STD Other Non MBZ Diesel Sure Wish I Finished Training (Swift)

Sure Wish I Finished Training (Swift)

Sure Wish I Finished Training (Swift)

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

ForcedInduction
Banned

11-06-2008, 05:40 AM #1
The latest accident of one of our many talented drivers.

He said he had never been to the Denver terminal before. He was coming in to get two tires changed and he missed the entrance. What is the logical thing to do? Turn around. Instead of going 1/4 block further to a big cul-de-sac or driving around the block, he picked the tiny loop in front of the Colorado Cab Co.'s office.

First thing he did was scrape a yellow safety pole.
[Image: Swift1pole.jpg]

Did he stop? No.

He went on to run over a lamp pole.
[Image: Swiftlightpole.jpg]

Did he stop? No.

He ran over two of their bushes.
[Image: Swiftbush1.jpg]
[Image: Swiftbush2.jpg]

Did he stop? No.

The turn was getting too tight so he decided his left steer tire looked better painted yellow.
[Image: Swiftcurb.jpg]

Did he stop? No.

Now he is really starting to panic. He can see the exit so he floors it and demolishes a second light pole, a yellow safety pole and 8ft of 3ft high concrete block wall.
[Image: Swiftwall1.jpg]
[Image: Swiftwall2.jpg]

Did he stop? YES! Why? The wall severed his red airline and the trailer brakes locked.

Total damage to the Cab company- over $5,000.

Total damage to the trailer- over $3,000, repair labor/time and the load being late for delivery.
[Image: Swiftrighttires.jpg]
[Image: Swiftsliderdamage.jpg]

We all know he was going to run away and claim something like "I picked up the trailer this way" or "I hit a deer". Rolleyes
The Cab Co. was cool about the whole thing and no charges were filed against the driver although, hopefully, he will never drive for the company again.
ForcedInduction
11-06-2008, 05:40 AM #1

The latest accident of one of our many talented drivers.

He said he had never been to the Denver terminal before. He was coming in to get two tires changed and he missed the entrance. What is the logical thing to do? Turn around. Instead of going 1/4 block further to a big cul-de-sac or driving around the block, he picked the tiny loop in front of the Colorado Cab Co.'s office.

First thing he did was scrape a yellow safety pole.
[Image: Swift1pole.jpg]

Did he stop? No.

He went on to run over a lamp pole.
[Image: Swiftlightpole.jpg]

Did he stop? No.

He ran over two of their bushes.
[Image: Swiftbush1.jpg]
[Image: Swiftbush2.jpg]

Did he stop? No.

The turn was getting too tight so he decided his left steer tire looked better painted yellow.
[Image: Swiftcurb.jpg]

Did he stop? No.

Now he is really starting to panic. He can see the exit so he floors it and demolishes a second light pole, a yellow safety pole and 8ft of 3ft high concrete block wall.
[Image: Swiftwall1.jpg]
[Image: Swiftwall2.jpg]

Did he stop? YES! Why? The wall severed his red airline and the trailer brakes locked.

Total damage to the Cab company- over $5,000.

Total damage to the trailer- over $3,000, repair labor/time and the load being late for delivery.
[Image: Swiftrighttires.jpg]
[Image: Swiftsliderdamage.jpg]

We all know he was going to run away and claim something like "I picked up the trailer this way" or "I hit a deer". Rolleyes
The Cab Co. was cool about the whole thing and no charges were filed against the driver although, hopefully, he will never drive for the company again.

Lapoint
Naturally-aspirated

11-06-2008, 06:00 AM #2
No brains. No headaches!
Lapoint
11-06-2008, 06:00 AM #2

No brains. No headaches!

Telecommbrkr
Soon to be mod'ing......

11-06-2008, 10:39 PM #3
WOW! I'm too dumbfounded for words...........and we travel down the hiway beside these people......scary, very scary. :o

'Jurgen' - 1982 300sd cream paint with palimino MB tex interior. Now running with new cooling systemBig Grin.......discovered oil cooler has pinhole @#$%@Angry Nitrile gloves back on......

'Otto' - 1985 300sd anthracite? grey/silver? with grey leather interior. (heated front seats!!!!Cool ) Euro headlights

Mods are in the works...
Telecommbrkr
11-06-2008, 10:39 PM #3

WOW! I'm too dumbfounded for words...........and we travel down the hiway beside these people......scary, very scary. :o

'Jurgen' - 1982 300sd cream paint with palimino MB tex interior. Now running with new cooling systemBig Grin.......discovered oil cooler has pinhole @#$%@Angry Nitrile gloves back on......

'Otto' - 1985 300sd anthracite? grey/silver? with grey leather interior. (heated front seats!!!!Cool ) Euro headlights

Mods are in the works...

rmd2k1
K26-2

10-13-2010, 08:01 PM #4
wow...looks like something some of the drivers I work with would do. I just can not figure out how these drivers are dumb enough to do things like this and continue on.
rmd2k1
10-13-2010, 08:01 PM #4

wow...looks like something some of the drivers I work with would do. I just can not figure out how these drivers are dumb enough to do things like this and continue on.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average