STD Other Projects '83 300D

'83 300D

'83 300D

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Pages (2): Previous 1 2
larsalan
Superturbo

05-02-2012, 02:27 PM #51
(05-02-2012, 09:07 AM)SurfRodder I think i still have the one i just removed in my garage waste bin, PM me your addy and ill send it to you. I get the good ones dirt cheap, like less than $5 from my local OEM distributor.
Don't worry about it, I pay that same few dollars for one at the store too. I just re use them by cleaning them because I am very thrifty. I mean cheap and poor.

Rusted out beat down 300d turbo 82' -- RIP
Nice body, tons of ridiculous mechanical issues - 300d turbo 82' /motor 85'
larsalan
05-02-2012, 02:27 PM #51

(05-02-2012, 09:07 AM)SurfRodder I think i still have the one i just removed in my garage waste bin, PM me your addy and ill send it to you. I get the good ones dirt cheap, like less than $5 from my local OEM distributor.
Don't worry about it, I pay that same few dollars for one at the store too. I just re use them by cleaning them because I am very thrifty. I mean cheap and poor.

Rusted out beat down 300d turbo 82' -- RIP
Nice body, tons of ridiculous mechanical issues - 300d turbo 82' /motor 85'

SurfRodder
Jackass Extraordinaire

05-02-2012, 05:46 PM #52
(05-02-2012, 11:40 AM)w123love Saw that duck tape...didn’t want to say anything but damn that is ugly. Tough spot to fix I can imagine.

yeah and its been that way for 2+ years now... planning on cutting a new quarter off a junker and welding it in place of that one... just dont have the time for such an adventure right now... gotta try to do motor mounts this weekend, my drivers side one is almost gone and its rattling like crazy now. maybe when schools done next winter I can look at doing the cosmetic shite...

W123 Mods: 4 speed ** manual climate control ** '85 Kalitucky intake ** manual windows & full tint ** Euro headlights retrofit w/bixenon projectors ** 4 brake light mod ** Vogtland 50mm drop front & Lesjofors S600 drop rear springs ** 16" rims ** late w126 brake spindles, rotors & calipers ** full suspension rehab ** Bilstein HDs ** AL129X alternator & 1/0 starter and charging cables ** 300GD clutch/flywheel ** AFCO 80103N radiator & Earl's 41610 oil cooler ** custom block-off plate, remote oil filter & t-stat ** MW IP w/ tomnik's 6.5mm 'Holly' elements **

S124 Mods: 400E Rear subframe ** SL600 Brakes ** Late 300E 210mm diff ** SLK230 6 speed ** 17" CLK rims ** Vented RF Fender ** Facelift Hood, Headlights, and Lower Cladding **

OBK# 62
SurfRodder
05-02-2012, 05:46 PM #52

(05-02-2012, 11:40 AM)w123love Saw that duck tape...didn’t want to say anything but damn that is ugly. Tough spot to fix I can imagine.

yeah and its been that way for 2+ years now... planning on cutting a new quarter off a junker and welding it in place of that one... just dont have the time for such an adventure right now... gotta try to do motor mounts this weekend, my drivers side one is almost gone and its rattling like crazy now. maybe when schools done next winter I can look at doing the cosmetic shite...

W123 Mods: 4 speed ** manual climate control ** '85 Kalitucky intake ** manual windows & full tint ** Euro headlights retrofit w/bixenon projectors ** 4 brake light mod ** Vogtland 50mm drop front & Lesjofors S600 drop rear springs ** 16" rims ** late w126 brake spindles, rotors & calipers ** full suspension rehab ** Bilstein HDs ** AL129X alternator & 1/0 starter and charging cables ** 300GD clutch/flywheel ** AFCO 80103N radiator & Earl's 41610 oil cooler ** custom block-off plate, remote oil filter & t-stat ** MW IP w/ tomnik's 6.5mm 'Holly' elements **

S124 Mods: 400E Rear subframe ** SL600 Brakes ** Late 300E 210mm diff ** SLK230 6 speed ** 17" CLK rims ** Vented RF Fender ** Facelift Hood, Headlights, and Lower Cladding **

OBK# 62

w123love
Stockish

05-02-2012, 11:28 PM #53
(05-02-2012, 05:46 PM)SurfRodder

A fellow w123 enthusiast I know cut out a section of the body right under the rear window where it rusted out. The window drains were clogged and ending up rusting a hole over time. He cut a whole section out at Ecology and put it in. He had a mobile welder take care of welding it up. Did a great job, really smooth and it is almost impossible to tell its a new section. Didn’t take that long either.

