STD Other Open egypt. army.

egypt. army.

egypt. army.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

lgreeley83
Mr. Rumbles

06-16-2012, 10:38 PM #1
Guys who don't know, I'm still in the Army national guard in Illinois. I am going to Egypt in July. Leaving my family, friends, and car for 10 months. Sad and happy. Should be a decent mission and maybe find some decent parts to ship home.

I am hoping to network some African continent parts to you guys. Me personally I want some springs.

Really just wanna say thanks for your help over the past few months. My knowledge has increased exponentially. What a great site full of active contributors. You may know by now I get a bit sentimental. Just want to show gratitude for all help given on here.

" straighten up that star on the grill, assholes."

lgreeley83
06-16-2012, 10:38 PM #1

Guys who don't know, I'm still in the Army national guard in Illinois. I am going to Egypt in July. Leaving my family, friends, and car for 10 months. Sad and happy. Should be a decent mission and maybe find some decent parts to ship home.

I am hoping to network some African continent parts to you guys. Me personally I want some springs.

Really just wanna say thanks for your help over the past few months. My knowledge has increased exponentially. What a great site full of active contributors. You may know by now I get a bit sentimental. Just want to show gratitude for all help given on here.

w123love
Stockish

06-16-2012, 10:50 PM #2
Dude you have no debt to us...we are in debt to you and thank you for your service.

(even though you are ANG not Navy Big Grin)

if it don’t blow black...take it back.

1982 300TDT 4 Speed 196K Standard Beige “VEGEWGN”. 300GD FW. Walbro FRC-8 Fuel Pump. ZadaTech LCD Boost, EGT, & Fuel Pressure gauge. Non-EGR Exhaust and Intake Manifold. 3/2 Valves gone. Soon to have Elsbett WVO conversion
1981 300D 314K Midnight Blue “The Blue Car”, Lovecrap system, owned 25 years+
1985 300TD White 198K “Betty White” Pure beauty

The VEGEWGN
w123love
06-16-2012, 10:50 PM #2

Dude you have no debt to us...we are in debt to you and thank you for your service.

(even though you are ANG not Navy Big Grin)

if it don’t blow black...take it back.

1982 300TDT 4 Speed 196K Standard Beige “VEGEWGN”. 300GD FW. Walbro FRC-8 Fuel Pump. ZadaTech LCD Boost, EGT, & Fuel Pressure gauge. Non-EGR Exhaust and Intake Manifold. 3/2 Valves gone. Soon to have Elsbett WVO conversion
1981 300D 314K Midnight Blue “The Blue Car”, Lovecrap system, owned 25 years+
1985 300TD White 198K “Betty White” Pure beauty

The VEGEWGN

Purplecomputer
Slowness 220D

06-17-2012, 01:06 PM #3
(06-16-2012, 10:38 PM)lgreeley83 Guys who don't know, I'm still in the Army national guard in Illinois. I am going to Egypt in July. Leaving my family, friends, and car for 10 months. Sad and happy. Should be a decent mission and maybe find some decent parts to ship home.

Good luck over there dude!

thanks for the service you provide!

speaking about parts, I too would also like some springs, let us know what you come by. From what I have read these cars were used frequently as taxis so i feel like you'll have no issue finding parts.
Purplecomputer
06-17-2012, 01:06 PM #3

(06-16-2012, 10:38 PM)lgreeley83 Guys who don't know, I'm still in the Army national guard in Illinois. I am going to Egypt in July. Leaving my family, friends, and car for 10 months. Sad and happy. Should be a decent mission and maybe find some decent parts to ship home.

Good luck over there dude!

thanks for the service you provide!

speaking about parts, I too would also like some springs, let us know what you come by. From what I have read these cars were used frequently as taxis so i feel like you'll have no issue finding parts.

sassparilla_kid
diesel > all other fuels

06-17-2012, 01:58 PM #4
No need to thank! Have fun over there and I hope everything turns out all right!

I have a friend who's uncle was in Egypt for about 4 months a year ago for some business related stuff and from what I hear he had a good time over there, so I'm guessing you probably will to

-1982 300D Turbo, 280k miles, ALDA apparently maxxed, fram 8038, 12 lbs boost, non-egr manifolds, W/M injection, 4 brake light mod, Gen II w126 front rotors/calipers, 4-speed swap
In the works: A/W IC, adjust pump, turbo rebuild (w/60 trim comp wheel)
-1980 300SD, 110k, project car. Goal is to get it lookin' like it did on the showroom floor (body and interior wise, not necessarily under the hood )
-1974 240D, FRESH PAINT!!!!!!
sassparilla_kid
06-17-2012, 01:58 PM #4

No need to thank! Have fun over there and I hope everything turns out all right!

