STD Other FS / WTB / Buying guides feeler 1982 w123 300TDT white/blue interior

feeler 1982 w123 300TDT white/blue interior

feeler 1982 w123 300TDT white/blue interior

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

mhess427
Naturally-aspirated

05-03-2012, 01:10 PM #1
I'd like to see if there's any interest in my Mercedes wagon, so I'm posting this here. I installed a greasecar kit in it so feel free to stop reading anytime. I'm located in Hartford County, CT. I feel that this car is worth $1500 to an interested buyer. Also open to trades folks!

The car:
It's a 1982 300TDT, with about 200k miles and increasing because I drive it a few times a week. It's white with blue vinyl interior, it does not have a rear facing bench. This is a car I saw on the side of the road and KNEW I had to have as I've always appreciated the robust, classic w123.
[Image: 2rw3qzn.jpg]
The story (why I own this car):
I bought the car in October of 2010 from an older guy who found it in an estate sale. He found out it needed the SLS replaced and didn't want to be bothered with it. It belonged to the elderly wife of a doctor who garaged it most of it's life. The woman passed away and her grandson drove it for a few years until the doctor himself passed away, this is when it was sold from the estate. While attending automotive school, I used the wagon for an alternative fuel project and I installed a kit from Greasecar. Also, I did routine maintenance that I'll get into next.
[Image: 2062dnc.jpg]
The good:
Bulletproof om617 turbo! alda turned up, pulls like a freight train.
No SLS! That's right, I installed the heavy duty coil suspension from slsconversion.com. The ride is excellent and simplicity of it gives me a lot of peace of mind.
New brakes front and rear, rotors and pads.
New gas struts for the hatch.
New Dash lights.
New steering components, end links etc.
New Bilstein HD shocks front and rear.
Stock Bundt cake? wheels with very new all seasons.
Manual sunroof.
Valves adjusted within the past 5000 miles.
Alignment done.
Heat blows super hot!
Refurbished ACC unit - $200 just last october
Power windows all work perfectly!
17'' AMG replica wheels with Blizzak snows, only 1-2 seasons left. - $500 on their own!
Alpine stereo, polk speakers. Old but works well.
Greasecar kit with Premium digital controller. haha if you're still reading than I haven't scared you away yet.
Transmission and radiator flushed and filled by me in school.
I've been using a diesel synthetic oil...15w40...the motor seems to like it.
No tears in the seats. mbtex is in very nice condition.
[Image: dtp4w.jpg]
The bad:
The body isn't mint. at all. It's also not a bucket. It cleans up very well. There is rust on both front and rear fenders. The kid who drove it may have done some novice body work of his own.
Water comes in on the drivers side floor...I punched out the drain plugs and painted the floor with a chassis saver paint.
Vacuum issues so power locks don't work and the tranny flares. I may also fix both of these if it's a deal breaker.
No A/C
floor mats are really beat up.
It leaks oil... surprised? I never measured how much but I've always added about a qt every 3000 miles.
Wood trim is rough.
Needs a rear bumper and muffler...I'll probably take care of that myself.
[Image: afao8z.jpg]
The breakdown:
This ad is to see if I can interest any potential buyers for my Mercedes 300TDT. It's not perfect and if I keep it, I will store it and restore it at my leisure. It's served as a daily driver, weekend cruiser, and work truck for almost 2 years with NO major problems. My dream is to make it a one-of-a-kind hot rod diesel wagon with a cummins 4bt. I know I'll regret selling it because it makes me so happy looking at it every day and it draws so much positive attention. It's a great conversation starter too.

Why would I want to sell it? I spent a lot of money on a centrifuge system for my garage so I can process all kinds of oil myself...unfortunately, my landlord isn't crazy about that. If I get rid of the centrifuge I know I won't use the car as much and I don't want to drag it around with me until I buy my own house.

Let me know what you think folks. Please don't bother commenting if all you have are negative comments about the greasecar system.
This post was last modified: 05-03-2012, 02:37 PM by mhess427.
mhess427
05-03-2012, 01:10 PM #1

I'd like to see if there's any interest in my Mercedes wagon, so I'm posting this here. I installed a greasecar kit in it so feel free to stop reading anytime. I'm located in Hartford County, CT. I feel that this car is worth $1500 to an interested buyer. Also open to trades folks!