Just saying it all possible, not unfathomable to take care of.

if it don’t blow black...take it back.

1982 300TDT 4 Speed 196K Standard Beige “VEGEWGN”. 300GD FW. Walbro FRC-8 Fuel Pump. ZadaTech LCD Boost, EGT, & Fuel Pressure gauge. Non-EGR Exhaust and Intake Manifold. 3/2 Valves gone. Soon to have Elsbett WVO conversion
1981 300D 314K Midnight Blue “The Blue Car”, Lovecrap system, owned 25 years+
1985 300TD White 198K “Betty White” Pure beauty

The VEGEWGN
w123love
05-02-2012, 11:28 PM #53

(05-02-2012, 05:46 PM)SurfRodder

A fellow w123 enthusiast I know cut out a section of the body right under the rear window where it rusted out. The window drains were clogged and ending up rusting a hole over time. He cut a whole section out at Ecology and put it in. He had a mobile welder take care of welding it up. Did a great job, really smooth and it is almost impossible to tell its a new section. Didn’t take that long either.

Just saying it all possible, not unfathomable to take care of.

if it don’t blow black...take it back.

1982 300TDT 4 Speed 196K Standard Beige “VEGEWGN”. 300GD FW. Walbro FRC-8 Fuel Pump. ZadaTech LCD Boost, EGT, & Fuel Pressure gauge. Non-EGR Exhaust and Intake Manifold. 3/2 Valves gone. Soon to have Elsbett WVO conversion
1981 300D 314K Midnight Blue “The Blue Car”, Lovecrap system, owned 25 years+
1985 300TD White 198K “Betty White” Pure beauty

The VEGEWGN

DeliveryValve
Superturbo

05-03-2012, 01:02 AM #54
(05-01-2012, 06:44 PM)SurfRodder [video=youtube]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yL--y0OhY...e=youtu.be
[/video]

This thing is sounding great! Very nice touch on the engine bay. I'm quite jealous of how it looks.

I'm curious how it pulls through out the RPM ranges. I know you say your laying some thick smoke, but aside from that fact, how's it at the bottom end? And is there any point of it choking at the top end? Again, great job!

Gota love Mercedes Diesels!

DeliveryValve
05-03-2012, 01:02 AM #54

(05-01-2012, 06:44 PM)SurfRodder [video=youtube]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yL--y0OhY...e=youtu.be
[/video]

This thing is sounding great! Very nice touch on the engine bay. I'm quite jealous of how it looks.

I'm curious how it pulls through out the RPM ranges. I know you say your laying some thick smoke, but aside from that fact, how's it at the bottom end? And is there any point of it choking at the top end? Again, great job!

SurfRodder
Jackass Extraordinaire

05-03-2012, 10:49 AM #55
(05-03-2012, 01:02 AM)DeliveryValve This thing is sounding great! Very nice touch on the engine bay. I'm quite jealous of how it looks.

Thanks. Yeah, I figure that if I'm going to replace a hose I might as well do it with the best stuff I can fit... I think I may rerout the lower oil cooler line this weekend after(during) I replace motor mounts... It's fine the way it is, I'd just rather have a bit more clearance near the IP and PS box. I have another idea for the injection return lines (more braided hose) but that's gonna have to wait until I rebuild my spare injectors...

RE: power.... 8> totally different car. It starts pulling almost off idle (a little revving and clutch burning makes it pull immediately, but totally not necessary for night and day improvement for regular driving) and keeps a nice steady acceleration all the way up to fuel cutoff. I can actually mash it at highway speeds and feel acceleration now. I don't know if my old pump was just out of time before or otherwise FUBAR, but it is a HUGE improvement over how it was. Next time were both in the LA area i'll let you check it out (read:drive it). I will probably have the new turbo in by then too, or at least a manual boost controller on the wastgate line to dial it up a bit to get rid of/reduce the soot.

