STD Tuning Engine OM606 NA CAMS V TURBO CAMS

OM606 NA CAMS V TURBO CAMS

OM606 NA CAMS V TURBO CAMS

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (2): Previous 1 2
EvoPeter
GT2256V

01-27-2015, 03:29 AM #51
Earlier i wrote about the part# on the cam as A6050511101. Thats not the part# of the cam but the casting#. Then the cam is grinded to spec and after that fitted with all other parts and then it get a part# as i understand it. Thats why it did not match in EPC.

In the back of the cam there is a 4 digit number that say week and year the camshaft is made.
This post was last modified: 01-27-2015, 03:30 AM by EvoPeter.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mercedes 190 -92, om605 Stroker 2.75L, Dieselmeken 7,5mm (160cc) EDC with Baldur DSL1 ECU, Garrett GTX3576R A/R 1.06 without WG, SMF, 716.661 (SG-S370/6) Gearbox
EvoPeter
01-27-2015, 03:29 AM #51

Earlier i wrote about the part# on the cam as A6050511101. Thats not the part# of the cam but the casting#. Then the cam is grinded to spec and after that fitted with all other parts and then it get a part# as i understand it. Thats why it did not match in EPC.

In the back of the cam there is a 4 digit number that say week and year the camshaft is made.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mercedes 190 -92, om605 Stroker 2.75L, Dieselmeken 7,5mm (160cc) EDC with Baldur DSL1 ECU, Garrett GTX3576R A/R 1.06 without WG, SMF, 716.661 (SG-S370/6) Gearbox

Turbo
Holset

01-27-2015, 04:49 PM #52
If you use turbos with very high efficiency and well design intake and exhaust and good approach on regulating it would be possible to have lower exhasut pressure then boost pressure, at least that is was I am building on now, but unfortunate like most of the time, if it is in your taste it will cost... I just need to get some simulating and pressurising equipment to see how it going

(01-25-2015, 12:57 PM)barrote
(01-25-2015, 09:21 AM)raysorenson Barrote, there are 2 schools of thought with turbocharging.

A small turbo mounted to a manifold with low volume on an engine with conservative intake cam timing will yield a responsive turbo motor that's weak at higher rpms.

A large turbo sized so that exhaust manifold pressure is lower than intake manifold pressure, mounted to a larger volume tubular exhaust manifold (header) on an engine with valve overlap.

I won't argue for either, there's way smarter people than me all over the internets doing it for me. here's one http://www.hotrod.com/how-to/engine/hrdp...d-engines/

There are a bunch more, but I'll let you do the googling. "valve overlap turbo engine"

The only thing I should mention here that's diesel specific is that too much overlap can reduce static compression to the point that your engine won't start, so you have to be careful there.

yep ray pretty much my idea of thinking , what is hard to belive is that i can create a turbo set up with a higher intake pressure than EGP.
not saying is not feaseable , just i dont know how to do it, or i dont have enough money to get it done.
MB engeneers might have a very good point to build a 605td and N/A as it is.
in my case i have N/A cams cause there are the ones i have in good shape at the moment , soon soon a new hybrid 605 will come to life , that one will have stock cams. then i´ll post here my findings.
have a nice sunday.
Turbo
01-27-2015, 04:49 PM #52

If you use turbos with very high efficiency and well design intake and exhaust and good approach on regulating it would be possible to have lower exhasut pressure then boost pressure, at least that is was I am building on now, but unfortunate like most of the time, if it is in your taste it will cost... I just need to get some simulating and pressurising equipment to see how it going

(01-25-2015, 12:57 PM)barrote
(01-25-2015, 09:21 AM)raysorenson Barrote, there are 2 schools of thought with turbocharging.

A small turbo mounted to a manifold with low volume on an engine with conservative intake cam timing will yield a responsive turbo motor that's weak at higher rpms.

A large turbo sized so that exhaust manifold pressure is lower than intake manifold pressure, mounted to a larger volume tubular exhaust manifold (header) on an engine with valve overlap.

I won't argue for either, there's way smarter people than me all over the internets doing it for me. here's one http://www.hotrod.com/how-to/engine/hrdp...d-engines/

There are a bunch more, but I'll let you do the googling. "valve overlap turbo engine"

The only thing I should mention here that's diesel specific is that too much overlap can reduce static compression to the point that your engine won't start, so you have to be careful there.

yep ray pretty much my idea of thinking , what is hard to belive is that i can create a turbo set up with a higher intake pressure than EGP.
not saying is not feaseable , just i dont know how to do it, or i dont have enough money to get it done.
MB engeneers might have a very good point to build a 605td and N/A as it is.
in my case i have N/A cams cause there are the ones i have in good shape at the moment , soon soon a new hybrid 605 will come to life , that one will have stock cams. then i´ll post here my findings.
have a nice sunday.

Mh95e300d
K26-2

01-19-2020, 10:13 AM #53
Hi. I read on fb about a fellow switching to N/A intake cam on his supeturbo om606 running BW s257 sxe on custom manifold with 3.5" downpipe and 4" exhaust. He reported that he found no change except having more back pressure than stock turbo cams and thus he switched back to turbo cam. Now I am on my build and going to use same turbo and is pretty confused as to I shall stick to turbo cams only?
Mh95e300d
01-19-2020, 10:13 AM #53

Hi. I read on fb about a fellow switching to N/A intake cam on his supeturbo om606 running BW s257 sxe on custom manifold with 3.5" downpipe and 4" exhaust. He reported that he found no change except having more back pressure than stock turbo cams and thus he switched back to turbo cam. Now I am on my build and going to use same turbo and is pretty confused as to I shall stick to turbo cams only?

Pages (2): Previous 1 2

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average