I have a friend who's uncle was in Egypt for about 4 months a year ago for some business related stuff and from what I hear he had a good time over there, so I'm guessing you probably will to

-1982 300D Turbo, 280k miles, ALDA apparently maxxed, fram 8038, 12 lbs boost, non-egr manifolds, W/M injection, 4 brake light mod, Gen II w126 front rotors/calipers, 4-speed swap
-1980 300SD, 110k, project car. Goal is to get it lookin' like it did on the showroom floor (body and interior wise, not necessarily under the hood )

Kozuka
I'm_Badass

06-17-2012, 03:30 PM #5
Salute, you sir! Be safe and return home.

1983 300TD : 4 Speed : SLS Delete : More. Daily Deathcab
1987 190E/16v/OM603 : 5 Speed : SLS Delete : Lots More..W201 Project
Kozuka
06-17-2012, 03:30 PM #5

Salute, you sir! Be safe and return home.

1983 300TD : 4 Speed : SLS Delete : More. Daily Deathcab
1987 190E/16v/OM603 : 5 Speed : SLS Delete : Lots More..W201 Project

lgreeley83
Mr. Rumbles

06-17-2012, 11:27 PM #6
Thanks guys. I get a couple beers in me and the sentiments start spewing.

Not a sir yet, staff sergeant is my rank. I am environmental health. Make sure water is safe to drink, food safe to.eat, and keep the.bug borne illnesses at bay. Should be traveling all over and.hopefully time will go quick.

Them taxi cabs I.am hoping to.get a serious link on. Bring the Arab world.to this site and.maybe get some cool parts from across the pond. :-) few more weeks.

lgreeley83
06-17-2012, 11:27 PM #6

Thanks guys. I get a couple beers in me and the sentiments start spewing.

Not a sir yet, staff sergeant is my rank. I am environmental health. Make sure water is safe to drink, food safe to.eat, and keep the.bug borne illnesses at bay. Should be traveling all over and.hopefully time will go quick.

Them taxi cabs I.am hoping to.get a serious link on. Bring the Arab world.to this site and.maybe get some cool parts from across the pond. :-) few more weeks.

Simpler=Better
PORTED HEAD

06-18-2012, 09:12 AM #7
We NEED taxi dashes-think of what you can do with a factory molded spot for an LCD.

Good luck over there!

Newbie-read this: Cheap Tricks
617.952-220k-Getting built up
larsalan I guess I need to look at this stupid ass drip shit. What you have to like mess with those elements on the pump? What a fucking hassle. then use some wire to hold the throttle open or some shit?
Simpler=Better
06-18-2012, 09:12 AM #7

We NEED taxi dashes-think of what you can do with a factory molded spot for an LCD.

Good luck over there!

larsalan I guess I need to look at this stupid ass drip shit. What you have to like mess with those elements on the pump? What a fucking hassle. then use some wire to hold the throttle open or some shit?

lgreeley83
Mr. Rumbles

12-07-2012, 04:14 AM #8
Hey guys! I am at the half way point of my time here in Egypt. Busy as hell here on an old israeli air base. Perimeter breached once a while back but nothing bad. When Israel was raining missiles on gaza it sounded like a thunderstorm up here. I am about 10 miles from the gaza area in the upper NE sinai peninsula.

On to cars. This area has old mercs everywhere but due to the security posture I am not allowed to go off and hang out at junkyards on the weekend.

Lots of 190 models, ridiculous numbers of the limo/taxi models. I haven't seen many 240 or 300d. I have made connections with some of the egyptian nationals working on my base here and think I can probably get some parts. The only issue is things being lost in translation.

Any pics of this taxi dash I might be able to show?

heavy duty springs part number?

What else can I look for?

Remember I have to be able to tell this egyptian guys what to get me so we need to be very very specific.

lgreeley83
12-07-2012, 04:14 AM #8

Hey guys! I am at the half way point of my time here in Egypt. Busy as hell here on an old israeli air base. Perimeter breached once a while back but nothing bad. When Israel was raining missiles on gaza it sounded like a thunderstorm up here. I am about 10 miles from the gaza area in the upper NE sinai peninsula.

