STD Tuning Engine 1985 300TD Wagon head reassembly & installation

1985 300TD Wagon head reassembly & installation

1985 300TD Wagon head reassembly & installation

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

MacDoe
Naturally-aspirated

07-08-2012, 07:28 PM #1
Hello, I am reassembling the head on an 85 300 td wagon and have lost the mark on the gear that drives the sls pump. I cannot remember which way the gear faces out. The gear itself is slightly different from one side to the other and I would like to put it back the same way it came out for chain wear reasons. One side of the gear has a rough sand cast finish in the middle and the other side is machined to a more smooth finish with two center punch marks on either side of the splined hole in the center of the gear. Anyone know which side faces out and which side faces in. Thanks. I have looked in the service manual and it does not mention it....at least where I looked.
This post was last modified: 07-09-2012, 12:20 PM by MacDoe.
MacDoe
07-08-2012, 07:28 PM #1

Hello, I am reassembling the head on an 85 300 td wagon and have lost the mark on the gear that drives the sls pump. I cannot remember which way the gear faces out. The gear itself is slightly different from one side to the other and I would like to put it back the same way it came out for chain wear reasons. One side of the gear has a rough sand cast finish in the middle and the other side is machined to a more smooth finish with two center punch marks on either side of the splined hole in the center of the gear. Anyone know which side faces out and which side faces in. Thanks. I have looked in the service manual and it does not mention it....at least where I looked.

aaa
GT2256V

07-08-2012, 07:56 PM #2
Here are some camshaft pics:
http://www.peachparts.com/shopforum/dies...etc-2.html
aaa
07-08-2012, 07:56 PM #2

Here are some camshaft pics:
http://www.peachparts.com/shopforum/dies...etc-2.html

MacDoe
Naturally-aspirated

07-09-2012, 02:41 AM #3
Thanks for the link, although I cannot see the pictures of the sls pump drive gear which is the gear I am looking to orientate correctly.
MacDoe
07-09-2012, 02:41 AM #3

Thanks for the link, although I cannot see the pictures of the sls pump drive gear which is the gear I am looking to orientate correctly.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average