STD Tuning Engine Modifying the OM617 300SD..

Modifying the OM617 300SD..

Modifying the OM617 300SD..

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

forcefed44
Evil intentions

05-29-2012, 01:35 PM #1
First off: I know this topic has been beat to death over the years and I have read up alot of the tech specs but here are my .02s.

My '84 300SD is up for a turbo replacement (seriously excessive play) and at this time I will do the intake manifold install for intercooler modification as well as a Garrett T3 hybrid turbo with Spec adjustable 18psi Internal WG. (Currently she's running an Alda deleted stock injector pump, CAI, side exhaust).. I have an "M" pump from a parted 300D euro car.

My Question is: Will this add any type of HP/fueling gains left alone (stock "M" pump? Is it worth the effort? I know the stock injector pump has a rack limiter which needs to be removed (so I'm told) to get more fueling and gains but I have heard and read of bad situations with adjusting the internals). I have been told with the M pump, it doesn't have a rack limiter, and I have heard of element replacement to 7.5mm??; but there is no one who will modify these things in the Tri state (NY,NJ,CT) that I have found and I'm not willing to send it overseas.. What about Bosio 265 nozzles? +/-? I just don't want to stick the new turbo and not gain a thing..

I know the OM617 is limited to power modifications without some serious dosh. I'm not expecting 300hp but since she needs repairs already. I would like to modifiy it accoringly.

Post of PM me..

Anyone's information could greatly help me here.
forcefed44
05-29-2012, 01:35 PM #1

First off: I know this topic has been beat to death over the years and I have read up alot of the tech specs but here are my .02s.

My '84 300SD is up for a turbo replacement (seriously excessive play) and at this time I will do the intake manifold install for intercooler modification as well as a Garrett T3 hybrid turbo with Spec adjustable 18psi Internal WG. (Currently she's running an Alda deleted stock injector pump, CAI, side exhaust).. I have an "M" pump from a parted 300D euro car.

My Question is: Will this add any type of HP/fueling gains left alone (stock "M" pump? Is it worth the effort? I know the stock injector pump has a rack limiter which needs to be removed (so I'm told) to get more fueling and gains but I have heard and read of bad situations with adjusting the internals). I have been told with the M pump, it doesn't have a rack limiter, and I have heard of element replacement to 7.5mm??; but there is no one who will modify these things in the Tri state (NY,NJ,CT) that I have found and I'm not willing to send it overseas.. What about Bosio 265 nozzles? +/-? I just don't want to stick the new turbo and not gain a thing..

I know the OM617 is limited to power modifications without some serious dosh. I'm not expecting 300hp but since she needs repairs already. I would like to modifiy it accoringly.

Post of PM me..

Anyone's information could greatly help me here.

Captain America
Boostin' & Roostin'

05-29-2012, 11:22 PM #2
Read the sticky on adjusting the MW injection pump. http://www.superturbodiesel.com/std/thread-189.html Removing the rack limiter is the wrong thing to do. You can get a additional fuel without much problem. How power will it support? Dont think anyone has dynoed one recently...

1982 300D Turbo ... 3,6xxlbs, No fan, No AC, Hood Stack, No ALDA, No rear bumper and stuffed front, A/W Intercooled, Injectors by Greezer and HUGE Pre-Chambers with help from OM616 & Simpler=Better, Fuel Cranked up, 60 Trim Compressor wheel, EGT, EMP, Boost 50" Rigid Radius bar on roof Aux tank for a total of 48 Gal Of Diesel! Odyssey PC-1750 Battery in trunk, 27"x8.5"/R14 Maxxis BigHorn Mud Terrains, In June '14 issue of Off Road Mag

AX15 Jeep Trans swap in progress....

Captain America
05-29-2012, 11:22 PM #2

Read the sticky on adjusting the MW injection pump. http://www.superturbodiesel.com/std/thread-189.html Removing the rack limiter is the wrong thing to do. You can get a additional fuel without much problem. How power will it support? Dont think anyone has dynoed one recently...

1982 300D Turbo ... 3,6xxlbs, No fan, No AC, Hood Stack, No ALDA, No rear bumper and stuffed front, A/W Intercooled, Injectors by Greezer and HUGE Pre-Chambers with help from OM616 & Simpler=Better, Fuel Cranked up, 60 Trim Compressor wheel, EGT, EMP, Boost 50" Rigid Radius bar on roof Aux tank for a total of 48 Gal Of Diesel! Odyssey PC-1750 Battery in trunk, 27"x8.5"/R14 Maxxis BigHorn Mud Terrains, In June '14 issue of Off Road Mag

AX15 Jeep Trans swap in progress....

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average