On to cars. This area has old mercs everywhere but due to the security posture I am not allowed to go off and hang out at junkyards on the weekend.

Lots of 190 models, ridiculous numbers of the limo/taxi models. I haven't seen many 240 or 300d. I have made connections with some of the egyptian nationals working on my base here and think I can probably get some parts. The only issue is things being lost in translation.

Any pics of this taxi dash I might be able to show?

heavy duty springs part number?

What else can I look for?

Remember I have to be able to tell this egyptian guys what to get me so we need to be very very specific.

Simpler=Better
PORTED HEAD

12-07-2012, 07:32 AM #9
Glad to hear your hangin' in there. How's the falafel? Big Grin

This is a w123 taxi dash:
[Image: 384214d1309465533t-taxi-one-please-origi...taxi-1.jpg]

[Image: teasert_taxie.JPG]

Forced's thread: http://www.superturbodiesel.com/std/thread-297.html

No idea on the heavy springs. If you can ship stuff cheaply, it might be worth your while to bring back some 5 speeds and euro bumpers.

Simpler=Better
12-07-2012, 07:32 AM #9

Glad to hear your hangin' in there. How's the falafel? Big Grin

This is a w123 taxi dash:
[Image: 384214d1309465533t-taxi-one-please-origi...taxi-1.jpg]

[Image: teasert_taxie.JPG]

Forced's thread: http://www.superturbodiesel.com/std/thread-297.html

No idea on the heavy springs. If you can ship stuff cheaply, it might be worth your while to bring back some 5 speeds and euro bumpers.

sassparilla_kid
diesel > all other fuels

12-07-2012, 03:33 PM #10
5 speeds!!!! lol

But seriously, glad to hear all is well
This post was last modified: 12-07-2012, 03:34 PM by sassparilla_kid.

sassparilla_kid
12-07-2012, 03:33 PM #10

5 speeds!!!! lol

But seriously, glad to hear all is well

lgreeley83
Mr. Rumbles

12-16-2012, 07:49 AM #11
Hey guys busy week on the road.

I chatted with my guy and he made it seems easy to get parts. I of course shouldn't get any hopes up for you yet....

the trans we wan't if we can find a bunch of them is the 717.400 right? I read somewhere that there is another one that will work as bolt in no welding or anythign

Needed would be the trans, flywheel, shifter and linkage, driveshaft if it came from a 300d. Maybe pedal stuff. Im pretty interested in the trans so I am working that with him first. Also going to send him a pic of the dash today.

lgreeley83
12-16-2012, 07:49 AM #11

Hey guys busy week on the road.

I chatted with my guy and he made it seems easy to get parts. I of course shouldn't get any hopes up for you yet....

the trans we wan't if we can find a bunch of them is the 717.400 right? I read somewhere that there is another one that will work as bolt in no welding or anythign

Needed would be the trans, flywheel, shifter and linkage, driveshaft if it came from a 300d. Maybe pedal stuff. Im pretty interested in the trans so I am working that with him first. Also going to send him a pic of the dash today.

Simpler=Better
PORTED HEAD

12-16-2012, 11:05 AM #12
Yeah ship a couple pallets of cheap transmissions back and you can be famous

Simpler=Better
12-16-2012, 11:05 AM #12

Yeah ship a couple pallets of cheap transmissions back and you can be famous

lgreeley83
Mr. Rumbles

12-17-2012, 09:13 AM #13
um...it would be alot easier to ship if I can get it under 70lbs. Is there a quick way I can take a shaft or something out and make the tranny significantly less in weight? ie two shipments for one trans? Looks like i may have a trans in a day or 2. Of course this will be my first trans I own that isn't attached to a car. I will likely play with it a bit and explore some internals.

The bulk weight can work too I just have to explore some other on base options. Fedex we have it just involves dealing with a whole other group of douchebags.

he has quoted me 300 bucks. for the trans

Oh and what is the weight of one? I have read a little under 80 lbs?
This post was last modified: 12-17-2012, 09:16 AM by lgreeley83.

lgreeley83
12-17-2012, 09:13 AM #13

um...it would be alot easier to ship if I can get it under 70lbs. Is there a quick way I can take a shaft or something out and make the tranny significantly less in weight? ie two shipments for one trans? Looks like i may have a trans in a day or 2. Of course this will be my first trans I own that isn't attached to a car. I will likely play with it a bit and explore some internals.

