STD Tuning Engine om602 direct injection

om602 direct injection

om602 direct injection

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

raudmees
Naturally-aspirated

07-01-2012, 01:38 PM #1
Hi

I'm wondering if someone have any info regarding the direct injected version of the om602 from e290 turbodiesel.
The problem with rust on the w210 makes them quite affordable for a donor car.
Is there any known problem with this engine?
I have read something about leaking headgasket on cyl 1 and a belt tensioner that needs replacing once in a while, but other than that they seems to live quite long.

I am thinking about a geländewagen with a conversion to this engine mainly because of the nice torque in low rpms, but I want to know if some upgrades are possible to make. Also will a automatic gearbox from w210 hold, or should I get a manual gearbox from a Sprinter?
The route to go is probably straight forward, change the injectors for more fuel and maybe fit new turbo, preferably to one with vnt and of course a nice remap.
Dont know about the IP, but vag tdi IP's are usually enough for quite much power in both 4 and 5 cylinder engines.
I would like to keep the electronic management instead of going mechanical IP, so who is the right person to remap the engine with new nozzles and turbo?
raudmees
07-01-2012, 01:38 PM #1

Hi

I'm wondering if someone have any info regarding the direct injected version of the om602 from e290 turbodiesel.
The problem with rust on the w210 makes them quite affordable for a donor car.
Is there any known problem with this engine?
I have read something about leaking headgasket on cyl 1 and a belt tensioner that needs replacing once in a while, but other than that they seems to live quite long.

I am thinking about a geländewagen with a conversion to this engine mainly because of the nice torque in low rpms, but I want to know if some upgrades are possible to make. Also will a automatic gearbox from w210 hold, or should I get a manual gearbox from a Sprinter?
The route to go is probably straight forward, change the injectors for more fuel and maybe fit new turbo, preferably to one with vnt and of course a nice remap.
Dont know about the IP, but vag tdi IP's are usually enough for quite much power in both 4 and 5 cylinder engines.
I would like to keep the electronic management instead of going mechanical IP, so who is the right person to remap the engine with new nozzles and turbo?

aaa
GT2256V

07-01-2012, 02:03 PM #2
Usually changing the injectors isn't what gives you more fuel, it's changing the pump that does it. Which pump does it have?
aaa
07-01-2012, 02:03 PM #2

Usually changing the injectors isn't what gives you more fuel, it's changing the pump that does it. Which pump does it have?

raudmees
Naturally-aspirated

07-01-2012, 02:08 PM #3
(07-01-2012, 02:03 PM)aaa Usually changing the injectors isn't what gives you more fuel, it's changing the pump that does it. Which pump does it have?

This engine has a rotary pump of the type vp37, same as in the earlier vag tdi.
And in the vag cars is usually the nozzles that sets the limit.
I know its a bit different from the prechamber engines that is the main subject here.
But I should maybe ask the question in a tdi forum instead.
raudmees
07-01-2012, 02:08 PM #3

(07-01-2012, 02:03 PM)aaa Usually changing the injectors isn't what gives you more fuel, it's changing the pump that does it. Which pump does it have?

This engine has a rotary pump of the type vp37, same as in the earlier vag tdi.
And in the vag cars is usually the nozzles that sets the limit.
I know its a bit different from the prechamber engines that is the main subject here.
But I should maybe ask the question in a tdi forum instead.

aaa
GT2256V

07-01-2012, 02:11 PM #4
Let us know how it works it in either case.
aaa
07-01-2012, 02:11 PM #4

Let us know how it works it in either case.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average