, 08:44 AM #4
I can occasionally provide small job machine work.

Newbie-read this: Cheap Tricks
617.952-220k-Getting built up
larsalan I guess I need to look at this stupid ass drip shit. What you have to like mess with those elements on the pump? What a fucking hassle. then use some wire to hold the throttle open or some shit?
Simpler=Better
07-11-2012, 08:44 AM #4

I can occasionally provide small job machine work.

larsalan I guess I need to look at this stupid ass drip shit. What you have to like mess with those elements on the pump? What a fucking hassle. then use some wire to hold the throttle open or some shit?

OM616
10mm MW

07-11-2012, 11:12 AM #5
(07-10-2012, 09:11 PM)aaa Personally I think it's a great idea. We'd need a way to keep it up to date though, as the services drop over time.

I agree, there are several of us with similar capabilities but in different parts of the country, so location of the member would be important for someone looking to have something done.

As far as keeping it current, this would be a business transaction and members would be intrusting someone they have not met with their property, so if someone who is offering a service, and will no longer offering it can't remove the listing, or request the listing to be removed, then they should not be offering to do any work in the first place.

Additionally, if customers can post comments about their experience with the members service, (quality, price, etc.) that would help keep the quality up.

One mistake that people who work at a shop make is that they think they can do some personal work on the side, but that not a good business model, it never works out in the long run, I say only members who own the machines, and that have control over work flow should be offering to take on other members projects, but that is just MOP.

Again, this was just a thought, if the logistics or politics are too tricky that’s cool, I'm not looking to add more BS to anyone’s life lol.
OM616
07-11-2012, 11:12 AM #5

(07-10-2012, 09:11 PM)aaa Personally I think it's a great idea. We'd need a way to keep it up to date though, as the services drop over time.

I agree, there are several of us with similar capabilities but in different parts of the country, so location of the member would be important for someone looking to have something done.

As far as keeping it current, this would be a business transaction and members would be intrusting someone they have not met with their property, so if someone who is offering a service, and will no longer offering it can't remove the listing, or request the listing to be removed, then they should not be offering to do any work in the first place.

Additionally, if customers can post comments about their experience with the members service, (quality, price, etc.) that would help keep the quality up.

One mistake that people who work at a shop make is that they think they can do some personal work on the side, but that not a good business model, it never works out in the long run, I say only members who own the machines, and that have control over work flow should be offering to take on other members projects, but that is just MOP.

Again, this was just a thought, if the logistics or politics are too tricky that’s cool, I'm not looking to add more BS to anyone’s life lol.

Simpler=Better
PORTED HEAD

07-11-2012, 11:56 AM #6
(07-11-2012, 11:12 AM)OM616 One mistake that people who work at a shop make is that they think they can do some personal work on the side, but that not a good business model, it never works out in the long run, I say only members who own the machines, and that have control over work flow should be offering to take on other members projects, but that is just MOP.

I see it as more of a favor type thing, and a little cash to cover the trouble.

How about a Special work / tools / etc section on the forums? They have one over at CF and it works well. Put up an ad of what you need done, guys with time/ machines reply.

Simpler=Better
07-11-2012, 11:56 AM #6

(07-11-2012, 11:12 AM)OM616 One mistake that people who work at a shop make is that they think they can do some personal work on the side, but that not a good business model, it never works out in the long run, I say only members who own the machines, and that have control over work flow should be offering to take on other members projects, but that is just MOP.

How about a Special work / tools / etc section on the forums? They have one over at CF and it works well. Put up an ad of what you need done, guys with time/ machines reply.

OM616
10mm MW

07-11-2012, 01:35 PM #7
(07-11-2012, 11:56 AM)Simpler=Better

That may be a better idea. If there is a good example of a format that works well, why not copy it! lol

I was thinking that how I put that sounded stuck up, was not my intension. I have seen too many times that someone takes advantage of their access to equipment and the boss catches them and puts an end to it mid way through a job, which creates a bad vibe. I like your idea of posting a need and those that can do it respond, that way it is less likely for someone to get more work than they can handle.

