STD Other Open Driving a Mercedes is like.......

Driving a Mercedes is like.......

Driving a Mercedes is like.......

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

sassparilla_kid
diesel > all other fuels

04-14-2012, 11:06 PM #1
I'm just curious what everybody else equates driving their mercedes to

-1982 300D Turbo, 280k miles, ALDA apparently maxxed, fram 8038, 12 lbs boost, non-egr manifolds, W/M injection, 4 brake light mod, Gen II w126 front rotors/calipers, 4-speed swap
In the works: A/W IC, adjust pump, turbo rebuild (w/60 trim comp wheel)
-1980 300SD, 110k, project car. Goal is to get it lookin' like it did on the showroom floor (body and interior wise, not necessarily under the hood )
-1974 240D, FRESH PAINT!!!!!!
sassparilla_kid
04-14-2012, 11:06 PM #1

I'm just curious what everybody else equates driving their mercedes to

-1982 300D Turbo, 280k miles, ALDA apparently maxxed, fram 8038, 12 lbs boost, non-egr manifolds, W/M injection, 4 brake light mod, Gen II w126 front rotors/calipers, 4-speed swap
In the works: A/W IC, adjust pump, turbo rebuild (w/60 trim comp wheel)
-1980 300SD, 110k, project car. Goal is to get it lookin' like it did on the showroom floor (body and interior wise, not necessarily under the hood )
-1974 240D, FRESH PAINT!!!!!!

vstef_is
GT2256V

04-14-2012, 11:57 PM #2
(04-14-2012, 11:06 PM)sassparilla_kid I'm just curious what everybody else equates driving their mercedes to

... a potato. Big Grin

Actually what I associate driving a Mercedes with is one thing - Elegance and S - two things! - Elegance, Stamina and Hi - THREE things - Elegance, Stamina and High class engineering.

Not sure how to place that into a feeling. But I do feel elegant (and try to drive accordingly, with the occasional power-drift in a tight corner, when no one's looking), I have the feeling it will go forever, and I can just take it anywhere, and I feel like there's high class stuff under my behind. Something like the best or nothing.

There you go. Now draw me like one of your french girls.

1982 s123 300TD TurboDiesel (US Spec) in France
vstef_is
04-14-2012, 11:57 PM #2

(04-14-2012, 11:06 PM)sassparilla_kid I'm just curious what everybody else equates driving their mercedes to

... a potato. Big Grin

Actually what I associate driving a Mercedes with is one thing - Elegance and S - two things! - Elegance, Stamina and Hi - THREE things - Elegance, Stamina and High class engineering.

Not sure how to place that into a feeling. But I do feel elegant (and try to drive accordingly, with the occasional power-drift in a tight corner, when no one's looking), I have the feeling it will go forever, and I can just take it anywhere, and I feel like there's high class stuff under my behind. Something like the best or nothing.

There you go. Now draw me like one of your french girls.

1982 s123 300TD TurboDiesel (US Spec) in France

larsalan
Superturbo

04-15-2012, 07:56 AM #3
I do it all kinds of ways. Mine is like a work truck sometimes, I love to load it up with tons of lumber or firewood. A couple times took her to the cement plant and loaded the trunk with gravel for some drainage project I was doing.
Dudes that are working at those places always think it's hilarious to put like 1000+ lb of stuff in a little car.

Rusted out beat down 300d turbo 82' -- RIP
Nice body, tons of ridiculous mechanical issues - 300d turbo 82' /motor 85'
larsalan
04-15-2012, 07:56 AM #3

I do it all kinds of ways. Mine is like a work truck sometimes, I love to load it up with tons of lumber or firewood. A couple times took her to the cement plant and loaded the trunk with gravel for some drainage project I was doing.
Dudes that are working at those places always think it's hilarious to put like 1000+ lb of stuff in a little car.

Rusted out beat down 300d turbo 82' -- RIP
Nice body, tons of ridiculous mechanical issues - 300d turbo 82' /motor 85'

JustPassinThru
W123 and W124

04-15-2012, 11:41 AM #4
Like a cloud on rails. Too noisy inside though. But I'm soundproofing it.

Doesn't matter how bad a day I've had, driving it makes me feel like maybe there's hope after all.

Makes me feel like an intelligent life form, trapped on a planet full of stupid thieves and casual killers.

My front passenger seat has been given Greazzer's treatment, i.e. one more coil spring added to the front corners. Plus a block of foam on each side, so the straight springs' V-compression is against the foam. I did not do it myself, I took it to an upholstery shop the owner of which knows what he's doing. Quite simply, it is the perfect car seat. Women who sit in that seat, become putty in my hands. Men who sit in that seat, bail out at the first stoplight, afraid that I am somehow Of The Devil.
This post was last modified: 04-15-2012, 01:21 PM by JustPassinThru.

Gone but not forgotten: two W123 sedans and two W124 wagons.
W124 1987 300TD wagon, for sale, $1000 (some assembly required).
JustPassinThru
04-15-2012, 11:41 AM #4

Like a cloud on rails. Too noisy inside though. But I'm soundproofing it.

Doesn't matter how bad a day I've had, driving it makes me feel like maybe there's hope after all.

Makes me feel like an intelligent life form, trapped on a planet full of stupid thieves and casual killers.

My front passenger seat has been given Greazzer's treatment, i.e. one more coil spring added to the front corners. Plus a block of foam on each side, so the straight springs' V-compression is against the foam. I did not do it myself, I took it to an upholstery shop the owner of which knows what he's doing. Quite simply, it is the perfect car seat. Women who sit in that seat, become putty in my hands. Men who sit in that seat, bail out at the first stoplight, afraid that I am somehow Of The Devil.

Gone but not forgotten: two W123 sedans and two W124 wagons.
W124 1987 300TD wagon, for sale, $1000 (some assembly required).

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average