STD Other FS / WTB / Buying guides wtb climate control mount

wtb climate control mount

wtb climate control mount

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

lgreeley83
Mr. Rumbles

03-25-2012, 12:48 PM #1
Hey all I was initially going to try to bypass the climate control with some switches and what not. Than I found this in my trunk. Hooked it up and it works. Ignore the bottons on the right. I found them and know they dont match.

I need the mounting stuff for it. The black plastic and the trim piece.

This post was last modified: 03-25-2012, 01:04 PM by lgreeley83.

" straighten up that star on the grill, assholes."

lgreeley83
03-25-2012, 12:48 PM #1

Hey all I was initially going to try to bypass the climate control with some switches and what not. Than I found this in my trunk. Hooked it up and it works. Ignore the bottons on the right. I found them and know they dont match.

I need the mounting stuff for it. The black plastic and the trim piece.

willbhere4u
Six in a row make her go!

03-26-2012, 09:42 AM #2
I'll look when I'm at the junk yards for it

1987 300SDL 6spd manual om606.962 swap project
1985 300td euro 5spd wagon running
willbhere4u
03-26-2012, 09:42 AM #2

I'll look when I'm at the junk yards for it

1987 300SDL 6spd manual om606.962 swap project
1985 300td euro 5spd wagon running

lgreeley83
Mr. Rumbles

03-26-2012, 09:57 AM #3
Thanks

did a bit more looking at the part

Part # is 126 830 02 85

I saw it says 126 and though uh oh. My harness plugs in and it operates my fan. Couldnt say what else it operates yet. I guess that some of these were interchangeable so i have read else where. I read this only difference in pins on the unit were for an additional vent in the 126.

Apreciate all help. I realize its like a garage sale since i joined. Trying to get this.misfit car into some sort of normal driver has been fun. Tools always scatter my floor, dash out, wiring funky. I just dont understand how ive got all this 85 stuff in here when vin say 80. Truly a puzzle car designed to keep me guessing.

lgreeley83
03-26-2012, 09:57 AM #3

Thanks

did a bit more looking at the part

Part # is 126 830 02 85

I saw it says 126 and though uh oh. My harness plugs in and it operates my fan. Couldnt say what else it operates yet. I guess that some of these were interchangeable so i have read else where. I read this only difference in pins on the unit were for an additional vent in the 126.

Apreciate all help. I realize its like a garage sale since i joined. Trying to get this.misfit car into some sort of normal driver has been fun. Tools always scatter my floor, dash out, wiring funky. I just dont understand how ive got all this 85 stuff in here when vin say 80. Truly a puzzle car designed to keep me guessing.

lgreeley83
Mr. Rumbles

03-26-2012, 12:19 PM #4
Ok so I uploaded some pics of the setup I think I need. I don't really know being that my dash has never been fully assembled. Big Grin

That style black plastic mount and that style trim
This post was last modified: 03-26-2012, 12:20 PM by lgreeley83.

lgreeley83
03-26-2012, 12:19 PM #4

Ok so I uploaded some pics of the setup I think I need. I don't really know being that my dash has never been fully assembled. Big Grin

That style black plastic mount and that style trim

JustPassinThru
W123 and W124

03-26-2012, 01:17 PM #5
Here's a thorough description of how to totally remove every part of the HVAC system right down to the evaporator:

http://www.peachparts.com/Wikka/W123Evaporator

It's 116 pages, if you print out the whole procedure. I recently printed it out and followed it, to extract the manual climate control from a 240D. An all-day job. Quite a feeling of accomplishment, when at long last I finally pulled the whole kit'n'kaboodle. It involves, basically, a complete disassembly of the whole front of the interior right down to the firewall. You don't really need to pull the steering wheel though. It does help if you remove the front seats first. If you get tired of the loud cabin noise of the W123 and decide to completely soundproof the interior using Dynamat or similar and mass-loaded vinyl or whatever, then you will need to follow this procedure.

So what you're really asking is, has anybody done this, and would be willing to sell or give you a part of what they just spent a whole day to extract. Eventually, when I install the 240D climate control in my 300D, I will have my old leftover 300D HVAC system. But I would not be willing to break it up to sell you just the plastic mounting. Besides, undoubtedly you will find that there are other little parts you need.