It really does not matter to me how it is executed, I just thought it would be a win win win.
OM616
07-11-2012, 01:35 PM #7

(07-11-2012, 11:56 AM)Simpler=Better

That may be a better idea. If there is a good example of a format that works well, why not copy it! lol

I was thinking that how I put that sounded stuck up, was not my intension. I have seen too many times that someone takes advantage of their access to equipment and the boss catches them and puts an end to it mid way through a job, which creates a bad vibe. I like your idea of posting a need and those that can do it respond, that way it is less likely for someone to get more work than they can handle.

It really does not matter to me how it is executed, I just thought it would be a win win win.

Greazzer
Superturbo

07-12-2012, 07:26 AM #8
Howdy,

I do injectors on the side. I believe I have a proven track record with dozens and dozens of 4 & 5 sets rebuilt. So far, 100% customer satisfaction. I charge a very competitive $50 per set plus $10 postage ($200 insurance, tracking, priority mail thru USPS). General turn around time is 48 hours (that's a full 48 hours). If you end up getting new nozzles within 1 year, I do a re-do for $25.00 plus postage (must be same injector bodies). Thanks. Greazzer, Columbia, SC

Ninth Year Anniversary with STD on 1-9-2020

visit:  www.dieselfuelinjector.guru

Project 2018: Really get the car finished -- Turbo OM617 greater than 175 MPH goal.

RED W123 - left Germany as 240D in 1982.  Full AMG body kit less rear apron, 2:65LSD, five speed Getrag 717.400, manual steering, read leather interior, manual brake conversion, electric water pump (EWP), and a bunch of other goodies ...
Greazzer
07-12-2012, 07:26 AM #8

Howdy,

I do injectors on the side. I believe I have a proven track record with dozens and dozens of 4 & 5 sets rebuilt. So far, 100% customer satisfaction. I charge a very competitive $50 per set plus $10 postage ($200 insurance, tracking, priority mail thru USPS). General turn around time is 48 hours (that's a full 48 hours). If you end up getting new nozzles within 1 year, I do a re-do for $25.00 plus postage (must be same injector bodies). Thanks. Greazzer, Columbia, SC

Project 2018: Really get the car finished -- Turbo OM617 greater than 175 MPH goal.

RED W123 - left Germany as 240D in 1982.  Full AMG body kit less rear apron, 2:65LSD, five speed Getrag 717.400, manual steering, read leather interior, manual brake conversion, electric water pump (EWP), and a bunch of other goodies ...

martureo
GTA2056V

07-12-2012, 09:56 PM #9
Hey guys.

I rebuild/reseal/adjust w123 and w126 power steering boxes.

After debating the pricing for awhile and getting yelled at for having too low a price by my wife each box is $135 with a $45 core. Shipping on average is $30 (no, they won't fit in the flat rate boxes).

I'm pretty flexible on when I get cores back and I'll be bringing boxes to any MBZ event I go to. I also travel to Florida every summer, the Eastern Shor of Maryland, the York, PA area and to the South of Chicago and could be talked into bringing a box along.

If anyone has interest in any other box types I'd be interested in trying to expand my range. Right now I'm looking forward to adjusting Greazzer's w123 2 generation mechanical box.

If you're interested in what exactly happens you can check out the "Reconditioning of Steering Gear" section in the w123 FSM or look at Army's thread here on PP. (great pictures)

1983 300TD
1984 300D
1995 E300 (sold)
martureo
07-12-2012, 09:56 PM #9

Hey guys.

I rebuild/reseal/adjust w123 and w126 power steering boxes.

After debating the pricing for awhile and getting yelled at for having too low a price by my wife each box is $135 with a $45 core. Shipping on average is $30 (no, they won't fit in the flat rate boxes).

I'm pretty flexible on when I get cores back and I'll be bringing boxes to any MBZ event I go to. I also travel to Florida every summer, the Eastern Shor of Maryland, the York, PA area and to the South of Chicago and could be talked into bringing a box along.

