STD Maintenance General High beam and dash light problems 250D W124

High beam and dash light problems 250D W124

High beam and dash light problems 250D W124

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

jellydonut
1987 W124 250D

03-22-2012, 04:14 AM #1
Hey guys

Just bought a 250D W124 1987 (manual transmission). It's running great, but there are a few minor issues.

*Dash lighting doesn't work. When I turn the key the warning lamps all light up, and the glow plug lamp lights and turns off properly as it glows and finishes glowing. However, after I've started and the engine is running, no lights in the dash cluster work at all. Not the warning lamps nor the dial illumination.

*High beams do not work. I flick the lever and nothing happens.

The left headlight bulb, left reversing lamp, and license plate light are not working. I'm planning to change them out today, but I'm wondering if perhaps any of this has a connection?

Anyone else had problems like this? Any pointers?

Never mind all that, I'm an idiot. In this country it is mandated that cars are sold with light settings that come on with the ignition. Mercedes has devised a half-solution here that satisfies the regulations by having the low beams come on automatically, but practically nothing else.

I merely assumed it was like my previous car in this respect, and didn't even try to adjust the light selector switch before the other day. Blush

Anyway, this is resolved, a non-problem problem. User error.

And hey, at least I have 'night mode' like the Saabs. Tongue
This post was last modified: 03-26-2012, 12:21 PM by jellydonut.
jellydonut
03-22-2012, 04:14 AM #1

Hey guys

Just bought a 250D W124 1987 (manual transmission). It's running great, but there are a few minor issues.

*Dash lighting doesn't work. When I turn the key the warning lamps all light up, and the glow plug lamp lights and turns off properly as it glows and finishes glowing. However, after I've started and the engine is running, no lights in the dash cluster work at all. Not the warning lamps nor the dial illumination.

*High beams do not work. I flick the lever and nothing happens.

The left headlight bulb, left reversing lamp, and license plate light are not working. I'm planning to change them out today, but I'm wondering if perhaps any of this has a connection?

Anyone else had problems like this? Any pointers?

Never mind all that, I'm an idiot. In this country it is mandated that cars are sold with light settings that come on with the ignition. Mercedes has devised a half-solution here that satisfies the regulations by having the low beams come on automatically, but practically nothing else.

I merely assumed it was like my previous car in this respect, and didn't even try to adjust the light selector switch before the other day. Blush

Anyway, this is resolved, a non-problem problem. User error.

And hey, at least I have 'night mode' like the Saabs. Tongue

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average