But some people have been pulling Benz'es apart for long enough that they just might have the pieces you need, lying around. Maybe someone pulled the whole unit just to get an evaporator.

You might try sending a PM to Oil Burner, see if he has what you need. Or, maybe your chances would be best if you sign up on the PeachParts and BenzWorld forums and ask there. A lot more eyeballs.

Otherwise, print out this procedure and go a-hunting at wrecking yards.

Good luck!
This post was last modified: 03-26-2012, 01:43 PM by JustPassinThru.

Gone but not forgotten: two W123 sedans and two W124 wagons.
W124 1987 300TD wagon, for sale, $1000 (some assembly required).
JustPassinThru
03-26-2012, 01:17 PM #5

Here's a thorough description of how to totally remove every part of the HVAC system right down to the evaporator:

It's 116 pages, if you print out the whole procedure. I recently printed it out and followed it, to extract the manual climate control from a 240D. An all-day job. Quite a feeling of accomplishment, when at long last I finally pulled the whole kit'n'kaboodle. It involves, basically, a complete disassembly of the whole front of the interior right down to the firewall. You don't really need to pull the steering wheel though. It does help if you remove the front seats first. If you get tired of the loud cabin noise of the W123 and decide to completely soundproof the interior using Dynamat or similar and mass-loaded vinyl or whatever, then you will need to follow this procedure.

So what you're really asking is, has anybody done this, and would be willing to sell or give you a part of what they just spent a whole day to extract. Eventually, when I install the 240D climate control in my 300D, I will have my old leftover 300D HVAC system. But I would not be willing to break it up to sell you just the plastic mounting. Besides, undoubtedly you will find that there are other little parts you need.

But some people have been pulling Benz'es apart for long enough that they just might have the pieces you need, lying around. Maybe someone pulled the whole unit just to get an evaporator.

You might try sending a PM to Oil Burner, see if he has what you need. Or, maybe your chances would be best if you sign up on the PeachParts and BenzWorld forums and ask there. A lot more eyeballs.

Otherwise, print out this procedure and go a-hunting at wrecking yards.

Good luck!

lgreeley83
Mr. Rumbles

03-26-2012, 02:32 PM #6
Anybody got an evaporator i can buy on the cheap?

Just kidding. Hope i dont need an evaporator. I figure the control unit itself is not more than a few screws and clips. The rest of that seems pretty daunting though. Im in my junkyard at least twice a week and never are these cars in there. Not my intent to undermind anybody's efforts. You all have been a great help and i appreciate it very much.

Good diy post....it seems like.getting the original working right could be easier though. Im sure i am mistaken. My sig says loving the simplicity but i am quickly learning this is not always true.

lgreeley83
03-26-2012, 02:32 PM #6

Anybody got an evaporator i can buy on the cheap?

Just kidding. Hope i dont need an evaporator. I figure the control unit itself is not more than a few screws and clips. The rest of that seems pretty daunting though. Im in my junkyard at least twice a week and never are these cars in there. Not my intent to undermind anybody's efforts. You all have been a great help and i appreciate it very much.

Good diy post....it seems like.getting the original working right could be easier though. Im sure i am mistaken. My sig says loving the simplicity but i am quickly learning this is not always true.

JustPassinThru
W123 and W124

03-26-2012, 02:49 PM #7
It is both the advantage and the downside of these cars, that they *seem* simple enough to be fixable by the average backyard mechanic. Ah, but...sometimes the last backyard mechanic's ambition exceeded his ability and/or know-how. Or just plain his *patience*.

Heh...it took me about two hours, the other day, when fixing a broken passenger-side front door lock, to have it dawn on me...after much bafflement...that the last mechanic had assembled the upper-end spring-clip arrangement of the rod that connects the vacuum actuator to the lever which works the rod to the door lock proper...upside down...
This post was last modified: 03-26-2012, 02:51 PM by JustPassinThru.

JustPassinThru
03-26-2012, 02:49 PM #7

It is both the advantage and the downside of these cars, that they *seem* simple enough to be fixable by the average backyard mechanic. Ah, but...sometimes the last backyard mechanic's ambition exceeded his ability and/or know-how. Or just plain his *patience*.