The car:
It's a 1982 300TDT, with about 200k miles and increasing because I drive it a few times a week. It's white with blue vinyl interior, it does not have a rear facing bench. This is a car I saw on the side of the road and KNEW I had to have as I've always appreciated the robust, classic w123.
[Image: 2rw3qzn.jpg]
The story (why I own this car):
I bought the car in October of 2010 from an older guy who found it in an estate sale. He found out it needed the SLS replaced and didn't want to be bothered with it. It belonged to the elderly wife of a doctor who garaged it most of it's life. The woman passed away and her grandson drove it for a few years until the doctor himself passed away, this is when it was sold from the estate. While attending automotive school, I used the wagon for an alternative fuel project and I installed a kit from Greasecar. Also, I did routine maintenance that I'll get into next.
[Image: 2062dnc.jpg]
The good:
Bulletproof om617 turbo! alda turned up, pulls like a freight train.
No SLS! That's right, I installed the heavy duty coil suspension from slsconversion.com. The ride is excellent and simplicity of it gives me a lot of peace of mind.
New brakes front and rear, rotors and pads.
New gas struts for the hatch.
New Dash lights.
New steering components, end links etc.
New Bilstein HD shocks front and rear.
Stock Bundt cake? wheels with very new all seasons.
Manual sunroof.
Valves adjusted within the past 5000 miles.
Alignment done.
Heat blows super hot!
Refurbished ACC unit - $200 just last october
Power windows all work perfectly!
17'' AMG replica wheels with Blizzak snows, only 1-2 seasons left. - $500 on their own!
Alpine stereo, polk speakers. Old but works well.
Greasecar kit with Premium digital controller. haha if you're still reading than I haven't scared you away yet.
Transmission and radiator flushed and filled by me in school.
I've been using a diesel synthetic oil...15w40...the motor seems to like it.
No tears in the seats. mbtex is in very nice condition.
[Image: dtp4w.jpg]
The bad:
The body isn't mint. at all. It's also not a bucket. It cleans up very well. There is rust on both front and rear fenders. The kid who drove it may have done some novice body work of his own.
Water comes in on the drivers side floor...I punched out the drain plugs and painted the floor with a chassis saver paint.
Vacuum issues so power locks don't work and the tranny flares. I may also fix both of these if it's a deal breaker.
No A/C
floor mats are really beat up.
It leaks oil... surprised? I never measured how much but I've always added about a qt every 3000 miles.
Wood trim is rough.
Needs a rear bumper and muffler...I'll probably take care of that myself.
[Image: afao8z.jpg]
The breakdown:
This ad is to see if I can interest any potential buyers for my Mercedes 300TDT. It's not perfect and if I keep it, I will store it and restore it at my leisure. It's served as a daily driver, weekend cruiser, and work truck for almost 2 years with NO major problems. My dream is to make it a one-of-a-kind hot rod diesel wagon with a cummins 4bt. I know I'll regret selling it because it makes me so happy looking at it every day and it draws so much positive attention. It's a great conversation starter too.

Why would I want to sell it? I spent a lot of money on a centrifuge system for my garage so I can process all kinds of oil myself...unfortunately, my landlord isn't crazy about that. If I get rid of the centrifuge I know I won't use the car as much and I don't want to drag it around with me until I buy my own house.

Let me know what you think folks. Please don't bother commenting if all you have are negative comments about the greasecar system.

w123love
Stockish

05-03-2012, 01:45 PM #2
Honestly I think that is a helluvadeal. If I was in CT, I would be all over that like a fat kid on a cup cake.

if it don’t blow black...take it back.

1982 300TDT 4 Speed 196K Standard Beige “VEGEWGN”. 300GD FW. Walbro FRC-8 Fuel Pump. ZadaTech LCD Boost, EGT, & Fuel Pressure gauge. Non-EGR Exhaust and Intake Manifold. 3/2 Valves gone. Soon to have Elsbett WVO conversion
1981 300D 314K Midnight Blue “The Blue Car”, Lovecrap system, owned 25 years+
1985 300TD White 198K “Betty White” Pure beauty

The VEGEWGN
w123love
05-03-2012, 01:45 PM #2

Honestly I think that is a helluvadeal. If I was in CT, I would be all over that like a fat kid on a cup cake.

if it don’t blow black...take it back.