The bulk weight can work too I just have to explore some other on base options. Fedex we have it just involves dealing with a whole other group of douchebags.

he has quoted me 300 bucks. for the trans

Oh and what is the weight of one? I have read a little under 80 lbs?

Simpler=Better
PORTED HEAD

12-17-2012, 09:39 AM #14
300 for a 5 speed is a steal (make sure it some with 38# flywheel/clutch/PP)

Buuuut...here in 'murica I can get transmissions for $200 at the junkyard...maybe haggle? Dunno.

Can you find a cheap slow shipping method? crate it up and then have it take a month to get here?

Simpler=Better
12-17-2012, 09:39 AM #14

300 for a 5 speed is a steal (make sure it some with 38# flywheel/clutch/PP)

Buuuut...here in 'murica I can get transmissions for $200 at the junkyard...maybe haggle? Dunno.

Can you find a cheap slow shipping method? crate it up and then have it take a month to get here?

lgreeley83
Mr. Rumbles

12-17-2012, 11:51 AM #15
I agree I was hoping it would be a bit cheaper.

I think the goal is to get the weight down for shipping. The army postal limit is 70 lbs. That wouldn't be astronomical costing if I could do that. The other much less used option is fedex on base. No one ever uses it...I have to investigate cost through that but I assume it is higher.

lgreeley83
12-17-2012, 11:51 AM #15

I agree I was hoping it would be a bit cheaper.

I think the goal is to get the weight down for shipping. The army postal limit is 70 lbs. That wouldn't be astronomical costing if I could do that. The other much less used option is fedex on base. No one ever uses it...I have to investigate cost through that but I assume it is higher.

Greazzer
Superturbo

12-17-2012, 05:58 PM #16
Hey ...

Can you ship it from the APO/FPO from where you are at to Ft. Jackson, SC and just pay US Shipping rates ... IF SO ... THEN I GOT A TRADE IN MIND ! PM ME ! Plus, I could get this stuff super cheap postal rates and ship it within the USA, CONUS.

Ninth Year Anniversary with STD on 1-9-2020

visit:  www.dieselfuelinjector.guru

Project 2018: Really get the car finished -- Turbo OM617 greater than 175 MPH goal.

RED W123 - left Germany as 240D in 1982.  Full AMG body kit less rear apron, 2:65LSD, five speed Getrag 717.400, manual steering, read leather interior, manual brake conversion, electric water pump (EWP), and a bunch of other goodies ...
Greazzer
12-17-2012, 05:58 PM #16

Hey ...

Can you ship it from the APO/FPO from where you are at to Ft. Jackson, SC and just pay US Shipping rates ... IF SO ... THEN I GOT A TRADE IN MIND ! PM ME ! Plus, I could get this stuff super cheap postal rates and ship it within the USA, CONUS.

Project 2018: Really get the car finished -- Turbo OM617 greater than 175 MPH goal.

RED W123 - left Germany as 240D in 1982.  Full AMG body kit less rear apron, 2:65LSD, five speed Getrag 717.400, manual steering, read leather interior, manual brake conversion, electric water pump (EWP), and a bunch of other goodies ...

CRD4x4
CompoundSuperTurboDiesel4x4!

12-18-2012, 09:41 AM #17
I'm in for a 5-speed setup and a taxi dash (without cracks - if possible) if you can find them for cheap!
Thanks for your service and keep your head down!

'05 Jeep Liberty CRD - 160k
'06.5 VW Jetta TDI - 230k
'82 MB 300TD - 116k (motor going to raysorenson)
'81 MB 300TD - 195k (parting out)
'71 Jeep DJ5 - diesel conversion project
CRD4x4
12-18-2012, 09:41 AM #17

I'm in for a 5-speed setup and a taxi dash (without cracks - if possible) if you can find them for cheap!
Thanks for your service and keep your head down!

'05 Jeep Liberty CRD - 160k
'06.5 VW Jetta TDI - 230k
'82 MB 300TD - 116k (motor going to raysorenson)
'81 MB 300TD - 195k (parting out)
'71 Jeep DJ5 - diesel conversion project

lgreeley83
Mr. Rumbles

12-18-2012, 12:55 PM #18
Thought I'd add some pics of some i've seen. I've got more on a different memory card but cant find a reader yet.. I said there were a lot of 190's before. I should correct myself and most are the petrol 200's.

