STD Tuning Engine 2006 CDI Immobilizer

2006 CDI Immobilizer

2006 CDI Immobilizer

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

zeeman
Holset

03-13-2012, 07:36 PM #1
In doing a 2006 E-320 CDI custom engine installation I have a problem with the ECU. As I understand I need the ECU, dash cluster and smart key to make it all work in a stand alone application.
The immobilizer cannot be deleted, although if you have the vin# of the car the ECU came from, a friendly Mercedes dealer can make a smart key for you.
This gets the engine started, then I understand the dash cluster must be from the same car in order for the odometer to function because the ECU stores the numbers.
I have read were the cluster was changed with a used unit and everything worked fine except for the odometer.
Is it possible to reprogram the cluster to operate properly with the ECU. I am able to have the transmission function removed to use a different transmission. Am I correct on my information so far.
zeeman
03-13-2012, 07:36 PM #1

In doing a 2006 E-320 CDI custom engine installation I have a problem with the ECU. As I understand I need the ECU, dash cluster and smart key to make it all work in a stand alone application.
The immobilizer cannot be deleted, although if you have the vin# of the car the ECU came from, a friendly Mercedes dealer can make a smart key for you.
This gets the engine started, then I understand the dash cluster must be from the same car in order for the odometer to function because the ECU stores the numbers.
I have read were the cluster was changed with a used unit and everything worked fine except for the odometer.
Is it possible to reprogram the cluster to operate properly with the ECU. I am able to have the transmission function removed to use a different transmission. Am I correct on my information so far.

MB TECH
GT2559V

03-14-2012, 07:52 AM #2
You will need the CDI control unit, the EIS(electronic ignition switch) control unit, smart key, front SAM (signal acquisition module) for starter engagement, accelerator pedal for throttle signal, BCM (battery control module) for engaging the serial interface on alternator, and Transmission control unit if using a 722.6 automatic. The odometer reading is stored in the EIS control unit.
To my knowledge you should not have to worry about an instrument cluster for your application unless you want that style cluster for the project and the check engine light indicator. To order a smart key you will need the VIN, proof of ownership (title), and drivers license.
also I would grab the steering lock, shifter assembly, and ESP control unit just in case you run into problems with gear selection with an automatic.
This post was last modified: 03-14-2012, 07:53 AM by MB TECH.

1979 450SEL 6.9 - stock

1960 220SE
111 tube chassis car/undergoing full restoration. Body work in progress. Merging with a 1996 S500 (119 engine, 722.6 trans, and both subframes)

2005 S55 AMG - stock

1999 SLK230 Kompressor - stock

2006 SLK55 AMG - stock

MB TECH
03-14-2012, 07:52 AM #2

You will need the CDI control unit, the EIS(electronic ignition switch) control unit, smart key, front SAM (signal acquisition module) for starter engagement, accelerator pedal for throttle signal, BCM (battery control module) for engaging the serial interface on alternator, and Transmission control unit if using a 722.6 automatic. The odometer reading is stored in the EIS control unit.
To my knowledge you should not have to worry about an instrument cluster for your application unless you want that style cluster for the project and the check engine light indicator. To order a smart key you will need the VIN, proof of ownership (title), and drivers license.

also I would grab the steering lock, shifter assembly, and ESP control unit just in case you run into problems with gear selection with an automatic.

1979 450SEL 6.9 - stock

1960 220SE
111 tube chassis car/undergoing full restoration. Body work in progress. Merging with a 1996 S500 (119 engine, 722.6 trans, and both subframes)

2005 S55 AMG - stock

2006 SLK55 AMG - stock

zeeman
Holset

03-15-2012, 08:23 PM #3
(03-14-2012, 07:52 AM)MB TECH You will need the CDI control unit, the EIS(electronic ignition switch) control unit, smart key, front SAM (signal acquisition module) for starter engagement, accelerator pedal for throttle signal, BCM (battery control module) for engaging the serial interface on alternator, and Transmission control unit if using a 722.6 automatic. The odometer reading is stored in the EIS control unit.

I appreciate the info. I talked to a tech at the Mercedes dealer and he started that if I was not using the Mercedes transmission I could bypass the Mercedes ignition to start and run the engine and use a conventional ignition switch. Is the limp home mode in the transmission or in the engine fuel system.

zeeman
03-15-2012, 08:23 PM #3

(03-14-2012, 07:52 AM)MB TECH You will need the CDI control unit, the EIS(electronic ignition switch) control unit, smart key, front SAM (signal acquisition module) for starter engagement, accelerator pedal for throttle signal, BCM (battery control module) for engaging the serial interface on alternator, and Transmission control unit if using a 722.6 automatic. The odometer reading is stored in the EIS control unit.

I appreciate the info. I talked to a tech at the Mercedes dealer and he started that if I was not using the Mercedes transmission I could bypass the Mercedes ignition to start and run the engine and use a conventional ignition switch. Is the limp home mode in the transmission or in the engine fuel system.

MB TECH
GT2559V

03-16-2012, 01:24 PM #4
The limp mode originates from the trans control unit, however when it is detected, the CDI module throws fault codes for the limp mode, I am not certain if it hinders anything on the engine side or if it is simply just fault codes.

1979 450SEL 6.9 - stock

1960 220SE

2005 S55 AMG - stock

2006 SLK55 AMG - stock

MB TECH
03-16-2012, 01:24 PM #4

The limp mode originates from the trans control unit, however when it is detected, the CDI module throws fault codes for the limp mode, I am not certain if it hinders anything on the engine side or if it is simply just fault codes.

1979 450SEL 6.9 - stock

1960 220SE

2005 S55 AMG - stock

2006 SLK55 AMG - stock

zeeman
Holset

03-17-2012, 12:35 AM #5
(03-16-2012, 01:24 PM)MB TECH The limp mode originates from the trans control unit, however when it is detected, the CDI module throws fault codes for the limp mode, I am not certain if it hinders anything on the engine side or if it is simply just fault codes.

Do you know if the vin # can be retrieved from the computer so I can have a key made? Is there a way of bypassing the immoblizer pin on the ECM, to use another ignition switch to start and run the engine. This would be without the Mercedes transmission.
zeeman
03-17-2012, 12:35 AM #5

(03-16-2012, 01:24 PM)MB TECH The limp mode originates from the trans control unit, however when it is detected, the CDI module throws fault codes for the limp mode, I am not certain if it hinders anything on the engine side or if it is simply just fault codes.

Do you know if the vin # can be retrieved from the computer so I can have a key made? Is there a way of bypassing the immoblizer pin on the ECM, to use another ignition switch to start and run the engine. This would be without the Mercedes transmission.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average