So, in summary, the car actually has a bottom end and a top end now...before it slowly built boost and pretty much only pulled from about 2200 to 3800 or so then fell on its face. Ill try to take a video where you can see the speedo on a 0-60 run sometime this weekend. I just gotta make sure they are no smog police nearby when I do it. Even with less throttle pressure to keep the smoke at bay, it still pulls harder all the way through the RPM band than it did before...there really is no comparison to how it was before.

All credit goes to tomnik for those elements and to DPS for their install and calibration... all I did was put the bad boy in there and drip time it...

OBK# 62
SurfRodder
05-03-2012, 10:49 AM #55

(05-03-2012, 01:02 AM)DeliveryValve This thing is sounding great! Very nice touch on the engine bay. I'm quite jealous of how it looks.

Thanks. Yeah, I figure that if I'm going to replace a hose I might as well do it with the best stuff I can fit... I think I may rerout the lower oil cooler line this weekend after(during) I replace motor mounts... It's fine the way it is, I'd just rather have a bit more clearance near the IP and PS box. I have another idea for the injection return lines (more braided hose) but that's gonna have to wait until I rebuild my spare injectors...

RE: power.... 8> totally different car. It starts pulling almost off idle (a little revving and clutch burning makes it pull immediately, but totally not necessary for night and day improvement for regular driving) and keeps a nice steady acceleration all the way up to fuel cutoff. I can actually mash it at highway speeds and feel acceleration now. I don't know if my old pump was just out of time before or otherwise FUBAR, but it is a HUGE improvement over how it was. Next time were both in the LA area i'll let you check it out (read:drive it). I will probably have the new turbo in by then too, or at least a manual boost controller on the wastgate line to dial it up a bit to get rid of/reduce the soot.

So, in summary, the car actually has a bottom end and a top end now...before it slowly built boost and pretty much only pulled from about 2200 to 3800 or so then fell on its face. Ill try to take a video where you can see the speedo on a 0-60 run sometime this weekend. I just gotta make sure they are no smog police nearby when I do it. Even with less throttle pressure to keep the smoke at bay, it still pulls harder all the way through the RPM band than it did before...there really is no comparison to how it was before.

All credit goes to tomnik for those elements and to DPS for their install and calibration... all I did was put the bad boy in there and drip time it...

OBK# 62

SurfRodder
Jackass Extraordinaire

05-14-2012, 04:35 PM #56
So, after installing new motor mounts 2 weekends back, I went for a
test drive and the PS pulley got a little close to the upper radiator
hose I have cobbled together until my flex lines come in... anyway,
lost most of the coolant before I could get into a safe work spot...
saw the issue, removed and taped hose to make it home, but apparently
didnt wait long enough to let the block/head cool down before adding
more coolant...a few days later (last Wed) crazy overheating on the
way home... thought it was one of my ghetto rigged hoses, so I
reclamped it, waited for it to cool and topped her off... made it
almost all the way home and it happens again... this time I'm on
surface streets and can see steam exiting my exhaust pipe... uh-oh...

After another cool down and refill, I get home and check the oil,
etc... definitely blown head gasket. So you can guess how my weekend
went....

On the plus side, this SNAFU allowed me to re-time my IP according to tomnik's recommendations and install my upgraded turbo drain and oil separator drain lines in the upper pan. Now, the car is even better performing and encourages me to play with timing some more when time permits... Anyway, here's some pics:

Installed Schtuff:

new head gasket:

iron pipe fittings to collect oil from turbo and separator:

closeup of drain fittings:

closeup of hose and modified drain fitting from turbo:

Future Schtuff:

test fit of intake and exhaust mainfolds from w115:

w115 Exhaust manifold clearance to chassis (minimum):

from above measurement, potential turbo placement would be here with and up/forward pipe from collector:

should leave enough room for my '85 intake to the front and keep from hitting the shock/spring pocket to the rear.
This post was last modified: 05-14-2012, 04:48 PM by SurfRodder.

