STD Tuning Engine idle problem

idle problem

idle problem

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

bmartins
GTA2056V

06-19-2012, 12:19 PM #1
Hello.
I own a W210 300TD 177hp with OM606.962 engine.
It has a problem....
When i rev it goes just fine, but when the engines comes from higher to lower rpms, near idle it stars shacking for 2/3 seconds and than stays fine till next rev!!!
does anyone knows what is happening here?
Thanks
bmartins
06-19-2012, 12:19 PM #1

Hello.
I own a W210 300TD 177hp with OM606.962 engine.
It has a problem....
When i rev it goes just fine, but when the engines comes from higher to lower rpms, near idle it stars shacking for 2/3 seconds and than stays fine till next rev!!!
does anyone knows what is happening here?
Thanks

Simpler=Better
PORTED HEAD

06-19-2012, 01:21 PM #2
What speed does the engine idle at? It sounds like the idle is set too low and causes the injection pump to hunt.

Newbie-read this: Cheap Tricks
617.952-220k-Getting built up
larsalan I guess I need to look at this stupid ass drip shit. What you have to like mess with those elements on the pump? What a fucking hassle. then use some wire to hold the throttle open or some shit?
Simpler=Better
06-19-2012, 01:21 PM #2

What speed does the engine idle at? It sounds like the idle is set too low and causes the injection pump to hunt.

Newbie-read this: Cheap Tricks
617.952-220k-Getting built up
larsalan I guess I need to look at this stupid ass drip shit. What you have to like mess with those elements on the pump? What a fucking hassle. then use some wire to hold the throttle open or some shit?

bmartins
GTA2056V

06-19-2012, 03:05 PM #3
the idle is about 800rpms
bmartins
06-19-2012, 03:05 PM #3

the idle is about 800rpms

Alastair E
Moderator?--Nah...

06-19-2012, 03:13 PM #4
Change fuel-filter and replace ALL the 'O' rings on the plastic fuel-lines and stop-solenoid on side of injection-pump.

There's even a 'Kit' of 'O' rings available on fleagay for these....

VERY common for these to leak in air when running....

[Image: 300TDnoplate.jpg]
Alastair E
06-19-2012, 03:13 PM #4

Change fuel-filter and replace ALL the 'O' rings on the plastic fuel-lines and stop-solenoid on side of injection-pump.

There's even a 'Kit' of 'O' rings available on fleagay for these....

VERY common for these to leak in air when running....

[Image: 300TDnoplate.jpg]

bmartins
GTA2056V

06-19-2012, 03:43 PM #5
Fuel filter has 900kms..
the o´rings were all changed, even the pre fuel filter....
But i do not understand what is the "stop-solenoid on side of injection-pump"....
Do you have a photo of it?
Thanks for all

ok i already know what it is....i googled it...
What should it do?
The car is from 1997 but it has only 133000kms...
This post was last modified: 06-19-2012, 03:50 PM by bmartins.
bmartins
06-19-2012, 03:43 PM #5

Fuel filter has 900kms..
the o´rings were all changed, even the pre fuel filter....
But i do not understand what is the "stop-solenoid on side of injection-pump"....
Do you have a photo of it?
Thanks for all

ok i already know what it is....i googled it...
What should it do?
The car is from 1997 but it has only 133000kms...

plurkje
turbodiesel

06-21-2012, 04:32 PM #6
To me, it sounds like one or two delivery valves don't close the way it should. I once had something simular, it turn out the spring on top of one delivery valve was broken. Are the injectors still in tune? Is the EGR still in function?
plurkje
06-21-2012, 04:32 PM #6

To me, it sounds like one or two delivery valves don't close the way it should. I once had something simular, it turn out the spring on top of one delivery valve was broken. Are the injectors still in tune? Is the EGR still in function?

bmartins
GTA2056V

06-26-2012, 10:16 AM #7
Hello.
the injectors are fine....
The EGR is working properly...
I do not know what to do..
thanks
bmartins
06-26-2012, 10:16 AM #7

Hello.
thanks

tomnik
Holset

06-26-2012, 12:32 PM #8
Hi,

open the injector line one after the other and see where the idle does not change much. This cylinder might have an issue.
Next change the injector from this cylinder to another cylinder and see if the issue follows the injector or stays with the cylinder.
Report back.

Tom

(06-26-2012, 10:16 AM)bmartins Hello.
thanks
tomnik
06-26-2012, 12:32 PM #8

Hi,

open the injector line one after the other and see where the idle does not change much. This cylinder might have an issue.
Next change the injector from this cylinder to another cylinder and see if the issue follows the injector or stays with the cylinder.
Report back.