Heh...it took me about two hours, the other day, when fixing a broken passenger-side front door lock, to have it dawn on me...after much bafflement...that the last mechanic had assembled the upper-end spring-clip arrangement of the rod that connects the vacuum actuator to the lever which works the rod to the door lock proper...upside down...

lgreeley83
Mr. Rumbles

03-26-2012, 08:29 PM #8
(03-26-2012, 02:49 PM)JustPassinThru Ah, but...sometimes the last backyard mechanic's ambition exceeded his ability and/or know-how. Or just plain his *patience*.

Lol i hear ya. I was wondering why i had all this 84-85 stuff in my car titled as an 80. I found an old 85 data plate in my trunk today. Vin # plate near windshield seems tampered with.... asside from 1980 non turbo lower insurance cost i cant imagine why someone would go as far as re riviting a dif data plate on the car. Stole? Mafia hitman?

Anyway my wiring is goofy from front to rear. My car only shuts off if i suck on the vacuum line i put on the ip. I am trying to get a good footing but it seems every aspect of this car is tampered with.

lgreeley83
03-26-2012, 08:29 PM #8

(03-26-2012, 02:49 PM)JustPassinThru Ah, but...sometimes the last backyard mechanic's ambition exceeded his ability and/or know-how. Or just plain his *patience*.

Lol i hear ya. I was wondering why i had all this 84-85 stuff in my car titled as an 80. I found an old 85 data plate in my trunk today. Vin # plate near windshield seems tampered with.... asside from 1980 non turbo lower insurance cost i cant imagine why someone would go as far as re riviting a dif data plate on the car. Stole? Mafia hitman?

Anyway my wiring is goofy from front to rear. My car only shuts off if i suck on the vacuum line i put on the ip. I am trying to get a good footing but it seems every aspect of this car is tampered with.

JustPassinThru
W123 and W124

03-27-2012, 01:09 AM #9
In Washington State, at 30 years old it becomes a "collector vehicle" and qualifies for a license plate that proudly proclaims it so. An '80 qualifies, an '85 doesn't. Insurance discounts apply. So that's one possibility. Maybe there are also less-stringent emissions requirements there for '80's than for '85's.

Or, as you say, maybe it's stolen.

So, you go by the VIN that is stamped on the firewall, inside the engine compartment. Benzworld has several VIN lookup services. Some dealership parts counters, though not all, will be happy to look up the datacard (original build specifications) for a VIN. And even print out wiring and vacuum diagrams for you.

This is useful:
http://www.dieselgiant.com/mercedesvacuu...ooting.htm

DeliveryValve posted this awhile back. It is intended to show what to remove, in order to disconnect the EGR and ARV functions. But it is equally useful for showing how they should look:

Eh, somewhere around here, I have a nice photograph showing how they should all look. Perhaps someone will jump in here. I've had a hard day and am off to bed.

Oh wait, here it is. Right-click-open-in-new-tab to see the photos at a larger size:
http://boostnbenz.1baddsm.com/DIY/Vacuum/

As for wiring, once you have established what year it really is, this may be useful:

http://www.startekinfo.com/StarTek/outsi...ocId=12265

The W123 manual is available online, if you look long and hard enough.
This post was last modified: 03-27-2012, 01:47 AM by JustPassinThru.

JustPassinThru
03-27-2012, 01:09 AM #9

In Washington State, at 30 years old it becomes a "collector vehicle" and qualifies for a license plate that proudly proclaims it so. An '80 qualifies, an '85 doesn't. Insurance discounts apply. So that's one possibility. Maybe there are also less-stringent emissions requirements there for '80's than for '85's.

Or, as you say, maybe it's stolen.

So, you go by the VIN that is stamped on the firewall, inside the engine compartment. Benzworld has several VIN lookup services. Some dealership parts counters, though not all, will be happy to look up the datacard (original build specifications) for a VIN. And even print out wiring and vacuum diagrams for you.

This is useful:
http://www.dieselgiant.com/mercedesvacuu...ooting.htm

DeliveryValve posted this awhile back. It is intended to show what to remove, in order to disconnect the EGR and ARV functions. But it is equally useful for showing how they should look:

Eh, somewhere around here, I have a nice photograph showing how they should all look. Perhaps someone will jump in here. I've had a hard day and am off to bed.

