STD Tuning Engine Hey again guys, haven't posted in a while

Hey again guys, haven't posted in a while

Hey again guys, haven't posted in a while

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Cole
It's as easy as 1 - 2 - 3!

02-23-2012, 08:34 AM #1
I have a blue '85 300TD that I posted about, then a very nice desert car, an '82 300TD became available, so I've been DD'ing that.

Now I've done a bunch of stuff to it, but I can't clear up one issue, maybe you guys can help me out

The car has a mis. When it's -5 out and I start the car, it runs absolutely mint, no vibration, nice steady tach, and oil pressure hugs the 3 mark nice and tight.

Bu as soon as the car warms up the idle gets a bit rough, the car shakes at idle, and at idle the oil pressure needle dances around between 1 and 2 on the dial.

I've done the entire throttle adjustment, new injector nozzles for all 5 injectors, new injector lines, replaced the vacuum pump, fixed the vacuum leak...

I'm stuck on where to go next, do I need a compression tester or somehting?

Thanks so much for any ideas
-Cole
This post was last modified: 02-23-2012, 09:12 AM by Cole.

1982 300TD - Wilber
1985 300TD - Ol' Blue (parts car)
1984 300D - Black Beauty (parts car)
various OM617 and 617A parts engine

"You have to realize that this is a DIESEL and you have a gasser for starters - what works for you will not necessarily apply to me. I for instance could run 35 pounds of boost and probably more and your engine would be a block with melted pistons. "

-Rudolf Diesel
Cole
02-23-2012, 08:34 AM #1

I have a blue '85 300TD that I posted about, then a very nice desert car, an '82 300TD became available, so I've been DD'ing that.

Now I've done a bunch of stuff to it, but I can't clear up one issue, maybe you guys can help me out

The car has a mis. When it's -5 out and I start the car, it runs absolutely mint, no vibration, nice steady tach, and oil pressure hugs the 3 mark nice and tight.

Bu as soon as the car warms up the idle gets a bit rough, the car shakes at idle, and at idle the oil pressure needle dances around between 1 and 2 on the dial.

I've done the entire throttle adjustment, new injector nozzles for all 5 injectors, new injector lines, replaced the vacuum pump, fixed the vacuum leak...

I'm stuck on where to go next, do I need a compression tester or somehting?

Thanks so much for any ideas
-Cole

1982 300TD - Wilber
1985 300TD - Ol' Blue (parts car)
1984 300D - Black Beauty (parts car)
various OM617 and 617A parts engine

"You have to realize that this is a DIESEL and you have a gasser for starters - what works for you will not necessarily apply to me. I for instance could run 35 pounds of boost and probably more and your engine would be a block with melted pistons. "

-Rudolf Diesel

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average