STD Tuning Engine om606 - om611

om606 - om611

om606 - om611

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

mgnf
Naturally-aspirated

04-02-2012, 03:12 PM #1
i've got a om611 sprinter (2.2cdi)
i've abused this van on a daily basis for a good few hours a day for the past year or so...
it had a recon pump and brand new alternator when i bought it plus i did the damn aweful rattly belt tensioner on the motor.

i was trucking up a hill last weekend only to find i had to shift down alot more than usual, it was damn slow!! (my misses was obviously impressed that we had to stop...)

pulled the MAF sensor and its gunged up with some black death, cleaned it on an item of clothing and pulled the air filter and set off again... goes better than ever... long story short... my turbo has quite alot of lateral play and it letting oil through... im still running it for work now with the filter out and it seems to be ok...
(its done 200,000 miles so im hardly suprised)

its a hightop and lands on the weighbridge (with tools) at 2995KG so it was never stupidly fast...

a new van is not an option...

i want to ideally big turbo an om606 and bolt it to my 611 gearbox... anyone done this? can i put a 312 turbo on my engine? as i seem to know for alot of these but not 311 turbos??
should i fit a standard turbo and wind it up and put a 313 ecu in it?
or get it remapped with standard turbo and ecu?
i need help!!

i either need to fit a standard turbo or use this as a prime oppertunity to make something special...
(i would use om606 with 603 pump and just cut out all the cdi loom)
maybe holset hx35? these found on DAF LF's over here?

any help soon would be greatly appreciated as my turbo will die soon...

(i get amazing wastegate chatter with no filter... everyone stares haha!)
i drove a friends LT35 (156) the other day and will not settle untill my merc is faster!

van is a 2002 311cdi
cheers!

last picture is something i spotted at the tank museum...
i ran a ford transit lwb h/r with the LDV turbo and bosch pump for 4 years ( was boring as a 75hp so we fitted the ldv engine and after alot of tweaking probably doubled the power )
so you could say i've got a taste for coal chuckers...

here's one you mercedes fanatics might likeBig Grin... a friend decided to vent his anger on my transit the day i bought the mercedes...

This post was last modified: 04-02-2012, 03:27 PM by mgnf.

Mercedes sprinter 311cdi
mgnf
04-02-2012, 03:12 PM #1

i've got a om611 sprinter (2.2cdi)
i've abused this van on a daily basis for a good few hours a day for the past year or so...
it had a recon pump and brand new alternator when i bought it plus i did the damn aweful rattly belt tensioner on the motor.

i was trucking up a hill last weekend only to find i had to shift down alot more than usual, it was damn slow!! (my misses was obviously impressed that we had to stop...)

pulled the MAF sensor and its gunged up with some black death, cleaned it on an item of clothing and pulled the air filter and set off again... goes better than ever... long story short... my turbo has quite alot of lateral play and it letting oil through... im still running it for work now with the filter out and it seems to be ok...
(its done 200,000 miles so im hardly suprised)

its a hightop and lands on the weighbridge (with tools) at 2995KG so it was never stupidly fast...

a new van is not an option...

i want to ideally big turbo an om606 and bolt it to my 611 gearbox... anyone done this? can i put a 312 turbo on my engine? as i seem to know for alot of these but not 311 turbos??
should i fit a standard turbo and wind it up and put a 313 ecu in it?
or get it remapped with standard turbo and ecu?
i need help!!

i either need to fit a standard turbo or use this as a prime oppertunity to make something special...
(i would use om606 with 603 pump and just cut out all the cdi loom)
maybe holset hx35? these found on DAF LF's over here?

any help soon would be greatly appreciated as my turbo will die soon...

(i get amazing wastegate chatter with no filter... everyone stares haha!)
i drove a friends LT35 (156) the other day and will not settle untill my merc is faster!

van is a 2002 311cdi
cheers!

last picture is something i spotted at the tank museum...

i ran a ford transit lwb h/r with the LDV turbo and bosch pump for 4 years ( was boring as a 75hp so we fitted the ldv engine and after alot of tweaking probably doubled the power )
so you could say i've got a taste for coal chuckers...

here's one you mercedes fanatics might likeBig Grin... a friend decided to vent his anger on my transit the day i bought the mercedes...

Mercedes sprinter 311cdi

aaa
GT2256V

04-02-2012, 06:02 PM #2
I'd be more worried about physical fit of whatever engine you choose. Seems the vans only got 4 and 5 cylinder engines, so that probably limits your choices.

Does it have an automatic transmission? If it does then that probably depends on the wiring loom.
aaa
04-02-2012, 06:02 PM #2

I'd be more worried about physical fit of whatever engine you choose. Seems the vans only got 4 and 5 cylinder engines, so that probably limits your choices.

Does it have an automatic transmission? If it does then that probably depends on the wiring loom.

mgnf
Naturally-aspirated

04-03-2012, 12:57 AM #3
Yeah the van only has
4 cylinders hence why I want to upgrade, transmission is 5speed manual in the dash.
Im quite sure my engine is fine, just the turbo that's gone

Mercedes sprinter 311cdi
mgnf
04-03-2012, 12:57 AM #3

Yeah the van only has
4 cylinders hence why I want to upgrade, transmission is 5speed manual in the dash.
Im quite sure my engine is fine, just the turbo that's gone

Mercedes sprinter 311cdi

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average