STD Other FS / WTB / Buying guides wtb tach stuff....

wtb tach stuff....

wtb tach stuff....

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

lgreeley83
Mr. Rumbles

03-25-2012, 12:26 PM #1
I just got a two prong tach from a fellow member. Thought all was gonna be great.

Just realized i dont have the tach amp base i have the diagnostic base. All the same asside from no #3 pin.

I have the pickup sensor with white wire will that plug into the proper tach amp base?

Anybody got the wiring i need and tach amp?
    This is what I have. I need the tach amp base though.
This post was last modified: 03-25-2012, 01:03 PM by lgreeley83.

" straighten up that star on the grill, assholes."

lgreeley83
03-25-2012, 12:26 PM #1

I just got a two prong tach from a fellow member. Thought all was gonna be great.

Just realized i dont have the tach amp base i have the diagnostic base. All the same asside from no #3 pin.

I have the pickup sensor with white wire will that plug into the proper tach amp base?

Anybody got the wiring i need and tach amp?

This is what I have. I need the tach amp base though.

lgreeley83
Mr. Rumbles

03-25-2012, 04:50 PM #2
Quoting from another forum

"It appears that the socket you have is from the post 1984 diagnostic plug, and not the one that was supplied with cars fitted with the tach amp/two pin tach combination.

This is OK, as long as you rewire the plug to get it it to match the configuration required by the tach amp. For example, you should move one of the unused wires into the pin 3 position, and then run the pin 3 wire directly to the input pin on the back of the 2-pin tach."

Anybody can sell a tach amp?

lgreeley83
03-25-2012, 04:50 PM #2

Quoting from another forum

"It appears that the socket you have is from the post 1984 diagnostic plug, and not the one that was supplied with cars fitted with the tach amp/two pin tach combination.

This is OK, as long as you rewire the plug to get it it to match the configuration required by the tach amp. For example, you should move one of the unused wires into the pin 3 position, and then run the pin 3 wire directly to the input pin on the back of the 2-pin tach."

Anybody can sell a tach amp?

aaa
GT2256V

03-25-2012, 04:58 PM #3
Tach Amp.
aaa
03-25-2012, 04:58 PM #3

Tach Amp.

lgreeley83
Mr. Rumbles

03-25-2012, 06:36 PM #4
I saw that too. I guess i was going for the junk yard price if someone had an extra sitting around. That looks like my best bet though huh? I mean based on the rate originals go bad.
Hows the longevity/functionality on that? Any good bad opinions on that? In reading it serms that individual is pretty much "the man" when it comes to mb electronics.
This post was last modified: 03-25-2012, 06:42 PM by lgreeley83.

lgreeley83
03-25-2012, 06:36 PM #4

I saw that too. I guess i was going for the junk yard price if someone had an extra sitting around. That looks like my best bet though huh? I mean based on the rate originals go bad.

Hows the longevity/functionality on that? Any good bad opinions on that? In reading it serms that individual is pretty much "the man" when it comes to mb electronics.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average