STD Tuning Engine How important...

How important...

How important...

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

ForcedInduction
Banned

05-03-2009, 06:00 AM #1
...is it that the transmission bowden cable have this free moving attachment?

If I could directly connect the bowden to the main "stop" lever, it would vastly simplify linkage for mounting the M-Pump. I could eliminate everything on top of the valvecover.
This post was last modified: 05-03-2009, 06:00 AM by ForcedInduction.
ForcedInduction
05-03-2009, 06:00 AM #1

...is it that the transmission bowden cable have this free moving attachment?

If I could directly connect the bowden to the main "stop" lever, it would vastly simplify linkage for mounting the M-Pump. I could eliminate everything on top of the valvecover.

h2odiesel
Naturally-aspirated

05-03-2009, 07:09 AM #2
I think they make it free floating in one direction so that if a problem were to occur with the cable or tranny near WOT it will not prevent the IP from returning to idle. You will probably need to extend the cable to reach over near the pump, but if you leave a long portion of the inner core unsheathed it will act as a one way safety due to the cores flexibility.

(05-03-2009, 06:00 AM)ForcedInduction ...is it that the transmission bowden cable have this free moving attachment?

h2odiesel
05-03-2009, 07:09 AM #2

I think they make it free floating in one direction so that if a problem were to occur with the cable or tranny near WOT it will not prevent the IP from returning to idle. You will probably need to extend the cable to reach over near the pump, but if you leave a long portion of the inner core unsheathed it will act as a one way safety due to the cores flexibility.

(05-03-2009, 06:00 AM)ForcedInduction ...is it that the transmission bowden cable have this free moving attachment?

ForcedInduction
Banned

05-04-2009, 06:28 AM #3
Thank you, but never mind. This idea is out in favor of something much better. Wink
ForcedInduction
05-04-2009, 06:28 AM #3

Thank you, but never mind. This idea is out in favor of something much better. Wink

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average