The pic with 3 in a row is a common hang out i think for the taxi drivers. There are usually about 10 of them sitting around there. A few are a bit decorated. The tank pic is for fun. I see a lot of those around here too. :-)
This post was last modified: 12-18-2012, 12:58 PM by lgreeley83.

lgreeley83
12-18-2012, 12:55 PM #18

Thought I'd add some pics of some i've seen. I've got more on a different memory card but cant find a reader yet.. I said there were a lot of 190's before. I should correct myself and most are the petrol 200's.

The pic with 3 in a row is a common hang out i think for the taxi drivers. There are usually about 10 of them sitting around there. A few are a bit decorated. The tank pic is for fun. I see a lot of those around here too. :-)

lgreeley83
Mr. Rumbles

04-03-2013, 09:25 AM #19

What you see in this picture is me next to a 717.400 5 speed and 1234610601 manual steering gearbox (with shaft). I also got the flywheel (i think its right), clutch, shift linkage, waiting on driveshaft and shifter. 500$ bought it all.

It was a good day. When i said non power steering the guy who drove mercedes taxis for 20 years said it was rare for even here and though it only came in 115 chassis. Lucked out there but dont think that will happen again. Now to find out how to get this crap home.

tip you want getrags and manual steering join the army and go to bum f*&K egypt. LOL.

lgreeley83
04-03-2013, 09:25 AM #19

What you see in this picture is me next to a 717.400 5 speed and 1234610601 manual steering gearbox (with shaft). I also got the flywheel (i think its right), clutch, shift linkage, waiting on driveshaft and shifter. 500$ bought it all.

It was a good day. When i said non power steering the guy who drove mercedes taxis for 20 years said it was rare for even here and though it only came in 115 chassis. Lucked out there but dont think that will happen again. Now to find out how to get this crap home.

tip you want getrags and manual steering join the army and go to bum f*&K egypt. LOL.

Simpler=Better
PORTED HEAD

04-03-2013, 09:33 AM #20
Awesome! Too bad they wanted $50,000 for the taxi dashes Sad

Simpler=Better
04-03-2013, 09:33 AM #20

Awesome! Too bad they wanted $50,000 for the taxi dashes Sad

Greazzer
Superturbo

04-03-2013, 02:03 PM #21
You need to shave soldier ! LOL Is the red cap a new part of the ASU ? LOL

What is the Army coming to ...

Greazzer
04-03-2013, 02:03 PM #21

You need to shave soldier ! LOL Is the red cap a new part of the ASU ? LOL

What is the Army coming to ...

lgreeley83
Mr. Rumbles

04-03-2013, 02:33 PM #22
Lol called out! I've got a permanent shaving profile for some serious ingrown hairs I get. (doctors note) I'm authorized a 1/4" beard which is actually pretty damn long. I normally trim by now but am going to israel for the weekend :-) . Gotta blend in. That hat is uniform here. We are like the UN. Peacekeeping is the mission. The same color wraps my kevlar and makes my head a big orange pumpkin target. Really goofy looking.

You like the PhotoShop uniform sterilization?

Lol Egyptians love my beard too. The whole muslim no shave thing, and im the only white American with a beard. When in Cairo people think I'm south American which is good if i ever meet some radical jihadist or something.
This post was last modified: 04-03-2013, 02:38 PM by lgreeley83.

lgreeley83
04-03-2013, 02:33 PM #22

Lol called out! I've got a permanent shaving profile for some serious ingrown hairs I get. (doctors note) I'm authorized a 1/4" beard which is actually pretty damn long. I normally trim by now but am going to israel for the weekend :-) . Gotta blend in. That hat is uniform here. We are like the UN. Peacekeeping is the mission. The same color wraps my kevlar and makes my head a big orange pumpkin target. Really goofy looking.

You like the PhotoShop uniform sterilization?

Lol Egyptians love my beard too. The whole muslim no shave thing, and im the only white American with a beard. When in Cairo people think I'm south American which is good if i ever meet some radical jihadist or something.

Greazzer
Superturbo

04-04-2013, 08:26 AM #23
I saw the stealth look. Nice.

When I was in, we had the opposite of any stealth mode: black boots, our rank, our branch, assigned unit and combat patch on right arm, and cover. Now, everyone has a black beret except SF & Ranger, which are green and tan, respectively.

You need to get home ASAP ! And ... stop the smoking ! LOL That's bad for your health.

Greazzer
04-04-2013, 08:26 AM #23

I saw the stealth look. Nice.