Oh wait, here it is. Right-click-open-in-new-tab to see the photos at a larger size:
http://boostnbenz.1baddsm.com/DIY/Vacuum/

As for wiring, once you have established what year it really is, this may be useful:

http://www.startekinfo.com/StarTek/outsi...ocId=12265

The W123 manual is available online, if you look long and hard enough.

lgreeley83
Mr. Rumbles

03-27-2012, 10:04 AM #10
Thanks this stuff should help me. Dieselgiant posts some pretty good stuff.

lgreeley83
03-27-2012, 10:04 AM #10

Thanks this stuff should help me. Dieselgiant posts some pretty good stuff.

DeliveryValve
Superturbo

03-27-2012, 02:11 PM #11
(03-26-2012, 08:29 PM)lgreeley83 ....
Lol i hear ya. I was wondering why i had all this 84-85 stuff in my car titled as an 80. I found an old 85 data plate in my trunk today. Vin # plate near windshield seems tampered with.... asside from 1980 non turbo lower insurance cost i cant imagine why someone would go as far as re riviting a dif data plate on the car. Stole? Mafia hitman? ...

I hate to say this, but you may need to do a bit more investigating on this car. You should do a VIN search on the VINs you have on hand. Changing out a VIN is fraud and may indicate a stolen vehicle.
You would probably never be able to sell this car, nor be able to send it to the junk yard when the time comes.

The prudent course of action after you've done a VIN search is alert the proper authorities and get a recommendation from them...... Or the not recommended course of action... turn a blind eye, drive the crap out of the car and when it comes time to get rid of it, part it out/cut it up and throw the rest of it in your garbage cans or have a nice bone fire in some deserted corn field.Angel

This post was last modified: 03-27-2012, 02:13 PM by DeliveryValve.

Gota love Mercedes Diesels!

DeliveryValve
03-27-2012, 02:11 PM #11

(03-26-2012, 08:29 PM)lgreeley83 ....
Lol i hear ya. I was wondering why i had all this 84-85 stuff in my car titled as an 80. I found an old 85 data plate in my trunk today. Vin # plate near windshield seems tampered with.... asside from 1980 non turbo lower insurance cost i cant imagine why someone would go as far as re riviting a dif data plate on the car. Stole? Mafia hitman? ...

I hate to say this, but you may need to do a bit more investigating on this car. You should do a VIN search on the VINs you have on hand. Changing out a VIN is fraud and may indicate a stolen vehicle.
You would probably never be able to sell this car, nor be able to send it to the junk yard when the time comes.

The prudent course of action after you've done a VIN search is alert the proper authorities and get a recommendation from them...... Or the not recommended course of action... turn a blind eye, drive the crap out of the car and when it comes time to get rid of it, part it out/cut it up and throw the rest of it in your garbage cans or have a nice bone fire in some deserted corn field.Angel

Gota love Mercedes Diesels!

JustPassinThru
W123 and W124

03-28-2012, 01:07 AM #12
(03-27-2012, 02:11 PM)DeliveryValve ...I hate to say this, but you may need to do a bit more investigating on this car. You should do a VIN search on the VINs you have on hand. Changing out a VIN is fraud and may indicate a stolen vehicle...

Or, to be exceedingly optimistic, perhaps it was in an accident, went under a semi trailer, and the impact accordioned the roof and pillars. So, these were replaced by welding-on the top from an '80.

I *said* I was being "exceedingly optimistic" Tongue

Should have an A-pillar plate that matches what's stamped on the firewall. And these should match what the build plate on the B-pillar inside the driver's door says. Of questionable legality otherwise. Though it is possible, at least in this state, to get a title for such a Frankencar.

JustPassinThru
03-28-2012, 01:07 AM #12

(03-27-2012, 02:11 PM)DeliveryValve ...I hate to say this, but you may need to do a bit more investigating on this car. You should do a VIN search on the VINs you have on hand. Changing out a VIN is fraud and may indicate a stolen vehicle...

Or, to be exceedingly optimistic, perhaps it was in an accident, went under a semi trailer, and the impact accordioned the roof and pillars. So, these were replaced by welding-on the top from an '80.

I *said* I was being "exceedingly optimistic" Tongue

Should have an A-pillar plate that matches what's stamped on the firewall. And these should match what the build plate on the B-pillar inside the driver's door says. Of questionable legality otherwise. Though it is possible, at least in this state, to get a title for such a Frankencar.

lgreeley83
Mr. Rumbles

03-28-2012, 08:46 AM #13
Well i was nervous and busy yesterday. Got the hood open and of couse the vin doesnt match. Actually all three. Firewall, old data plate, new data plate none matched.