OBK# 62
SurfRodder
05-14-2012, 04:35 PM #56

So, after installing new motor mounts 2 weekends back, I went for a
test drive and the PS pulley got a little close to the upper radiator
hose I have cobbled together until my flex lines come in... anyway,
lost most of the coolant before I could get into a safe work spot...
saw the issue, removed and taped hose to make it home, but apparently
didnt wait long enough to let the block/head cool down before adding
more coolant...a few days later (last Wed) crazy overheating on the
way home... thought it was one of my ghetto rigged hoses, so I
reclamped it, waited for it to cool and topped her off... made it
almost all the way home and it happens again... this time I'm on
surface streets and can see steam exiting my exhaust pipe... uh-oh...

After another cool down and refill, I get home and check the oil,
etc... definitely blown head gasket. So you can guess how my weekend
went....

On the plus side, this SNAFU allowed me to re-time my IP according to tomnik's recommendations and install my upgraded turbo drain and oil separator drain lines in the upper pan. Now, the car is even better performing and encourages me to play with timing some more when time permits... Anyway, here's some pics:

Installed Schtuff:

new head gasket:

iron pipe fittings to collect oil from turbo and separator:

closeup of drain fittings:

closeup of hose and modified drain fitting from turbo:

Future Schtuff:

test fit of intake and exhaust mainfolds from w115:

w115 Exhaust manifold clearance to chassis (minimum):

from above measurement, potential turbo placement would be here with and up/forward pipe from collector:

should leave enough room for my '85 intake to the front and keep from hitting the shock/spring pocket to the rear.

OBK# 62

SurfRodder
Jackass Extraordinaire

05-16-2012, 09:30 AM #57
So pretty much the only hose i haven't upgraded came loose yesterday and caused a loss of power akin to swapping back my old pump... after conferring with Delivery Valve via SMS yesterday I checked the signal line to the overboost solenoid and sure enough, the silicone,hide i used to fix a leak several months ago was a bit loose... so i put a couple of zip ties on it to troubleshoot and full power returned... I've ordered the adapters to convert that line over to stainless braid too and I think that's the last hose left save vacuum lock system ones that haven't been swapped. Anyway, just making a public kudos to Richard for helping me troubleshoot the issue yesterday.

OBK# 62
SurfRodder
05-16-2012, 09:30 AM #57

So pretty much the only hose i haven't upgraded came loose yesterday and caused a loss of power akin to swapping back my old pump... after conferring with Delivery Valve via SMS yesterday I checked the signal line to the overboost solenoid and sure enough, the silicone,hide i used to fix a leak several months ago was a bit loose... so i put a couple of zip ties on it to troubleshoot and full power returned... I've ordered the adapters to convert that line over to stainless braid too and I think that's the last hose left save vacuum lock system ones that haven't been swapped. Anyway, just making a public kudos to Richard for helping me troubleshoot the issue yesterday.

OBK# 62

DeliveryValve
Superturbo

05-17-2012, 01:45 AM #58
Hey Thanks for the props!

On the turbo drain line, the split is for an oil separator drain line? You should have one already if the upper oil pan is original.

Pics look good on your install. I'll see what I can do for that extension pipe and manifold flange for the turbo.

DeliveryValve
05-17-2012, 01:45 AM #58

Hey Thanks for the props!

On the turbo drain line, the split is for an oil separator drain line? You should have one already if the upper oil pan is original.

Pics look good on your install. I'll see what I can do for that extension pipe and manifold flange for the turbo.

SurfRodder
Jackass Extraordinaire

05-17-2012, 10:03 AM #59
Yeah, there is one there for separator too, but it is too close to the other one to attach the fitting to it. Plus it looked a bit more of a pita to take that one off to modify. I ended up putting a temp plug in it so i could use it in the future if necessary.

If i ever tear the engine completely down, i will make two separate connections akin to the stock setup....but if i do that it will just be the AN adapters tig welded to the upper pan... no need for anything else.

Thanks again for all the advice!

OBK# 62
SurfRodder
05-17-2012, 10:03 AM #59

Yeah, there is one there for separator too, but it is too close to the other one to attach the fitting to it. Plus it looked a bit more of a pita to take that one off to modify. I ended up putting a temp plug in it so i could use it in the future if necessary.

