STD Maintenance General NEED SOME HELP

NEED SOME HELP

NEED SOME HELP

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

SEGAMISO
Naturally-aspirated

03-15-2012, 01:27 PM #1
HAD A DONER MOTOR OUT OF A 300TD TO BE INSTALLED IN A CUSTOM LANDCRUISER, THE ONLY PROBLEM I DIDNT GET A CHANCE TO REMOVE THE OLD ALDA BOOST CONTROLLER. IS THERE ANYONE THAT KNOWS IF THAT COULD BE BYPASSED AS TO NOT BLOW OUT THIS MOTOR. PLEASE LET ME KNOW,THANK YOU ALL FOR ALL YOUR INPUT.
This post was last modified: 03-15-2012, 01:28 PM by SEGAMISO.
SEGAMISO
03-15-2012, 01:27 PM #1

HAD A DONER MOTOR OUT OF A 300TD TO BE INSTALLED IN A CUSTOM LANDCRUISER, THE ONLY PROBLEM I DIDNT GET A CHANCE TO REMOVE THE OLD ALDA BOOST CONTROLLER. IS THERE ANYONE THAT KNOWS IF THAT COULD BE BYPASSED AS TO NOT BLOW OUT THIS MOTOR. PLEASE LET ME KNOW,THANK YOU ALL FOR ALL YOUR INPUT.

larsalan
Superturbo

03-15-2012, 02:40 PM #2
so you want to remove an ALDA, right? Either plug the tube going to it or send it to a boost gauge. The tube comes from the intake mani so the ALDA will know how much boost is at.
Anyway, then you need to turn the ALDA left, as in lefty-loosy. While still holding a large nut under the ALDA toward the right, as in righty-tighty.
People have claimed to grab the ALDA with some large channel locks, though that has never worked for me. I have always stuck something into where that boost line was threaded into. Then, I take something long to get some leverage on that. These parts have always been well stuck in my modest experience.

This should not 'blow out' your motor as far as I know.

Rusted out beat down 300d turbo 82' -- RIP
Nice body, tons of ridiculous mechanical issues - 300d turbo 82' /motor 85'
larsalan
03-15-2012, 02:40 PM #2

so you want to remove an ALDA, right? Either plug the tube going to it or send it to a boost gauge. The tube comes from the intake mani so the ALDA will know how much boost is at.
Anyway, then you need to turn the ALDA left, as in lefty-loosy. While still holding a large nut under the ALDA toward the right, as in righty-tighty.
People have claimed to grab the ALDA with some large channel locks, though that has never worked for me. I have always stuck something into where that boost line was threaded into. Then, I take something long to get some leverage on that. These parts have always been well stuck in my modest experience.

This should not 'blow out' your motor as far as I know.

SEGAMISO
Naturally-aspirated

03-15-2012, 03:13 PM #3
Thank you for the response, But I don't think I was clear on what i really need to know. The ALDA has 2 vacuum lines going to a solenoid, Im just not sure if its OK to bypass that solenoid since im not even sure what activates the solenoid and at what rpm or speed required. I found this site be he only states that it shouldn't be bypassed. Not sure what to do with this thing. Please help.
http://dieselgiant.com/mercedesaldaboostsystemservi.htm

Thank you again for your quick response before
SEGAMISO
03-15-2012, 03:13 PM #3

Thank you for the response, But I don't think I was clear on what i really need to know. The ALDA has 2 vacuum lines going to a solenoid, Im just not sure if its OK to bypass that solenoid since im not even sure what activates the solenoid and at what rpm or speed required. I found this site be he only states that it shouldn't be bypassed. Not sure what to do with this thing. Please help.
http://dieselgiant.com/mercedesaldaboostsystemservi.htm

Thank you again for your quick response before

larsalan
Superturbo

03-15-2012, 04:14 PM #4
Hmm, I think I just plug that thing up and leave it there on the firewall.

larsalan
03-15-2012, 04:14 PM #4

Hmm, I think I just plug that thing up and leave it there on the firewall.

aaa
GT2256V

03-15-2012, 04:19 PM #5
It's activated when the boost gets too high during a wastegate failure. It's normally not used at all and just sits open, since if the wastegate works it takes care of things.
aaa
03-15-2012, 04:19 PM #5

It's activated when the boost gets too high during a wastegate failure. It's normally not used at all and just sits open, since if the wastegate works it takes care of things.

SEGAMISO
Naturally-aspirated

03-15-2012, 04:36 PM #6
Ill try it out , Thank you again for all your help , Have a great day
SEGAMISO
03-15-2012, 04:36 PM #6

Ill try it out , Thank you again for all your help , Have a great day

yankneck696
Build it so strong & blow it up good !!!

03-15-2012, 05:04 PM #7
The overboost solenoid is one of the first bypassed safety devices on a 617. Just have a boost gauge. You could also do an idiot light from the sensor (that used to control the solenoid).

Ed
yankneck696
03-15-2012, 05:04 PM #7

The overboost solenoid is one of the first bypassed safety devices on a 617. Just have a boost gauge. You could also do an idiot light from the sensor (that used to control the solenoid).

Ed

iheartboost
Holset

03-15-2012, 09:20 PM #8
lol something that i can actually answer and i miss it. but yea like everyone else said over boost solenoid is NBD to bypass

1998 E300TD 7.5mm pump and hx35 to come!
00 Mustang gt drift car

iheartboost
03-15-2012, 09:20 PM #8

lol something that i can actually answer and i miss it. but yea like everyone else said over boost solenoid is NBD to bypass

1998 E300TD 7.5mm pump and hx35 to come!
00 Mustang gt drift car

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average