STD Maintenance General Euro Bumper part number

Euro Bumper part number

Euro Bumper part number

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Purplecomputer
Slowness 220D

02-26-2012, 03:06 PM #1
Hey,

Just wanted to see if anyone had the part number for the euro bumper 3 piece front.

My aunt lived in Germany and I asked her if her husband could go take a look and see if he finds it for me.

After all I probably have better chances if finding it in Germany then i do here.

thanks
Purplecomputer
02-26-2012, 03:06 PM #1

Hey,

Just wanted to see if anyone had the part number for the euro bumper 3 piece front.

My aunt lived in Germany and I asked her if her husband could go take a look and see if he finds it for me.

After all I probably have better chances if finding it in Germany then i do here.

thanks

JustPassinThru
W123 and W124

02-26-2012, 04:43 PM #2
(02-26-2012, 03:06 PM)Purplecomputer Hey,
thanks

123 880 and then it has two numbers, one on top of the other, 0270 and 0970, see

http://i39.tinypic.com/wa4w8j.jpg

Curiously, it is stamped upside down, relative to the orientation of the headlamp washer nozzles.

Gone but not forgotten: two W123 sedans and two W124 wagons.
W124 1987 300TD wagon, for sale, $1000 (some assembly required).
JustPassinThru
02-26-2012, 04:43 PM #2

(02-26-2012, 03:06 PM)Purplecomputer Hey,
thanks

123 880 and then it has two numbers, one on top of the other, 0270 and 0970, see

http://i39.tinypic.com/wa4w8j.jpg

Curiously, it is stamped upside down, relative to the orientation of the headlamp washer nozzles.

JustPassinThru
W123 and W124

02-27-2012, 02:16 AM #3
It just occurred to me: these are the numbers on the 3-piece front bumper which has spacing for a *U.S.* license plate. The numbers on Euro bumpers in Germany, built to take European plates which are wider, might be different.

However, you might find Euro bumpers in Germany on a wrecking-yard car which was originally bought new by a U.S. servicemember stationed there. The plates the Army and Air Force issued in Europe to servicemembers had the same dimensions as a U.S. plate, so presumably the bumpers on a servicemember's car are identical to the Euro-style bumpers sold in the U.S. on 230CE and 280CE coupes (the picture is of one pulled from a 280CE in Seattle).

When I was stationed in Germany, throughout the '90's, almost every Army and Air Force base large or small had its own wrecking yard, the only exceptions I can think of were the headquarters bases at Frankfurt and Heidelberg. Ramstein and Rhein-Main AFB's had particularly large yards; perhaps Ramstein still does (Rhein-Main doesn't exist anymore). Most soldiers preferred Beemers, so I pretty much had all the Benz's to myself. If I'd been thinking ahead with a clear crystal ball, I could've brought back four tons of Benz parts at government expense. Prices were ridiculously cheap too. Woulda shoulda coulda.

JustPassinThru
02-27-2012, 02:16 AM #3

It just occurred to me: these are the numbers on the 3-piece front bumper which has spacing for a *U.S.* license plate. The numbers on Euro bumpers in Germany, built to take European plates which are wider, might be different.

However, you might find Euro bumpers in Germany on a wrecking-yard car which was originally bought new by a U.S. servicemember stationed there. The plates the Army and Air Force issued in Europe to servicemembers had the same dimensions as a U.S. plate, so presumably the bumpers on a servicemember's car are identical to the Euro-style bumpers sold in the U.S. on 230CE and 280CE coupes (the picture is of one pulled from a 280CE in Seattle).

When I was stationed in Germany, throughout the '90's, almost every Army and Air Force base large or small had its own wrecking yard, the only exceptions I can think of were the headquarters bases at Frankfurt and Heidelberg. Ramstein and Rhein-Main AFB's had particularly large yards; perhaps Ramstein still does (Rhein-Main doesn't exist anymore). Most soldiers preferred Beemers, so I pretty much had all the Benz's to myself. If I'd been thinking ahead with a clear crystal ball, I could've brought back four tons of Benz parts at government expense. Prices were ridiculously cheap too. Woulda shoulda coulda.

Purplecomputer
Slowness 220D

02-29-2012, 09:28 PM #4
Wow, was expecting such detailed info!

Ill see what my uncle comes up with when he has time to check out junk yards.
Purplecomputer
02-29-2012, 09:28 PM #4

Wow, was expecting such detailed info!

Ill see what my uncle comes up with when he has time to check out junk yards.

JustPassinThru
W123 and W124

03-01-2012, 01:54 AM #5
If he finds you one at an Army or Air Force yard, then in token of your appreciation for the info I would appreciate the latching retention clip (inside the trunk lid) for a warning triangle. I have the triangle, just need the clip. It's kept in by friction. Press the locking button in and take a light hammer and tap it upward (toward the tri-star emblem) to remove it. Thanks.

JustPassinThru
03-01-2012, 01:54 AM #5

If he finds you one at an Army or Air Force yard, then in token of your appreciation for the info I would appreciate the latching retention clip (inside the trunk lid) for a warning triangle. I have the triangle, just need the clip. It's kept in by friction. Press the locking button in and take a light hammer and tap it upward (toward the tri-star emblem) to remove it. Thanks.

Purplecomputer
Slowness 220D

03-01-2012, 09:45 AM #6
(03-01-2012, 01:54 AM)JustPassinThru If he finds you one at an Army or Air Force yard, then in token of your appreciation for the info I would appreciate the latching retention clip (inside the trunk lid) for a warning triangle. I have the triangle, just need the clip. It's kept in by friction. Press the locking button in and take a light hammer and tap it upward (toward the tri-star emblem) to remove it. Thanks.

Im not suere where he will go but i will tell him to try there first. Hopefully ue finds what we are looking for. It might be a while though
Purplecomputer
03-01-2012, 09:45 AM #6

(03-01-2012, 01:54 AM)JustPassinThru If he finds you one at an Army or Air Force yard, then in token of your appreciation for the info I would appreciate the latching retention clip (inside the trunk lid) for a warning triangle. I have the triangle, just need the clip. It's kept in by friction. Press the locking button in and take a light hammer and tap it upward (toward the tri-star emblem) to remove it. Thanks.

Im not suere where he will go but i will tell him to try there first. Hopefully ue finds what we are looking for. It might be a while though

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average