STD Tuning Drivetrain W201 getrag onto 606...

W201 getrag onto 606...

W201 getrag onto 606...

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

HughF_UK
GT2256V

02-23-2012, 02:04 PM #1
I'm having a real hard time figuring out what I'm doing wrong here.

The slave cylinder has a spring inside it that will push the actuator rod out as far as it can go. This spring sits behind the piston and piston seal, in the clutch fluid area, it is a big spring.

The presence of this spring causes the release fork to be pushed towards the pressure plate, and thus the release bearing to constantly ride on the release fingers of the pressure plate.

This cannot be right surely?

Google says that this might be known as a continuous contact release bearing, and in fact it is quite normal for it to touch on the release fingers.
This post was last modified: 02-23-2012, 02:43 PM by HughF_UK.
HughF_UK
02-23-2012, 02:04 PM #1

I'm having a real hard time figuring out what I'm doing wrong here.

The slave cylinder has a spring inside it that will push the actuator rod out as far as it can go. This spring sits behind the piston and piston seal, in the clutch fluid area, it is a big spring.

The presence of this spring causes the release fork to be pushed towards the pressure plate, and thus the release bearing to constantly ride on the release fingers of the pressure plate.

This cannot be right surely?

Google says that this might be known as a continuous contact release bearing, and in fact it is quite normal for it to touch on the release fingers.

Alastair E
Moderator?--Nah...

05-26-2012, 12:35 PM #2
Yes--This is correct....

If it didnt, then the clutch would rattle and the pedal position each change of gear could vary.

Just bung it all in as it was--It'll be fine!

[Image: 300TDnoplate.jpg]
Alastair E
05-26-2012, 12:35 PM #2

Yes--This is correct....

If it didnt, then the clutch would rattle and the pedal position each change of gear could vary.

Just bung it all in as it was--It'll be fine!

[Image: 300TDnoplate.jpg]

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average