When I was in, we had the opposite of any stealth mode: black boots, our rank, our branch, assigned unit and combat patch on right arm, and cover. Now, everyone has a black beret except SF & Ranger, which are green and tan, respectively.

You need to get home ASAP ! And ... stop the smoking ! LOL That's bad for your health.

lgreeley83
Mr. Rumbles

04-12-2013, 01:49 AM #24
Dur, update.
Well I got the good trans, manual steering but no accessory was correct. I guess I will learn metal working when I get home. Took a welding class a few years ago and my pops h!s a welder.

lgreeley83
04-12-2013, 01:49 AM #24

Dur, update.
Well I got the good trans, manual steering but no accessory was correct. I guess I will learn metal working when I get home. Took a welding class a few years ago and my pops h!s a welder.

lgreeley83
Mr. Rumbles

04-22-2013, 07:01 AM #25
Well... I am still waiting for this contractor on base to let me know about fedex shipping. I am starting to get worried that I cant get the transmissions (yes I bought another getrag yesterday) home in one piece.

I've read a little about taking it apart and it seems i need a special tool to get the bearing and some crap out of the tail end. I am wondering if I can pull it apart without removing any crap like that. I need to learn how drop weight to ship in two separate packages. I saw a write up somewhere but cant find it again. Can I pull the gears out of the main housing and leave them attached to the rear portion not doing anything to the seals. I am a newb with transmissions.

lgreeley83
04-22-2013, 07:01 AM #25

Well... I am still waiting for this contractor on base to let me know about fedex shipping. I am starting to get worried that I cant get the transmissions (yes I bought another getrag yesterday) home in one piece.

I've read a little about taking it apart and it seems i need a special tool to get the bearing and some crap out of the tail end. I am wondering if I can pull it apart without removing any crap like that. I need to learn how drop weight to ship in two separate packages. I saw a write up somewhere but cant find it again. Can I pull the gears out of the main housing and leave them attached to the rear portion not doing anything to the seals. I am a newb with transmissions.

Greazzer
Superturbo

04-22-2013, 09:49 AM #26
Logan,

Check out PP. It comes in on the nose at 70 pounds if you remove the yoke (and flex disk of course), and the 3 arms (and linkages). I would remove the slave cylinder and line and the metal bar inside. And, drain it. You should be fine then for shipping.

Did you shave yet soldier ?

Greazzer
04-22-2013, 09:49 AM #26

Logan,

Check out PP. It comes in on the nose at 70 pounds if you remove the yoke (and flex disk of course), and the 3 arms (and linkages). I would remove the slave cylinder and line and the metal bar inside. And, drain it. You should be fine then for shipping.

Did you shave yet soldier ?

lgreeley83
Mr. Rumbles

04-24-2013, 10:33 AM #27
Trimmed yesterday, back in the US next week for out processing. I will trim one more time there. Than 90 days of beard growing!!!!
LOL

Well I am gaining hope in the shipping process. The only concern is the trans fluid. They are concerned that it may need a hazmat certificate. Geeze. I sent 3 separate MSDS forms for transmission fluid stating "Not Hazardous" also told them is was drained.

lgreeley83
04-24-2013, 10:33 AM #27

Trimmed yesterday, back in the US next week for out processing. I will trim one more time there. Than 90 days of beard growing!!!!
LOL

Well I am gaining hope in the shipping process. The only concern is the trans fluid. They are concerned that it may need a hazmat certificate. Geeze. I sent 3 separate MSDS forms for transmission fluid stating "Not Hazardous" also told them is was drained.

Simpler=Better
PORTED HEAD

04-24-2013, 11:33 AM #28
If drained it should be a non issue

Simpler=Better
04-24-2013, 11:33 AM #28

If drained it should be a non issue

bricktron
'77 240D

04-24-2013, 08:15 PM #29
cool project, good luck with the shipping!

english red rat rod 1977 240D, OM617.952 burning B99.9, iron 4-speed & 2.88 diff, 195/60/R14 on alloys, 5mph bumpers, battery in the trunk, 25mm swaybar, 4x ECE H4 lamps, double brake lamps, deleted sunroof, export zoll & california blue plates

bricktron
04-24-2013, 08:15 PM #29

cool project, good luck with the shipping!

english red rat rod 1977 240D, OM617.952 burning B99.9, iron 4-speed & 2.88 diff, 195/60/R14 on alloys, 5mph bumpers, battery in the trunk, 25mm swaybar, 4x ECE H4 lamps, double brake lamps, deleted sunroof, export zoll & california blue plates

JB3
Superturbo

05-11-2013, 02:41 PM #30
so did you get these things shipped? did it work out?