1982 300TDT 4 Speed 196K Standard Beige “VEGEWGN”. 300GD FW. Walbro FRC-8 Fuel Pump. ZadaTech LCD Boost, EGT, & Fuel Pressure gauge. Non-EGR Exhaust and Intake Manifold. 3/2 Valves gone. Soon to have Elsbett WVO conversion
1981 300D 314K Midnight Blue “The Blue Car”, Lovecrap system, owned 25 years+
1985 300TD White 198K “Betty White” Pure beauty

The VEGEWGN

sassparilla_kid
diesel > all other fuels

05-03-2012, 02:22 PM #3
I would buy that in a heartbeat if I had the money to pay for it and the diesel to get back across the country!! This sounds like a super deal

-1982 300D Turbo, 280k miles, ALDA apparently maxxed, fram 8038, 12 lbs boost, non-egr manifolds, W/M injection, 4 brake light mod, Gen II w126 front rotors/calipers, 4-speed swap
In the works: A/W IC, adjust pump, turbo rebuild (w/60 trim comp wheel)
-1980 300SD, 110k, project car. Goal is to get it lookin' like it did on the showroom floor (body and interior wise, not necessarily under the hood )
-1974 240D, FRESH PAINT!!!!!!
sassparilla_kid
05-03-2012, 02:22 PM #3

I would buy that in a heartbeat if I had the money to pay for it and the diesel to get back across the country!! This sounds like a super deal

-1982 300D Turbo, 280k miles, ALDA apparently maxxed, fram 8038, 12 lbs boost, non-egr manifolds, W/M injection, 4 brake light mod, Gen II w126 front rotors/calipers, 4-speed swap
In the works: A/W IC, adjust pump, turbo rebuild (w/60 trim comp wheel)
-1980 300SD, 110k, project car. Goal is to get it lookin' like it did on the showroom floor (body and interior wise, not necessarily under the hood )
-1974 240D, FRESH PAINT!!!!!!

mhess427
Naturally-aspirated

05-03-2012, 02:32 PM #4
it's not even about the money...just imagine how much potential this car has. I have no problem keeping it, I just don't want it sitting around. I just started my career and I already have 2 other vehicles so there's no way I can give it the attention it deserves!

It needs a 4bt...and if I keep it, it WILL get one and be the baddest wagon around. I used to drive this to the beach on the weekends and it was the star of the boardwalk!
mhess427
05-03-2012, 02:32 PM #4

it's not even about the money...just imagine how much potential this car has. I have no problem keeping it, I just don't want it sitting around. I just started my career and I already have 2 other vehicles so there's no way I can give it the attention it deserves!

It needs a 4bt...and if I keep it, it WILL get one and be the baddest wagon around. I used to drive this to the beach on the weekends and it was the star of the boardwalk!

RustyLugNut
K26-2

05-03-2012, 03:09 PM #5
I honestly would keep it if it were up to me.

My son has been looking for a Turbo Diesel wagon. He is a drummer and needs to move his gear. He has a 300SD he currently drives around in but the trunk is capable of only so much stuff.

We would be willing to make a summer road trip if you are really interested in selling.
RustyLugNut
05-03-2012, 03:09 PM #5

I honestly would keep it if it were up to me.

My son has been looking for a Turbo Diesel wagon. He is a drummer and needs to move his gear. He has a 300SD he currently drives around in but the trunk is capable of only so much stuff.

We would be willing to make a summer road trip if you are really interested in selling.

JustPassinThru
W123 and W124

05-03-2012, 06:03 PM #6
My girlfriend wants it, but I told her it won't be on the market long enough at that price for us to get to Connecticut to pick it up! Otherwise she'd be on the phone to you right now, if she had your number.
This post was last modified: 05-03-2012, 06:04 PM by JustPassinThru.

Gone but not forgotten: two W123 sedans and two W124 wagons.
W124 1987 300TD wagon, for sale, $1000 (some assembly required).
JustPassinThru
05-03-2012, 06:03 PM #6

My girlfriend wants it, but I told her it won't be on the market long enough at that price for us to get to Connecticut to pick it up! Otherwise she'd be on the phone to you right now, if she had your number.

Gone but not forgotten: two W123 sedans and two W124 wagons.
W124 1987 300TD wagon, for sale, $1000 (some assembly required).

mhess427
Naturally-aspirated

05-04-2012, 10:28 AM #7
I'd really like someone from this forum to get it, just to get the appreciation it deserves. All the die-hard MB fanatics are disgusted by the greasecar kit anyways >_<. Worst case scenario is that I'll get my parents to let me garage it at their place until I have space for it or until someone is ready to come buy it.
mhess427
05-04-2012, 10:28 AM #7

I'd really like someone from this forum to get it, just to get the appreciation it deserves. All the die-hard MB fanatics are disgusted by the greasecar kit anyways >_<. Worst case scenario is that I'll get my parents to let me garage it at their place until I have space for it or until someone is ready to come buy it.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average