STD Other FS / WTB / Buying guides FS: REBUILT CYLINDER HEAD

FS: REBUILT CYLINDER HEAD

FS: REBUILT CYLINDER HEAD

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Greazzer
Superturbo

06-22-2012, 08:19 AM #1
Hello,

I am selling my cylinder head which I had completely rebuilt by Columbia's finest machine shop. And no, I do not work for them or getting any kickbacks. The head is for a turbo, OM 617.9XX engine application.

I will post some pictures shortly. It has been sitting in my garage in the same exact plastic wrap I go it in for about 9 months or so. I need to clear up my clutter and generate some cash. BUT, only serious inquiries please. I bring this up because someone already offered me $250.00 which is sort of annoying.

I am selling it at my costs and not a penny less. I will post all receipts. Postage will be high, about $100+ because it weighs about 90 pounds. Also, I will only ship it with insurance and the buyer will need to purchase that. $500 worth of insurance will bump the price by $12 or so.

It was totally rebuilt and I did save a decent amount of money by doing all the leg work, buying parts either from PP, Autohauz, et cet (ALL OEM -- no junk). So, you are getting my labor and time for free. I was able to convince the machine shop to permit to get the parts vs. whatever their bulk purchase system is. That way I was able to get name brand or the recommended brand, e.g., valve guides, chamber collar seals, et cet.

Thanks,

My email is Blevins_49@hotmail.com and I can email the scanned receipts, et cet.

Ninth Year Anniversary with STD on 1-9-2020

visit:  www.dieselfuelinjector.guru

Project 2018: Really get the car finished -- Turbo OM617 greater than 175 MPH goal.

RED W123 - left Germany as 240D in 1982.  Full AMG body kit less rear apron, 2:65LSD, five speed Getrag 717.400, manual steering, read leather interior, manual brake conversion, electric water pump (EWP), and a bunch of other goodies ...
Greazzer
06-22-2012, 08:19 AM #1

Hello,

I am selling my cylinder head which I had completely rebuilt by Columbia's finest machine shop. And no, I do not work for them or getting any kickbacks. The head is for a turbo, OM 617.9XX engine application.

I will post some pictures shortly. It has been sitting in my garage in the same exact plastic wrap I go it in for about 9 months or so. I need to clear up my clutter and generate some cash. BUT, only serious inquiries please. I bring this up because someone already offered me $250.00 which is sort of annoying.

I am selling it at my costs and not a penny less. I will post all receipts. Postage will be high, about $100+ because it weighs about 90 pounds. Also, I will only ship it with insurance and the buyer will need to purchase that. $500 worth of insurance will bump the price by $12 or so.

It was totally rebuilt and I did save a decent amount of money by doing all the leg work, buying parts either from PP, Autohauz, et cet (ALL OEM -- no junk). So, you are getting my labor and time for free. I was able to convince the machine shop to permit to get the parts vs. whatever their bulk purchase system is. That way I was able to get name brand or the recommended brand, e.g., valve guides, chamber collar seals, et cet.

Thanks,

My email is Blevins_49@hotmail.com and I can email the scanned receipts, et cet.

Project 2018: Really get the car finished -- Turbo OM617 greater than 175 MPH goal.

RED W123 - left Germany as 240D in 1982.  Full AMG body kit less rear apron, 2:65LSD, five speed Getrag 717.400, manual steering, read leather interior, manual brake conversion, electric water pump (EWP), and a bunch of other goodies ...

Simpler=Better
PORTED HEAD

06-22-2012, 08:43 AM #2
FYI on pricing-when I pulled my head to port it I paid $380 to have it hot tanked, cleaned, inspected, new valve guides&seals installed (I supplied the guides&seals), and the valves re-seated.
This post was last modified: 06-22-2012, 08:44 AM by Simpler=Better.

Newbie-read this: Cheap Tricks
617.952-220k-Getting built up
larsalan I guess I need to look at this stupid ass drip shit. What you have to like mess with those elements on the pump? What a fucking hassle. then use some wire to hold the throttle open or some shit?
Simpler=Better
06-22-2012, 08:43 AM #2

FYI on pricing-when I pulled my head to port it I paid $380 to have it hot tanked, cleaned, inspected, new valve guides&seals installed (I supplied the guides&seals), and the valves re-seated.

Newbie-read this: Cheap Tricks
617.952-220k-Getting built up
larsalan I guess I need to look at this stupid ass drip shit. What you have to like mess with those elements on the pump? What a fucking hassle. then use some wire to hold the throttle open or some shit?

Greazzer
Superturbo

06-22-2012, 08:51 AM #3
Yes, it got pricey ...

I hot tanked it, pressure checked it, complete disassemble, re-surfacing, new guides (I&E), combustion chambers pulled and new seals. It was built-up from the ground and everything replaced with OEM, name brand parts. The head itself was targeted at the Pull a Part because it appeared to be in great shape. A PITA to pull, but worth it. The "core", if you will, was $54.00. So, that is why the offer of $250.00 was annoying to me.

I still ended up with a better deal than Metric Motors pricing.

Greazzer
06-22-2012, 08:51 AM #3

Yes, it got pricey ...

I hot tanked it, pressure checked it, complete disassemble, re-surfacing, new guides (I&E), combustion chambers pulled and new seals. It was built-up from the ground and everything replaced with OEM, name brand parts. The head itself was targeted at the Pull a Part because it appeared to be in great shape. A PITA to pull, but worth it. The "core", if you will, was $54.00. So, that is why the offer of $250.00 was annoying to me.

I still ended up with a better deal than Metric Motors pricing.

Greazzer
Superturbo

07-21-2012, 10:19 AM #4
SOLD !

Greazzer
07-21-2012, 10:19 AM #4

SOLD !

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average