STD Other FS / WTB / Buying guides FS- VW 4 lug rims that look kinda like Ronal R9s -200 bucks or maybe a trade

FS- VW 4 lug rims that look kinda like Ronal R9s -200 bucks or maybe a trade

FS- VW 4 lug rims that look kinda like Ronal R9s -200 bucks or maybe a trade

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

JB3
Superturbo

06-27-2012, 10:01 AM #1
So, I have these 4 rims, 4x108 bolt pattern for a VW or audi application.

Ive spent a bunch of money buying them, refinishing them, mounting up excellent used tires, having them sticky balanced, and now im all dressed up for the ball, and the car they were for was sold looooonnnggg ago.

Since then, ive discovered that the 80s german aftermarked brand these rims are, ATF, is almost unknown to VW and audi guys, and i havent been able to even get a whiff of interest trying to sell them, and here we are. Big Grin Its like trying to sell a shirt from K-mart to a guy who only wears FUBU plastered all over his body.

They LOOK very much like Ronal R9 rims, which would have been on the 80s AMGs and such.

If you are a machinist, you can make an adapter, or redrill the pattern or whatnot. But they are for sale for 200 bucks, which is less than the powdercoating process alone I have into them.

pics and info about the adapters here-

http://www.superturbodiesel.com/std/thread-3700.html

200 bucks if you are interested in starting a weird project, or shipping only for an interesting item, and whatever shipping cost would be. Local pickup is no problem. I just don't need them.

I am looking for a 617 turbo motor that runs, if anyone has a motor laying around, but if you are interested, im always interested in a trade possibly, let me know what you may have.

The rims-

[Image: 008.jpg]

what a Ronal R9 looks like-

[Image: index.jpg]

Also, these things don't have center caps, so you could make a flat piece of steel or aluminum to fit (its a flat surface) and do whatever the heck you want. I was thinking about gluing some bundt centercaps or trunk MB stars to an aluminum sheet and screwing the sucker on, if I adapted the rims.

I can't promise that buying these rims from me will get you laid, but I can't say it won't either, so lets go with the positive outlook on what might happen.
This post was last modified: 06-27-2012, 10:09 AM by JB3.

1974 240D 617 turbo swap, W201 5-speed, in the works project
1983 240D 616 stock, DD
1989 Chevy Astro, 617 turbo swap, T5 5-speed, 4.56 diff, work van

JB3
06-27-2012, 10:01 AM #1

So, I have these 4 rims, 4x108 bolt pattern for a VW or audi application.

Ive spent a bunch of money buying them, refinishing them, mounting up excellent used tires, having them sticky balanced, and now im all dressed up for the ball, and the car they were for was sold looooonnnggg ago.

Since then, ive discovered that the 80s german aftermarked brand these rims are, ATF, is almost unknown to VW and audi guys, and i havent been able to even get a whiff of interest trying to sell them, and here we are. Big Grin Its like trying to sell a shirt from K-mart to a guy who only wears FUBU plastered all over his body.

They LOOK very much like Ronal R9 rims, which would have been on the 80s AMGs and such.

If you are a machinist, you can make an adapter, or redrill the pattern or whatnot. But they are for sale for 200 bucks, which is less than the powdercoating process alone I have into them.

pics and info about the adapters here-

http://www.superturbodiesel.com/std/thread-3700.html

200 bucks if you are interested in starting a weird project, or shipping only for an interesting item, and whatever shipping cost would be. Local pickup is no problem. I just don't need them.

I am looking for a 617 turbo motor that runs, if anyone has a motor laying around, but if you are interested, im always interested in a trade possibly, let me know what you may have.

The rims-

[Image: 008.jpg]

what a Ronal R9 looks like-

[Image: index.jpg]

Also, these things don't have center caps, so you could make a flat piece of steel or aluminum to fit (its a flat surface) and do whatever the heck you want. I was thinking about gluing some bundt centercaps or trunk MB stars to an aluminum sheet and screwing the sucker on, if I adapted the rims.

I can't promise that buying these rims from me will get you laid, but I can't say it won't either, so lets go with the positive outlook on what might happen.

1983 240D 616 stock, DD

JB3
Superturbo

09-10-2012, 11:10 AM #2
SOLD

weirdly, a guy bought them for a mid 90s volvo that to my surprise had a 4-lug pattern which I never knew. You learn something everyday

1983 240D 616 stock, DD

JB3
09-10-2012, 11:10 AM #2

SOLD

weirdly, a guy bought them for a mid 90s volvo that to my surprise had a 4-lug pattern which I never knew. You learn something everyday

1983 240D 616 stock, DD

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average