STD Other FS / WTB / Buying guides WTB: TURBO

WTB: TURBO

WTB: TURBO

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Greazzer
Superturbo

05-18-2012, 06:58 AM #1
Howdy Everyone,

It has been a while since I contributed or commented. Hopefully, I will be able to share some pictures and updates on the Phoenix Project and some other projects. It's been a very tough last few months.

I am looking for a ready to install Turbo for OM617.952 engine that will have a mod "M" pump with 6mm elements. As posted in other spots, I am looking for something that will get the old girl up and running really fast but I am too chicken to go over 80-90 mph. The car will have the venerable 5 speed GETRAG 717.400 (I think - might need a partial rebuild, not sure now). So, you know the engine I got, you know the pump I got, and most likely the transmission I got. I got a M+W system which will kick in either because of PSI or manual control. Not sure which may I am headed on this. I want the water more for cleaning than anything else.

Any one out there with a nice, used Turbo that fits the bill? I want something that works now and is rebuildable and is ready to install without a ton of R&D. So, if that means I need plates, et cet., please let me know and please let me know if you have them. I have a spare exhaust manifold I can chop up. In other words, if I get it in the mail on a weekday, I want to be able to install it over the weekend and drive to work on Monday.

Thanks,

Greazzer
Columbia, SC

Ninth Year Anniversary with STD on 1-9-2020

visit:  www.dieselfuelinjector.guru

Project 2018: Really get the car finished -- Turbo OM617 greater than 175 MPH goal.

RED W123 - left Germany as 240D in 1982.  Full AMG body kit less rear apron, 2:65LSD, five speed Getrag 717.400, manual steering, read leather interior, manual brake conversion, electric water pump (EWP), and a bunch of other goodies ...
Greazzer
05-18-2012, 06:58 AM #1

Howdy Everyone,

It has been a while since I contributed or commented. Hopefully, I will be able to share some pictures and updates on the Phoenix Project and some other projects. It's been a very tough last few months.

I am looking for a ready to install Turbo for OM617.952 engine that will have a mod "M" pump with 6mm elements. As posted in other spots, I am looking for something that will get the old girl up and running really fast but I am too chicken to go over 80-90 mph. The car will have the venerable 5 speed GETRAG 717.400 (I think - might need a partial rebuild, not sure now). So, you know the engine I got, you know the pump I got, and most likely the transmission I got. I got a M+W system which will kick in either because of PSI or manual control. Not sure which may I am headed on this. I want the water more for cleaning than anything else.

Any one out there with a nice, used Turbo that fits the bill? I want something that works now and is rebuildable and is ready to install without a ton of R&D. So, if that means I need plates, et cet., please let me know and please let me know if you have them. I have a spare exhaust manifold I can chop up. In other words, if I get it in the mail on a weekday, I want to be able to install it over the weekend and drive to work on Monday.

Thanks,

Greazzer
Columbia, SC

Ninth Year Anniversary with STD on 1-9-2020

visit:  www.dieselfuelinjector.guru

Project 2018: Really get the car finished -- Turbo OM617 greater than 175 MPH goal.

RED W123 - left Germany as 240D in 1982.  Full AMG body kit less rear apron, 2:65LSD, five speed Getrag 717.400, manual steering, read leather interior, manual brake conversion, electric water pump (EWP), and a bunch of other goodies ...

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average