STD Tuning Engine engine swap from OM612 to OM647 270 cdi

engine swap from OM612 to OM647 270 cdi

engine swap from OM612 to OM647 270 cdi

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Turbo
Holset

04-17-2012, 03:44 AM #1
My Mercedes 2002 S210 270CDI and its 650000km is singing on the last breach so I am thinking of an engine swap from the OM612 to a OM647, I guess that it is not so simple to just swap engine and ECU. I want to use the eletronically controling VNT. I have been searching for some experience in this but without any luck so far. Somebody here have some experience and willing to change information, it would be highly appreciated

This is a little irritating since my super turbo diesel projekt is not finished, and properly not in some time to come

RGDS
Turbo
04-17-2012, 03:44 AM #1

My Mercedes 2002 S210 270CDI and its 650000km is singing on the last breach so I am thinking of an engine swap from the OM612 to a OM647, I guess that it is not so simple to just swap engine and ECU. I want to use the eletronically controling VNT. I have been searching for some experience in this but without any luck so far. Somebody here have some experience and willing to change information, it would be highly appreciated

This is a little irritating since my super turbo diesel projekt is not finished, and properly not in some time to come

RGDS

plurkje
turbodiesel

04-22-2012, 12:01 PM #2
hallo,
I'm not a native speaker also, so I'm puzzled when you say: "is singing on the last breach". If I understand you right you say your 5 cilinder cdi engine with a little more than a half million kilometers is worn out(?). Have you ever replaced anything? Maybe change oil and filters? Those engines can easily handle high mileges. Unless you let it choke on high amounts of egr input. New injectors can make a world of difference! Normally these injectors last something like 150000 km. The newer 6 cilinder engine (OM647) is a better engine, without any doubt but you need everything around it (compete car to make the swap).
My advise; make your engine run good again. I've never seen a cdi engine with simular milege having worn cilinders. Or it's due to neglect.
Keep us updated!
Good luck
plurkje
04-22-2012, 12:01 PM #2

hallo,
I'm not a native speaker also, so I'm puzzled when you say: "is singing on the last breach". If I understand you right you say your 5 cilinder cdi engine with a little more than a half million kilometers is worn out(?). Have you ever replaced anything? Maybe change oil and filters? Those engines can easily handle high mileges. Unless you let it choke on high amounts of egr input. New injectors can make a world of difference! Normally these injectors last something like 150000 km. The newer 6 cilinder engine (OM647) is a better engine, without any doubt but you need everything around it (compete car to make the swap).
My advise; make your engine run good again. I've never seen a cdi engine with simular milege having worn cilinders. Or it's due to neglect.
Keep us updated!
Good luck

Turbo
Holset

04-24-2012, 08:10 AM #3
Hi
sorry I guess I should have written -"its On its last legs ... it was a translation direct from Swedish, should have known better...

The engine has gone overheated one time 4 years ago and that former owner just kept on driving it to he was home. He tried to change oil several times and the noise for a short wile did go away but soon come back again witch I am experience now. I dislike it quite much. I bought the car in bad condition, not electric charging, dog food piss and shit, coca cola, hamburger dressing and so own, the smell was almost unbearable, back suspension damage, pressure side from turbo is leaking huge and it is in limp mode

I have spend 4 full days reconditioning the car inside, textile leather and so it is possible to sit and enjoy this great car again.

I do know there is people that can take away immobilizer from the system and I do have the ecu but getting in contact of somebody that really knows the system and know what she or he is doing seams to happen first when hell freeze to ice.
I am thinking of tuning this cars and it needs some love after the former owners..

But like you say maybe it is better so take it apart and see what wrong

(04-22-2012, 12:01 PM)plurkje hallo,
Keep us updated!
Good luck

Turbo
04-24-2012, 08:10 AM #3

Hi
sorry I guess I should have written -"its On its last legs ... it was a translation direct from Swedish, should have known better...

The engine has gone overheated one time 4 years ago and that former owner just kept on driving it to he was home. He tried to change oil several times and the noise for a short wile did go away but soon come back again witch I am experience now. I dislike it quite much. I bought the car in bad condition, not electric charging, dog food piss and shit, coca cola, hamburger dressing and so own, the smell was almost unbearable, back suspension damage, pressure side from turbo is leaking huge and it is in limp mode

I have spend 4 full days reconditioning the car inside, textile leather and so it is possible to sit and enjoy this great car again.

I do know there is people that can take away immobilizer from the system and I do have the ecu but getting in contact of somebody that really knows the system and know what she or he is doing seams to happen first when hell freeze to ice.
I am thinking of tuning this cars and it needs some love after the former owners..

But like you say maybe it is better so take it apart and see what wrong

(04-22-2012, 12:01 PM)plurkje hallo,
Keep us updated!
Good luck

plurkje
turbodiesel

04-25-2012, 02:52 PM #4
Overheating? Due to the lack of cooling system function? Or due to sufficient engine oil?
The smel of turbo back pressure? How did you get your nose in such a small and hot space like the front runner exhaust pipe while driving. If the injectors are leaking half burt fumes that will cause horrific smell inside the car! But I never smelled anything created by any turbo.

Sounds like an cilinderhead overhaul to me. The nasty smell should be solved, the sound, the overheating would be gone and performance would smile in your face like never before.
Normally these engines can endure some serious beating but if you're really in contempt of the technique, it can be distroyed. Your story sound like the latter.

In my experience I'd say; take the head off and have it proffesionally be rebuild (a lot cheaper than what you suggested)
plurkje
04-25-2012, 02:52 PM #4

Overheating? Due to the lack of cooling system function? Or due to sufficient engine oil?
The smel of turbo back pressure? How did you get your nose in such a small and hot space like the front runner exhaust pipe while driving. If the injectors are leaking half burt fumes that will cause horrific smell inside the car! But I never smelled anything created by any turbo.

Sounds like an cilinderhead overhaul to me. The nasty smell should be solved, the sound, the overheating would be gone and performance would smile in your face like never before.
Normally these engines can endure some serious beating but if you're really in contempt of the technique, it can be distroyed. Your story sound like the latter.

In my experience I'd say; take the head off and have it proffesionally be rebuild (a lot cheaper than what you suggested)

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average