If i ever tear the engine completely down, i will make two separate connections akin to the stock setup....but if i do that it will just be the AN adapters tig welded to the upper pan... no need for anything else.

Thanks again for all the advice!

OBK# 62

SurfRodder
Jackass Extraordinaire

05-27-2012, 02:44 PM #60
Here you go gents, as promised...sorry it took so long to get these posted!

0-80mph run:
http://youtu.be/lpSj70SRZZU

and 0-100mph (regular accel, no launch):
http://youtu.be/3MxWxIVR8KY

OBK# 62
SurfRodder
05-27-2012, 02:44 PM #60

Here you go gents, as promised...sorry it took so long to get these posted!

0-80mph run:
http://youtu.be/lpSj70SRZZU

and 0-100mph (regular accel, no launch):
http://youtu.be/3MxWxIVR8KY

OBK# 62

kmaser
Turbocharged G-Wagen

06-06-2012, 12:15 AM #61
Your car looks like its running great! No comparison to stock, I have my pump in and a master power R444-2 with 3" mandrel exhaust and it is awesome. My max boost is set at 16psi right now and the egt's stay normally around 8-900 cruising at 70mph and on the long hills in the mountains I can get them up to 1250-1300 so I might try a bit higher boost? How much boost are you running and do ou know the EGT's?

Thanks
kmaser
06-06-2012, 12:15 AM #61

Your car looks like its running great! No comparison to stock, I have my pump in and a master power R444-2 with 3" mandrel exhaust and it is awesome. My max boost is set at 16psi right now and the egt's stay normally around 8-900 cruising at 70mph and on the long hills in the mountains I can get them up to 1250-1300 so I might try a bit higher boost? How much boost are you running and do ou know the EGT's?

Thanks

SurfRodder
Jackass Extraordinaire

06-06-2012, 06:40 PM #62
(06-06-2012, 12:15 AM)kmaser so I might try a bit higher boost?
that should help...if you know what your pre and post compressor temps are you can likely find a sweet spot... or preferably if you have teh maps, dial it in to whatever boost looks like is best... Im sure the pump will be able to supply enough fuel...

(06-06-2012, 12:15 AM)kmaser How much boost are you running and do you know the EGT's?
my original plan was to install the new manifolds and turbo and pump all at once...with EGT probes for pre and post turbo (just for curiosity's sake), W/M & propane injection... but havent yet had the chance... im still trying to get the timing dialed in(was much quieter & a little smoother before replacing head gasket and retiming(from 26* to 22*...but a little more power now) and I think ill bebuild/poptest my stock injectors before completing the rest of the upgrades... still have to get something fabbed up for the Ex to turbo hookup, not to mention the downpipe, etc. intake should be relatively easy with what I have on hand.

at any rate, I have no EGT measurement provsions yet nor boost for that matter so I cant help you there... actually been running on overboost solenoid bypassed for about 2 weeks now so I'll likely hook that back up this weekend just to keep me honest...maybe Ill hook up an el-cheapo boost gage just to see where she's at)

So this weekend, aside from studying for finals next week, I plan on finishing my pop tester, and hooking overboost back up... hopefully in a few weeks I can rebuild/pop injectors, replace timing chain (and get that tool back to Richard!) and re-time the pump (getting easy now)...I may even have some AN lines made up for the IP just for dialing the timing in...have to see what the results for pop testing indicate for that (planning on building 2 test lines, one with stock hard tube and one with SS flex section to see if there is any dP) at any rate I'll likely run hard lines day-to-day, but having flex lines in to fine tune during a dyno day would be tits...but gotta get those valve events dialed in first.
This post was last modified: 06-06-2012, 06:47 PM by SurfRodder.

OBK# 62
SurfRodder
06-06-2012, 06:40 PM #62

(06-06-2012, 12:15 AM)kmaser so I might try a bit higher boost?
that should help...if you know what your pre and post compressor temps are you can likely find a sweet spot... or preferably if you have teh maps, dial it in to whatever boost looks like is best... Im sure the pump will be able to supply enough fuel...