Tom

(06-26-2012, 10:16 AM)bmartins Hello.
thanks

barrote
Superturbo

06-28-2012, 05:54 AM #9
hello fine people,
well for comrade Martins i´m having the same problem in a 605. exact the same problem. sometimes when rev down from high RPM it seems like the idle governor is not able to keep the engine at idle, and rev´s to about 500/600 and then goes back to the regular 800/1000.
in the past i had an air leak in fuel system, and besides doing this, the engine stalled at 3k or around , or when effort was needed. lesson learned if u don't see bubbles in the IP supply line " is not air leak".
bet if u replace the pre filter that will stop.

for Tomnik , well my engine is running for 80k on several types of fuel mixed with Jet A or diesel of bad quality, the best i found till now is engine oil plus diesel or jet A at 50/50.
the other day replacing a glow plug i saw that a huge mess was on happening prechambers, so i don't think my case is correlated with martins.
Do anyone have an idea of what used engine oil can do to IP? injectors , well injection system?
About the lift pump, do they last for ever? what min pressure should be expected at IP inlet?
thanks
FD

FD,
Powered by tractor fuel
barrote
06-28-2012, 05:54 AM #9

hello fine people,
well for comrade Martins i´m having the same problem in a 605. exact the same problem. sometimes when rev down from high RPM it seems like the idle governor is not able to keep the engine at idle, and rev´s to about 500/600 and then goes back to the regular 800/1000.
in the past i had an air leak in fuel system, and besides doing this, the engine stalled at 3k or around , or when effort was needed. lesson learned if u don't see bubbles in the IP supply line " is not air leak".
bet if u replace the pre filter that will stop.

for Tomnik , well my engine is running for 80k on several types of fuel mixed with Jet A or diesel of bad quality, the best i found till now is engine oil plus diesel or jet A at 50/50.
the other day replacing a glow plug i saw that a huge mess was on happening prechambers, so i don't think my case is correlated with martins.
Do anyone have an idea of what used engine oil can do to IP? injectors , well injection system?
About the lift pump, do they last for ever? what min pressure should be expected at IP inlet?
thanks
FD

FD,
Powered by tractor fuel

tomnik
Holset

06-29-2012, 07:05 PM #10
Hi FD,

used engine oil will do almost nothing to the IP but will plug your filter.
As long as you use your filter nothing will harm your IP except some citric or other stuff.

BTW., what happened to your pre chamber?

Cheers,

Tom
tomnik
06-29-2012, 07:05 PM #10

Hi FD,

used engine oil will do almost nothing to the IP but will plug your filter.
As long as you use your filter nothing will harm your IP except some citric or other stuff.

BTW., what happened to your pre chamber?

Cheers,

Tom

barrote
Superturbo

07-02-2012, 12:00 AM #11
Hy Tom,
yes i have filter and use to filter this "fuel" before having it in the tank. something is going on in that engine is not powerfull as it was even when back to diesel 100%. maybe is something with the control chain, just can guess.
the prechambers well i´m not sure about whats inside, but there was very strange matter in the glow plug, more than it should.
BTW is possible to remove PC with the cylinder head in place? is a 605.
where can i find a repair shop manual for this engine?
thanks

FD,
Powered by tractor fuel
barrote
07-02-2012, 12:00 AM #11

Hy Tom,
yes i have filter and use to filter this "fuel" before having it in the tank. something is going on in that engine is not powerfull as it was even when back to diesel 100%. maybe is something with the control chain, just can guess.
the prechambers well i´m not sure about whats inside, but there was very strange matter in the glow plug, more than it should.
thanks

FD,
Powered by tractor fuel

tomnik
Holset

07-02-2012, 04:40 AM #12
Hi,

you can check the PC visually when the injector is removed. Check if the "ball" is in place and (using a screw driver) fix.
I don't know the 605 engine well but the PC should come out by using a pull hammer (remove the glow plug before).

I have issues with filter even filtered before with only 5 % engine oil. The black stuff is sitting at the bottom like mud even when passing the 2 micron filter before.

What was/is the issue with the glow plug you mention?

Tom

(07-02-2012, 12:00 AM)barrote Hy Tom,
thanks
tomnik
07-02-2012, 04:40 AM #12

Hi,

you can check the PC visually when the injector is removed. Check if the "ball" is in place and (using a screw driver) fix.
I don't know the 605 engine well but the PC should come out by using a pull hammer (remove the glow plug before).

I have issues with filter even filtered before with only 5 % engine oil. The black stuff is sitting at the bottom like mud even when passing the 2 micron filter before.

What was/is the issue with the glow plug you mention?

Tom

(07-02-2012, 12:00 AM)barrote Hy Tom,
thanks

barrote
Superturbo

07-02-2012, 06:49 AM #13
hy there,
The glow plug showed a lot of carbon plus white and yellow stuff around it, which is not common, i mean i should not be there a that quantity. diesel in Europe is free from sulfur.
well u might have the same problem i had with that black stuff, make a strait hole in the tank (eliminate tank pre filter) and get a 100 micron net and build a small filter that u can remove every now and then, the black stuff in the tank is there and u have to get it out to prevent clogging of the main fuel filter , get the fluid hot enough to burn. that´s all.
by the way u know anyone that has a repair book for that engine?
in your opinion is possible to control VNT through boost pressure and back pressure?

FD,