"Hey cleatus what car do you want to be today"

Vin lookup on all says no theft or total loss so i am ok. Whatever. Probably gonna try to star a poll on what would you do? I realy didnt want it to be stolen.

lgreeley83
03-28-2012, 08:46 AM #13

Well i was nervous and busy yesterday. Got the hood open and of couse the vin doesnt match. Actually all three. Firewall, old data plate, new data plate none matched.

"Hey cleatus what car do you want to be today"

Vin lookup on all says no theft or total loss so i am ok. Whatever. Probably gonna try to star a poll on what would you do? I realy didnt want it to be stolen.

w123love
Stockish

03-28-2012, 12:11 PM #14
(03-28-2012, 08:46 AM)lgreeley83 "Hey cleatus what car do you want to be today"

Ha! That is way funny

if it don’t blow black...take it back.

1982 300TDT 4 Speed 196K Standard Beige “VEGEWGN”. 300GD FW. Walbro FRC-8 Fuel Pump. ZadaTech LCD Boost, EGT, & Fuel Pressure gauge. Non-EGR Exhaust and Intake Manifold. 3/2 Valves gone. Soon to have Elsbett WVO conversion
1981 300D 314K Midnight Blue “The Blue Car”, Lovecrap system, owned 25 years+
1985 300TD White 198K “Betty White” Pure beauty

The VEGEWGN
w123love
03-28-2012, 12:11 PM #14

(03-28-2012, 08:46 AM)lgreeley83 "Hey cleatus what car do you want to be today"

Ha! That is way funny

if it don’t blow black...take it back.

1982 300TDT 4 Speed 196K Standard Beige “VEGEWGN”. 300GD FW. Walbro FRC-8 Fuel Pump. ZadaTech LCD Boost, EGT, & Fuel Pressure gauge. Non-EGR Exhaust and Intake Manifold. 3/2 Valves gone. Soon to have Elsbett WVO conversion
1981 300D 314K Midnight Blue “The Blue Car”, Lovecrap system, owned 25 years+
1985 300TD White 198K “Betty White” Pure beauty

The VEGEWGN

JustPassinThru
W123 and W124

04-09-2012, 08:20 PM #15
I found one today which had the console already gone. The black plastic backing is $5. Add $5 for postage and I'll go get it and send it. Sorry though, there are no decent zebrano trim pieces on any cars in local lots at the moment.

JustPassinThru
04-09-2012, 08:20 PM #15

I found one today which had the console already gone. The black plastic backing is $5. Add $5 for postage and I'll go get it and send it. Sorry though, there are no decent zebrano trim pieces on any cars in local lots at the moment.

lgreeley83
Mr. Rumbles

04-09-2012, 08:46 PM #16
Pm sent

lgreeley83
04-09-2012, 08:46 PM #16

Pm sent

Snipe656
K26-2

04-11-2012, 04:39 PM #17
(03-26-2012, 01:17 PM)JustPassinThru Here's a thorough description of how to totally remove every part of the HVAC system right down to the evaporator:

Nice, any chance you know of one of these for a W126?

Snipe656
04-11-2012, 04:39 PM #17

(03-26-2012, 01:17 PM)JustPassinThru Here's a thorough description of how to totally remove every part of the HVAC system right down to the evaporator:

Nice, any chance you know of one of these for a W126?

JustPassinThru
W123 and W124

04-12-2012, 09:06 AM #18
(04-11-2012, 04:39 PM)Snipe656 Nice, any chance you know of one of these for a W126?

Don't own a W126, so have no interest in searching. Try Googling it. Maybe the FSM.

JustPassinThru
04-12-2012, 09:06 AM #18

(04-11-2012, 04:39 PM)Snipe656 Nice, any chance you know of one of these for a W126?

Don't own a W126, so have no interest in searching. Try Googling it. Maybe the FSM.

JustPassinThru
W123 and W124

04-16-2012, 08:32 AM #19
Found one for a W124 though:
http://www.peachparts.com/shopforum/tech...ments.html

JustPassinThru
04-16-2012, 08:32 AM #19

Found one for a W124 though:
http://www.peachparts.com/shopforum/tech...ments.html

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average