If anyone has interest in any other box types I'd be interested in trying to expand my range. Right now I'm looking forward to adjusting Greazzer's w123 2 generation mechanical box.

If you're interested in what exactly happens you can check out the "Reconditioning of Steering Gear" section in the w123 FSM or look at Army's thread here on PP. (great pictures)

1983 300TD
1984 300D
1995 E300 (sold)

sassparilla_kid
diesel > all other fuels

07-14-2012, 06:15 PM #10
I'm just wondering, if anybody who has experience would be interested in doing the pre-combustion chamber mods? To me it seems like something some people might be interested in. Just my $.02

-1982 300D Turbo, 280k miles, ALDA apparently maxxed, fram 8038, 12 lbs boost, non-egr manifolds, W/M injection, 4 brake light mod, Gen II w126 front rotors/calipers, 4-speed swap
In the works: A/W IC, adjust pump, turbo rebuild (w/60 trim comp wheel)
-1980 300SD, 110k, project car. Goal is to get it lookin' like it did on the showroom floor (body and interior wise, not necessarily under the hood )
-1974 240D, FRESH PAINT!!!!!!
sassparilla_kid
07-14-2012, 06:15 PM #10

I'm just wondering, if anybody who has experience would be interested in doing the pre-combustion chamber mods? To me it seems like something some people might be interested in. Just my $.02

-1982 300D Turbo, 280k miles, ALDA apparently maxxed, fram 8038, 12 lbs boost, non-egr manifolds, W/M injection, 4 brake light mod, Gen II w126 front rotors/calipers, 4-speed swap
In the works: A/W IC, adjust pump, turbo rebuild (w/60 trim comp wheel)
-1980 300SD, 110k, project car. Goal is to get it lookin' like it did on the showroom floor (body and interior wise, not necessarily under the hood )
-1974 240D, FRESH PAINT!!!!!!

Purplecomputer
Slowness 220D

07-26-2012, 12:36 PM #11
anyone fix A/C's? do mine for a 6pack of your favorite beer please
Purplecomputer
07-26-2012, 12:36 PM #11

anyone fix A/C's? do mine for a 6pack of your favorite beer please

Captain America
Boostin' & Roostin'

07-31-2012, 12:22 AM #12
(07-11-2012, 11:56 AM)Simpler=Better ... Put up an ad of what you need done, guys with time/ machines reply.

I think this can work out great!

I myself can TIG weld small steel and aluminum parts, and if your local to SoCal, I can do big stuff including fabrication.

Some of my work

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=...e308d983ed

1982 300D Turbo ... 3,6xxlbs, No fan, No AC, Hood Stack, No ALDA, No rear bumper and stuffed front, A/W Intercooled, Injectors by Greezer and HUGE Pre-Chambers with help from OM616 & Simpler=Better, Fuel Cranked up, 60 Trim Compressor wheel, EGT, EMP, Boost 50" Rigid Radius bar on roof Aux tank for a total of 48 Gal Of Diesel! Odyssey PC-1750 Battery in trunk, 27"x8.5"/R14 Maxxis BigHorn Mud Terrains, In June '14 issue of Off Road Mag

AX15 Jeep Trans swap in progress....

Captain America
07-31-2012, 12:22 AM #12

(07-11-2012, 11:56 AM)Simpler=Better ... Put up an ad of what you need done, guys with time/ machines reply.

I think this can work out great!

I myself can TIG weld small steel and aluminum parts, and if your local to SoCal, I can do big stuff including fabrication.