(06-06-2012, 12:15 AM)kmaser How much boost are you running and do you know the EGT's?
my original plan was to install the new manifolds and turbo and pump all at once...with EGT probes for pre and post turbo (just for curiosity's sake), W/M & propane injection... but havent yet had the chance... im still trying to get the timing dialed in(was much quieter & a little smoother before replacing head gasket and retiming(from 26* to 22*...but a little more power now) and I think ill bebuild/poptest my stock injectors before completing the rest of the upgrades... still have to get something fabbed up for the Ex to turbo hookup, not to mention the downpipe, etc. intake should be relatively easy with what I have on hand.

at any rate, I have no EGT measurement provsions yet nor boost for that matter so I cant help you there... actually been running on overboost solenoid bypassed for about 2 weeks now so I'll likely hook that back up this weekend just to keep me honest...maybe Ill hook up an el-cheapo boost gage just to see where she's at)

So this weekend, aside from studying for finals next week, I plan on finishing my pop tester, and hooking overboost back up... hopefully in a few weeks I can rebuild/pop injectors, replace timing chain (and get that tool back to Richard!) and re-time the pump (getting easy now)...I may even have some AN lines made up for the IP just for dialing the timing in...have to see what the results for pop testing indicate for that (planning on building 2 test lines, one with stock hard tube and one with SS flex section to see if there is any dP) at any rate I'll likely run hard lines day-to-day, but having flex lines in to fine tune during a dyno day would be tits...but gotta get those valve events dialed in first.

OBK# 62

Captain America
Boostin' & Roostin'

06-12-2012, 07:30 PM #63
An stuff that would handle fuel pressure? I don't recall the math but isn't it like 2500 psi?

1982 300D Turbo ... 3,6xxlbs, No fan, No AC, Hood Stack, No ALDA, No rear bumper and stuffed front, A/W Intercooled, Injectors by Greezer and HUGE Pre-Chambers with help from OM616 & Simpler=Better, Fuel Cranked up, 60 Trim Compressor wheel, EGT, EMP, Boost 50" Rigid Radius bar on roof Aux tank for a total of 48 Gal Of Diesel! Odyssey PC-1750 Battery in trunk, 27"x8.5"/R14 Maxxis BigHorn Mud Terrains, In June '14 issue of Off Road Mag

AX15 Jeep Trans swap in progress....

Captain America
06-12-2012, 07:30 PM #63

An stuff that would handle fuel pressure? I don't recall the math but isn't it like 2500 psi?

1982 300D Turbo ... 3,6xxlbs, No fan, No AC, Hood Stack, No ALDA, No rear bumper and stuffed front, A/W Intercooled, Injectors by Greezer and HUGE Pre-Chambers with help from OM616 & Simpler=Better, Fuel Cranked up, 60 Trim Compressor wheel, EGT, EMP, Boost 50" Rigid Radius bar on roof Aux tank for a total of 48 Gal Of Diesel! Odyssey PC-1750 Battery in trunk, 27"x8.5"/R14 Maxxis BigHorn Mud Terrains, In June '14 issue of Off Road Mag

SurfRodder
Jackass Extraordinaire

06-13-2012, 12:16 AM #64
(06-12-2012, 07:30 PM)Captain America An stuff that would handle fuel pressure? I don't recall the math but isn't it like 2500 psi?

Yeah, 150 bar is about 2175 or so. The guy at surplus depot tells me that the earls premade lines are tested to 4000 psi. Other companies i know (Russells, etc.)only go to 3000 psi, but that is still a decent margin... ill definitely post the results of my pop test rig when i get a chance to build it in the next few weeks...

OBK# 62
SurfRodder
06-13-2012, 12:16 AM #64

(06-12-2012, 07:30 PM)Captain America An stuff that would handle fuel pressure? I don't recall the math but isn't it like 2500 psi?

Yeah, 150 bar is about 2175 or so. The guy at surplus depot tells me that the earls premade lines are tested to 4000 psi. Other companies i know (Russells, etc.)only go to 3000 psi, but that is still a decent margin... ill definitely post the results of my pop test rig when i get a chance to build it in the next few weeks...

