STD Tuning Engine IP timing?

IP timing?

IP timing?

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

bad3gakk
om605 - kkk27 - w124

03-02-2012, 12:39 PM #1
Is there a "stock" timing position on the IP? Or do i have to time the IP manually? (Standard om605 N/A IP, with 2,5 turns on max load, and idle screws)
How much is it safe to adwance the ignition point?
If its relevant, the engine is turbo converted..
bad3gakk
03-02-2012, 12:39 PM #1

Is there a "stock" timing position on the IP? Or do i have to time the IP manually? (Standard om605 N/A IP, with 2,5 turns on max load, and idle screws)
How much is it safe to adwance the ignition point?
If its relevant, the engine is turbo converted..

Alastair E
Moderator?--Nah...

03-03-2012, 07:00 PM #2
Set the timing as advised in the WSM.

You may have a slight gain by no more than 4 degrees advancement in timing setting over std. position.

[Image: 300TDnoplate.jpg]
Alastair E
03-03-2012, 07:00 PM #2

Set the timing as advised in the WSM.

You may have a slight gain by no more than 4 degrees advancement in timing setting over std. position.

[Image: 300TDnoplate.jpg]

barrote
Superturbo

03-05-2012, 05:43 AM #3
hy bad3gakk ,
I´m fighting with a 605N/A to turbo conversion, maybe u can help me?
How and where did u get the oil pressure line for the turbo? same as for return oil.
did put inter-cooler?
anyway we can share some knowledge about this conversions what u think?
regards
Francisco.

FD,
Powered by tractor fuel
barrote
03-05-2012, 05:43 AM #3

hy bad3gakk ,
I´m fighting with a 605N/A to turbo conversion, maybe u can help me?
How and where did u get the oil pressure line for the turbo? same as for return oil.
did put inter-cooler?
anyway we can share some knowledge about this conversions what u think?
regards
Francisco.

FD,
Powered by tractor fuel

bad3gakk
om605 - kkk27 - w124

03-07-2012, 09:53 AM #4
Ofcourse Francisco Smile

I get oil pressure line from where the oil pressure sensor is on the oil filter house, i used a thing that looks like a T so i can put both the oil line and the oil pressure line in there Smile
As for oil return, there is a little flat surface beneath the exhaust port of the second cylinder, where the oil return line is supposed to be on the original turbodiesels.. Its just above the edge of the oil pan.. Drill a whole there and put a pipe in there Smile
First I tried in whole for the oil measuring "rod"..thing.. in front... That went wrong, cince oil pressure inside the turbo is bad...the return was too high, and it didnt "pour" as fast as it should out, and the turbo started to "spit" oil into the intercooler.. this is dangerous as hell!

I used the largest intercooler i could fit, bought locally.. And cut my way into the front to get room for it :p
Probably an overkill, for now Tongue
bad3gakk
03-07-2012, 09:53 AM #4

Ofcourse Francisco Smile

I get oil pressure line from where the oil pressure sensor is on the oil filter house, i used a thing that looks like a T so i can put both the oil line and the oil pressure line in there Smile
As for oil return, there is a little flat surface beneath the exhaust port of the second cylinder, where the oil return line is supposed to be on the original turbodiesels.. Its just above the edge of the oil pan.. Drill a whole there and put a pipe in there Smile
First I tried in whole for the oil measuring "rod"..thing.. in front... That went wrong, cince oil pressure inside the turbo is bad...the return was too high, and it didnt "pour" as fast as it should out, and the turbo started to "spit" oil into the intercooler.. this is dangerous as hell!

I used the largest intercooler i could fit, bought locally.. And cut my way into the front to get room for it :p
Probably an overkill, for now Tongue

barrote
Superturbo

03-07-2012, 10:42 AM #5
well, that's nice.
i used the same position to draw oil pressure from, and return is going trough oil drain with a special device(bolt with a large hole) i found. didn´t had oil leaking but it may happen.
i´ll will have to fit a external oil radiator cause it has too high temperature in the engine, (Portugal is a way lot warm than Norway) well i´m thinking on using a oil pump electrically driven and a circuit just for that, instead of getting the circuit of the oil filter housing, what do u think, or do u know of better idea?
inter-cooler is in the process, everything is being made to have over engine with ram capture in the hood. basically 2 CDI type inter cooler aside. maybe with one fan beneath.
for the moment i have a audi tt turbo, but i want one big one like gt28 with bearings, what u think? and by the way u know where i can find one? well dont have money for garret but i can find some for other brand, the idea is reach 300hp.
thanks for all

FD,