Some of my work

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=...e308d983ed

1982 300D Turbo ... 3,6xxlbs, No fan, No AC, Hood Stack, No ALDA, No rear bumper and stuffed front, A/W Intercooled, Injectors by Greezer and HUGE Pre-Chambers with help from OM616 & Simpler=Better, Fuel Cranked up, 60 Trim Compressor wheel, EGT, EMP, Boost 50" Rigid Radius bar on roof Aux tank for a total of 48 Gal Of Diesel! Odyssey PC-1750 Battery in trunk, 27"x8.5"/R14 Maxxis BigHorn Mud Terrains, In June '14 issue of Off Road Mag

AX15 Jeep Trans swap in progress....

winmutt
bitbanger

10-08-2012, 12:47 PM #13
I think this is a great idea. I will post an official thread and take submissions via PM. Any verified complaints with listees and you will get revoked!

1987 300D Sturmmachine
1991 300D Nearly Perfect
1985 300D Weekend/Camping/Dog car
1974 L508D Motoroam Monarch "NightMare"
OBK #42
winmutt
10-08-2012, 12:47 PM #13

I think this is a great idea. I will post an official thread and take submissions via PM. Any verified complaints with listees and you will get revoked!

1987 300D Sturmmachine
1991 300D Nearly Perfect
1985 300D Weekend/Camping/Dog car
1974 L508D Motoroam Monarch "NightMare"
OBK #42

Greazzer
Superturbo

10-09-2012, 08:27 AM #14
Any leads on any folks who do or know of ceramic coating companies ? NOT HOT JETT ! Too pricey

Greazzer
10-09-2012, 08:27 AM #14

Any leads on any folks who do or know of ceramic coating companies ? NOT HOT JETT ! Too pricey

Simpler=Better
PORTED HEAD

10-09-2012, 09:55 AM #15
(10-09-2012, 08:27 AM)Greazzer Any leads on any folks who do or know of ceramic coating companies ? NOT HOT JETT ! Too pricey

Just wrap it up! I've been running el cheapo generic wrap on my Ninja. It has thin, single-walled aftermarket pipes that were a little rusty when I put it on , and I forgot to paint it. Been running for 3 years, hot/cold/hot/cold/rain/hot/cold/etc. The only trick is to let it idle for a bit and dry after driving in the rain. I'll be wrapping my DD's manifold and pipes next chance I get.

Simpler=Better
10-09-2012, 09:55 AM #15

(10-09-2012, 08:27 AM)Greazzer Any leads on any folks who do or know of ceramic coating companies ? NOT HOT JETT ! Too pricey

Just wrap it up! I've been running el cheapo generic wrap on my Ninja. It has thin, single-walled aftermarket pipes that were a little rusty when I put it on , and I forgot to paint it. Been running for 3 years, hot/cold/hot/cold/rain/hot/cold/etc. The only trick is to let it idle for a bit and dry after driving in the rain. I'll be wrapping my DD's manifold and pipes next chance I get.

w123love
Stockish

10-09-2012, 11:33 AM #16
Olympic Coatings in Escondido, (San Diego) CA. They did mine, and were cheap.

if it don’t blow black...take it back.

1982 300TDT 4 Speed 196K Standard Beige “VEGEWGN”. 300GD FW. Walbro FRC-8 Fuel Pump. ZadaTech LCD Boost, EGT, & Fuel Pressure gauge. Non-EGR Exhaust and Intake Manifold. 3/2 Valves gone. Soon to have Elsbett WVO conversion
1981 300D 314K Midnight Blue “The Blue Car”, Lovecrap system, owned 25 years+
1985 300TD White 198K “Betty White” Pure beauty

The VEGEWGN
w123love
10-09-2012, 11:33 AM #16

Olympic Coatings in Escondido, (San Diego) CA. They did mine, and were cheap.

if it don’t blow black...take it back.

1982 300TDT 4 Speed 196K Standard Beige “VEGEWGN”. 300GD FW. Walbro FRC-8 Fuel Pump. ZadaTech LCD Boost, EGT, & Fuel Pressure gauge. Non-EGR Exhaust and Intake Manifold. 3/2 Valves gone. Soon to have Elsbett WVO conversion
1981 300D 314K Midnight Blue “The Blue Car”, Lovecrap system, owned 25 years+
1985 300TD White 198K “Betty White” Pure beauty

The VEGEWGN

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average