OBK# 62

Captain America
Boostin' & Roostin'

06-18-2012, 12:43 AM #65
Sounds good dude

Captain America
06-18-2012, 12:43 AM #65

Sounds good dude

SurfRodder
Jackass Extraordinaire

12-14-2012, 02:17 AM #66
latest upgrades...
filter mount and t-stat
[Image: attachment.php?aid=6063]

adapter with the turbo feed pointing aft...
[Image: attachment.php?aid=6064]
This post was last modified: 12-14-2012, 02:41 AM by SurfRodder.

OBK# 62
SurfRodder
12-14-2012, 02:17 AM #66

latest upgrades...
filter mount and t-stat
[Image: attachment.php?aid=6063]

adapter with the turbo feed pointing aft...
[Image: attachment.php?aid=6064]

OBK# 62

sassparilla_kid
diesel > all other fuels

12-14-2012, 09:36 PM #67
Huge pictures

-1982 300D Turbo, 280k miles, ALDA apparently maxxed, fram 8038, 12 lbs boost, non-egr manifolds, W/M injection, 4 brake light mod, Gen II w126 front rotors/calipers, 4-speed swap
In the works: A/W IC, adjust pump, turbo rebuild (w/60 trim comp wheel)
-1980 300SD, 110k, project car. Goal is to get it lookin' like it did on the showroom floor (body and interior wise, not necessarily under the hood )
-1974 240D, FRESH PAINT!!!!!!
sassparilla_kid
12-14-2012, 09:36 PM #67

Huge pictures

-1982 300D Turbo, 280k miles, ALDA apparently maxxed, fram 8038, 12 lbs boost, non-egr manifolds, W/M injection, 4 brake light mod, Gen II w126 front rotors/calipers, 4-speed swap
In the works: A/W IC, adjust pump, turbo rebuild (w/60 trim comp wheel)
-1980 300SD, 110k, project car. Goal is to get it lookin' like it did on the showroom floor (body and interior wise, not necessarily under the hood )
-1974 240D, FRESH PAINT!!!!!!

SurfRodder
Jackass Extraordinaire

12-15-2012, 03:29 AM #68
(12-14-2012, 09:36 PM)sassparilla_kid Huge pictures

that's funny...i linked them to pics from the other thread I posted them in.. they are good there?!?!

OBK# 62
SurfRodder
12-15-2012, 03:29 AM #68

(12-14-2012, 09:36 PM)sassparilla_kid Huge pictures

that's funny...i linked them to pics from the other thread I posted them in.. they are good there?!?!

OBK# 62

Simpler=Better
PORTED HEAD

02-07-2014, 09:41 AM #69
Don't know how I missed this, awesome build

Newbie-read this: Cheap Tricks
617.952-220k-Getting built up
larsalan I guess I need to look at this stupid ass drip shit. What you have to like mess with those elements on the pump? What a fucking hassle. then use some wire to hold the throttle open or some shit?
Simpler=Better
02-07-2014, 09:41 AM #69

Don't know how I missed this, awesome build

larsalan I guess I need to look at this stupid ass drip shit. What you have to like mess with those elements on the pump? What a fucking hassle. then use some wire to hold the throttle open or some shit?

Brewster
Turbo Diesel

04-24-2015, 09:44 PM #70
Yeah, looks awesome, wondering how it turned out.
Brewster
04-24-2015, 09:44 PM #70

Yeah, looks awesome, wondering how it turned out.

SurfRodder
Jackass Extraordinaire

08-25-2015, 10:05 AM #71
Still need to repair the quarter panel on the left side. New plans are to drop in my spare om603 and after that and put her up for sale. I am going to build up my om606 and drop that into my s124 and take that 603 to get my 87 jeep XJ registered as a diesel.

OBK# 62
SurfRodder
08-25-2015, 10:05 AM #71

Still need to repair the quarter panel on the left side. New plans are to drop in my spare om603 and after that and put her up for sale. I am going to build up my om606 and drop that into my s124 and take that 603 to get my 87 jeep XJ registered as a diesel.

OBK# 62

Simpler=Better
PORTED HEAD

08-25-2015, 02:28 PM #72
What about the monster 617 with Tomnik elements?

Simpler=Better
08-25-2015, 02:28 PM #72

What about the monster 617 with Tomnik elements?

Pages (2): Previous 1 2

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average