1974 240D 617 turbo swap, W201 5-speed, in the works project
1983 240D 616 stock, DD
1989 Chevy Astro, 617 turbo swap, T5 5-speed, 4.56 diff, work van

JB3
05-11-2013, 02:41 PM #30

so did you get these things shipped? did it work out?

1983 240D 616 stock, DD

lgreeley83
Mr. Rumbles

05-12-2013, 02:37 PM #31
Nop, I had to sell them back. Very sad. The mechanics on base couldn't get the tail end off.

I had spoke with the large shipment department about using their contract with FedEx for freight. After a few weeks of dealing with contractor bs and situation starting to look good they finally decided there was a policy against shipping personal items. The post office wouldn't take anything over 70 lbs. If I had more time I would have figured it out. I didn't have any of the other needed parts either, no shifter, mount, linkage, etc.

I will learn to be happy with 4 speed for now. At least I know they are everywhere so I can blow them up without crying. Also I got home this week! Time to break some sh*t!

lgreeley83
05-12-2013, 02:37 PM #31

Nop, I had to sell them back. Very sad. The mechanics on base couldn't get the tail end off.

I had spoke with the large shipment department about using their contract with FedEx for freight. After a few weeks of dealing with contractor bs and situation starting to look good they finally decided there was a policy against shipping personal items. The post office wouldn't take anything over 70 lbs. If I had more time I would have figured it out. I didn't have any of the other needed parts either, no shifter, mount, linkage, etc.

I will learn to be happy with 4 speed for now. At least I know they are everywhere so I can blow them up without crying. Also I got home this week! Time to break some sh*t!

Simpler=Better
PORTED HEAD

05-13-2013, 08:12 AM #32
Glad you're almost out of there. Too bad about the 5 speeds, but oh well

Simpler=Better
05-13-2013, 08:12 AM #32

Glad you're almost out of there. Too bad about the 5 speeds, but oh well

JB3
Superturbo

05-14-2013, 09:01 AM #33
(05-12-2013, 02:37 PM)lgreeley83 Nop, I had to sell them back. Very sad. The mechanics on base couldn't get the tail end off.

thats too bad, but oh well, the 4 speeds are pretty enjoyable still. Big Grin
must be good to be back!

1983 240D 616 stock, DD

JB3
05-14-2013, 09:01 AM #33

(05-12-2013, 02:37 PM)lgreeley83 Nop, I had to sell them back. Very sad. The mechanics on base couldn't get the tail end off.

thats too bad, but oh well, the 4 speeds are pretty enjoyable still. Big Grin
must be good to be back!

1983 240D 616 stock, DD

lgreeley83
Mr. Rumbles

05-14-2013, 05:07 PM #34
Great to be home! Attacking the cars, getting back in the swing of things.

I'll star posting in my project soon. Mine needed a new battery. Already swapped injectors, removed cruise control, got car to turn off with key (vacuum woes),...

My wife's 97 Volvo had been driving "weird" her words. Stepfather inlaw had refreshed the trans fluid while I was away. Tell me why the damn fluid was 3.5 quarts low without leaks. Filled and car drives good again. Gee wiz.

lgreeley83
05-14-2013, 05:07 PM #34

Great to be home! Attacking the cars, getting back in the swing of things.

I'll star posting in my project soon. Mine needed a new battery. Already swapped injectors, removed cruise control, got car to turn off with key (vacuum woes),...

My wife's 97 Volvo had been driving "weird" her words. Stepfather inlaw had refreshed the trans fluid while I was away. Tell me why the damn fluid was 3.5 quarts low without leaks. Filled and car drives good again. Gee wiz.

Simpler=Better
PORTED HEAD

05-14-2013, 06:54 PM #35
(05-14-2013, 05:07 PM)lgreeley83 Great to be home! Attacking the cars, getting back in the swing of things.

He drained, replaced the filter/whatever, and refilled without letting it idle to run

Simpler=Better
05-14-2013, 06:54 PM #35

(05-14-2013, 05:07 PM)lgreeley83 Great to be home! Attacking the cars, getting back in the swing of things.

He drained, replaced the filter/whatever, and refilled without letting it idle to run

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average