STD Other FS / WTB / Buying guides wtb/fs/open rant

wtb/fs/open rant

wtb/fs/open rant

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

lgreeley83
Mr. Rumbles

05-23-2012, 11:35 PM #1
Well this is partial rant partial serious.

I want your costom machine work.

I have seen some wonderful custom machining of flywheels, compresor housings, pulleys, etc. Some of you guys are truly good at this shit. Not just some dudes playing with fire. I have seen some wonderful fab and engineering work on this site. Alot of it is so casual it's like "whatever, i designed this ........ today"

If anything i would like to complement your inginuity today and say thank you for contributing to the fun and making this site something high caliber. Not aimed at anyone specifically. Just hopefully i can be on the recieving end of some of this custom shit someday. :-)

Oh yeah, and, you spark my desire to make my own.

Not trying to sound all sentimental but, keep up the good work!
This post was last modified: 05-23-2012, 11:37 PM by lgreeley83.

" straighten up that star on the grill, assholes."

lgreeley83
05-23-2012, 11:35 PM #1

Well this is partial rant partial serious.

I want your costom machine work.

I have seen some wonderful custom machining of flywheels, compresor housings, pulleys, etc. Some of you guys are truly good at this shit. Not just some dudes playing with fire. I have seen some wonderful fab and engineering work on this site. Alot of it is so casual it's like "whatever, i designed this ........ today"

If anything i would like to complement your inginuity today and say thank you for contributing to the fun and making this site something high caliber. Not aimed at anyone specifically. Just hopefully i can be on the recieving end of some of this custom shit someday. :-)

Oh yeah, and, you spark my desire to make my own.

Not trying to sound all sentimental but, keep up the good work!

DeliveryValve
Superturbo

05-24-2012, 12:14 AM #2
Yeah we do have some awesome folks on this site who do great work.

I tip my hat off to you all!

Gota love Mercedes Diesels!

DeliveryValve
05-24-2012, 12:14 AM #2

Yeah we do have some awesome folks on this site who do great work.

I tip my hat off to you all!

Gota love Mercedes Diesels!

willbhere4u
Six in a row make her go!

05-24-2012, 09:41 AM #3
^^^ditto^^^

1987 300SDL 6spd manual om606.962 swap project
1985 300td euro 5spd wagon running
willbhere4u
05-24-2012, 09:41 AM #3

^^^ditto^^^

1987 300SDL 6spd manual om606.962 swap project
1985 300td euro 5spd wagon running

Simpler=Better
PORTED HEAD

05-24-2012, 09:48 AM #4
So uh, what do you need made?

Newbie-read this: Cheap Tricks
617.952-220k-Getting built up
larsalan I guess I need to look at this stupid ass drip shit. What you have to like mess with those elements on the pump? What a fucking hassle. then use some wire to hold the throttle open or some shit?
Simpler=Better
05-24-2012, 09:48 AM #4

So uh, what do you need made?

Newbie-read this: Cheap Tricks
617.952-220k-Getting built up
larsalan I guess I need to look at this stupid ass drip shit. What you have to like mess with those elements on the pump? What a fucking hassle. then use some wire to hold the throttle open or some shit?

lgreeley83
Mr. Rumbles

05-24-2012, 05:36 PM #5
(05-24-2012, 09:48 AM)Simpler=Better So uh, what do you need made?

Probably more than i know. I have a.manual trans conversion, clutch is a little slippy. Id like to beef that up a bit.

I need to reclock my compressor housing and get a piece welded on there like rudolf did and captain has.

I say i need but i am sure i could live without. ;-)

I think im realy just jealous.of the capability. Someday i will have a big garage and accumulate tools of the fab trade. Not just wrenches.

I had my exhaust manifold drilled 7/16 last week. I did the tap myself. I was worried about drilling it on my own without a proper drill press. I had a shop do it when i probably should have paid for the bit myslef and done it. They charged 20 bucks which to me seemed outrageous. But a bit was over 10$ and i didnt want to mess it up so i payed.

I think partially its similar to my desire for working on own car. I fail to trust others work and always feel like i am getting ripped off. I need a damn welder, lathe, etc.
This post was last modified: 05-24-2012, 06:06 PM by lgreeley83.

lgreeley83
05-24-2012, 05:36 PM #5

Probably more than i know. I have a.manual trans conversion, clutch is a little slippy. Id like to beef that up a bit.

I need to reclock my compressor housing and get a piece welded on there like rudolf did and captain has.

I think im realy just jealous.of the capability. Someday i will have a big garage and accumulate tools of the fab trade. Not just wrenches.

I had my exhaust manifold drilled 7/16 last week. I did the tap myself. I was worried about drilling it on my own without a proper drill press. I had a shop do it when i probably should have paid for the bit myslef and done it. They charged 20 bucks which to me seemed outrageous. But a bit was over 10$ and i didnt want to mess it up so i payed.

I think partially its similar to my desire for working on own car. I fail to trust others work and always feel like i am getting ripped off. I need a damn welder, lathe, etc.

lgreeley83
Mr. Rumbles

05-24-2012, 11:33 PM #6

lgreeley83
05-24-2012, 11:33 PM #6

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average