STD Tuning Engine Changing the delivery valve O-rings and lost a DV spring...

Changing the delivery valve O-rings and lost a DV spring...

Changing the delivery valve O-rings and lost a DV spring...

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

charlysays
GTA2056V

09-07-2016, 07:23 AM #1
I don't like doing this job, and on the last delivery valve today I experienced wobbly fingers and dropped the spring which has been swallowed up in the engine bay somewhere near the AC Pump on an OM605 Turbo with EDC Pump.

I have fitted a spring off my donor engines injector pump (also OM605 Turbo with EDC) which appears identical and has 50k more likes on it.

Is this likely to cause an issue?
This post was last modified: 09-07-2016, 07:24 AM by charlysays.
charlysays
09-07-2016, 07:23 AM #1

I don't like doing this job, and on the last delivery valve today I experienced wobbly fingers and dropped the spring which has been swallowed up in the engine bay somewhere near the AC Pump on an OM605 Turbo with EDC Pump.

I have fitted a spring off my donor engines injector pump (also OM605 Turbo with EDC) which appears identical and has 50k more likes on it.

Is this likely to cause an issue?

charlysays
GTA2056V

09-07-2016, 08:28 AM #2
Seems to run just like it did before, so I guess nothing dire.
charlysays
09-07-2016, 08:28 AM #2

Seems to run just like it did before, so I guess nothing dire.

Suitko
W210 OM606

09-07-2016, 10:49 AM #3
It is the same spring according to EPC. You should be fine.
Suitko
09-07-2016, 10:49 AM #3

It is the same spring according to EPC. You should be fine.

AlanMcR
mind - blown

09-07-2016, 11:50 AM #4
That slot between the IP and the block is like a black hole. Things go in and never come out.
AlanMcR
09-07-2016, 11:50 AM #4

That slot between the IP and the block is like a black hole. Things go in and never come out.

charlysays
GTA2056V

09-07-2016, 12:30 PM #5
Cool, so all EDC om605 turbo pumps use the same delivery valve spring?
Good times. It runs fine so I guess it's cool.
It is a black hole. . I think a lot of the cast mounting brackets have a gap behind them and stuff gets in there and stuck in corners.
charlysays
09-07-2016, 12:30 PM #5

Cool, so all EDC om605 turbo pumps use the same delivery valve spring?
Good times. It runs fine so I guess it's cool.
It is a black hole. . I think a lot of the cast mounting brackets have a gap behind them and stuff gets in there and stuck in corners.

barrote
Superturbo

09-08-2016, 02:21 AM #6
all bosch inlines use the same DV holder Spring... maybe overtime they changed part number
that thing is only rated to maintain 20bar pressurized line , after it opens and thats is job.
beware to install the DV body with the slot in the right place, and tight force should never exeed 18N , too much tight may cause rack malfunction and one may end up with a stuck rack.

FD,
Powered by tractor fuel
barrote
09-08-2016, 02:21 AM #6

all bosch inlines use the same DV holder Spring... maybe overtime they changed part number
that thing is only rated to maintain 20bar pressurized line , after it opens and thats is job.
beware to install the DV body with the slot in the right place, and tight force should never exeed 18N , too much tight may cause rack malfunction and one may end up with a stuck rack.

FD,