STD Tuning Engine KKK turbocharger from 300SDL

KKK turbocharger from 300SDL

KKK turbocharger from 300SDL

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

JustPassinThru
W123 and W124

04-15-2012, 11:12 AM #1
I pulled it yesterday from an '87 300SDL with 243K on the odometer. Also pulled the front half of the exhaust system. Also pulled the exhaust manifold, in case anyone wants it. The yard crushed the car ten minutes after I was done. Too bad, because it had a perfectly good-appearing IP, and beautiful palomino velour interior with a perfect dashboard. Also, upon reflection, I wish I'd grabbed the rear half of the exhaust pipe, it had no muffler, just a cherry bomb. Also had good Bendix front calipers, rotors looked new. But it was their quarterly yard-cleanup day, so off to Benz Heaven it went.

This turbo has about 1 --well, no, make that 1/2 mm-- of side-to-side shaft play, no axial play. Spins freely.

I am wondering how I identify what model it is --I presume either K24 or K26. And, is the half-millimeter of side-to-side play, too much?
This post was last modified: 04-15-2012, 11:46 AM by JustPassinThru.

Gone but not forgotten: two W123 sedans and two W124 wagons.
W124 1987 300TD wagon, for sale, $1000 (some assembly required).
JustPassinThru
04-15-2012, 11:12 AM #1

I pulled it yesterday from an '87 300SDL with 243K on the odometer. Also pulled the front half of the exhaust system. Also pulled the exhaust manifold, in case anyone wants it. The yard crushed the car ten minutes after I was done. Too bad, because it had a perfectly good-appearing IP, and beautiful palomino velour interior with a perfect dashboard. Also, upon reflection, I wish I'd grabbed the rear half of the exhaust pipe, it had no muffler, just a cherry bomb. Also had good Bendix front calipers, rotors looked new. But it was their quarterly yard-cleanup day, so off to Benz Heaven it went.

This turbo has about 1 --well, no, make that 1/2 mm-- of side-to-side shaft play, no axial play. Spins freely.

I am wondering how I identify what model it is --I presume either K24 or K26. And, is the half-millimeter of side-to-side play, too much?

Gone but not forgotten: two W123 sedans and two W124 wagons.
W124 1987 300TD wagon, for sale, $1000 (some assembly required).

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average